Baker / mcsheffrey (1 Viewer)

speedie87

Did anyone miss him yesterday?

Mcsheffrey, what are people's thoughts on him now he's in the team and we are winning.

D

Deleted member 4232

I like sheffers. Don't think he gets the praise he deserves sometimes.

stupot07

Sheffers ha been much improved over the last 4-5 games, and his ability to make attacking runs beyond DMc have been one of the reasons for our improvement.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

McSheff was so 50/50 yesterday.
One minute he'd put a 40 yard pass across field. Then the next he'd fluff a corner.

He's crossing yesterday was absolutely dreadful at time.
Worked his socks off.

stupot07

I think it's more the fact he's involved rather than just being on the periphery of the game for large periods. Also opposition teams seem to be frightened of him.

skybluesteve76

Sheffers didn't ways produce that quality final ball yesterday but his work rate and desire is unquestionable.
I also think Bakers energy was missed at certain points in the game, although Barton did very well

Mucca Mad Boys

Sheffers didn't ways produce that quality final ball yesterday but his work rate and desire is unquestionable.
I also think Bakers energy was missed at certain points in the game, although Barton did very well

Harsh as it is, McSheff should be dropped to the bench, Baker RM, Moussa LM, Barton AMC, Barton is doing well and he's scoring some great goals.

Baginton

No matter how good people think Baker is, that yellow card was a foolish booking, I think Robins was not impressed looking at his face during the S.B.Player interview, we've just beaten the second placed team 4-1 on their own turf, no way should anyone be dropped.

Baker should start on the bench.

Black6Osprey

I'd sooner start with Baker as he has overcome a lot of critisism to play consistently well for a while now. Barton is showing some signs of improvement and as much as I've criticised him, if any player can turn things around and play well then I'm all for it, but still Baker all the way for me. If Barton keeps working hard and taking his chances when he gets them then who knows. I'm just glad that we are getting some real competition for places and everyone is pulling together to go forward as a team.

kg82

Robins isn't going to keep our skipper on the bench! He'll be back in. Bit unlucky for Barton to be fair.

Mucca Mad Boys

No way should macca be dropped. He's doing really well lately

He isn't doing that well, he's scored 1 league goal? Barton should get the nod. Better goal scoring record this year (Barton 10 starts 4 sub, McSheff 9 start 6 sub) Barton and Moussa are our joint 3rd goalscorers in L1 (Ball got 3 but 0 in L1).

Source: actim index

sw88

Chief Commentator!
No matter how good people think Baker is, that yellow card was a foolish booking, I think Robins was not impressed looking at his face during the S.B.Player interview, we've just beaten the second placed team 4-1 on their own turf, no way should anyone be dropped.

Baker should start on the bench.

Thing is, 3 of his 5 yellows were stupid dissent bookings and all of which could have been avoided.

torchomatic

It's easy to have a go at Barton, McSheff and Baker when we aren't doing well as many on here did, so I'm pleased they are doing well. Particularly Barton, he doesn't seem such a "luxury" now, does he? He comes in, he scores. It's great to have a player who can come off the bench or step into the team and do the business.

stupot07

He isn't doing that well, he's scored 1 league goal? Barton should get the nod. Better goal scoring record this year (Barton 10 starts 4 sub, McSheff 9 start 6 sub) Barton and Moussa are our joint 3rd goalscorers in L1 (Ball got 3 but 0 in L1).

It's not all about goals, and you say Barton is playing very well at the minute - he's started just 2 games since the Bournemouth game over 2 months ago (6th October). - Morecombe and Doncaster, the rest of his appearances in this time have been in the last 15 minutes usually when the game was already won.

Sheff has started virtually every day on the brilliant run we've been on and although he hasn't been scoring he has been contributing, and his running and movement has helped create chances and space for others.

skybluesteve76

Not his goalscoring. His overall work rate and team play has been fantastic. His final ball let him down yesterday but he was involved in everything. Brings a bit of experience to the side, something of which we haven't got a great deal of.

Paxman II

Barton is the man to be dropped to the bench. A good team and spirit will understand that. McShefferey has made a huge difference since getting his act to gether which I beleive was merely fitness and confidence. Now he is looking like his old self. The quality he has at this level can create havoc for defences. The team has a solid feel about it at the moment.

shmmeee

It's a man management issue for me. Baker got suspended, which is his fault. Barton came in and scored and contributed to our best performance of the season.

To drop Barton says to all the reserves that there's no point trying. To leave out your captain and arguably the form player on principle shows strength and consistency.

I don't think Robins is happy enough with the players to risk complacency slipping in.

pusbccfc

It's a man management issue for me. Baker got suspended, which is his fault. Barton came in and scored and contributed to our best performance of the season.

To drop Barton says to all the reserves that there's no point trying. To leave out your captain and arguably the form player on principle shows strength and consistency.

I don't think Robins is happy enough with the players to risk complacency slipping in.

Who's to say if Baker played yesterday he would of scored 1/2 goals?

Mucca Mad Boys

It's not all about goals, and you say Barton is playing very well at the minute - he's started just 2 games since the Bournemouth game over 2 months ago (6th October). - Morecombe and Doncaster, the rest of his appearances in this time have been in the last 15 minutes usually when the game was already won.

Sheff has started virtually every day on the brilliant run we've been on and although he hasn't been scoring he has been contributing, and his running and movement has helped create chances and space for others.

True, but McSheff is supposed to be a goalscorer? I agree with what you're saying, but on the point about Barton coming on when the game is won: you can only impress in the time you're on, he's done well every time he's come on, his assist to McG was very good which killed the Colchester game off, we could've conceded again and drop 2 points and a very good win. He played well v Donny and should start v PNE, he should be well up for that game! Baker to start RM, Moussa LM, Barton AMC, 2-1 CCFC.

I did notice his contribution to the 1st goal. (Sheffs)

skybluesteve76

True, but McSheff is supposed to be a goalscorer? I agree with what you're saying, but on the point about Barton coming on when the game is won: you can only impress in the time you're on, he's done well every time he's come on, his assist to McG was very good which killed the Colchester game off, we could've conceded again and drop 2 points and a very good win. He played well v Donny and should start v PNE, he should be well up for that game! Baker to start RM, Moussa LM, Barton AMC, 2-1 CCFC.

I did notice his contribution to the 1st goal. (Sheffs)

Did you see sheffs work rate for 90 minutes?

Baginton

Who's to say if Baker played yesterday he would of scored 1/2 goals?

Yeah, but thats the point, he wasnt playing for picking up stupid bookings, someone wlse has come in and done a good job.
so tough luck for Baker, get your arse on the bench and wait for your turn.

DON'T PICK UP STUPID BOOKINGS = DON'T LOSE YOUR PLACE !! :whistle:

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah, but thats the point, he wasnt playing for picking up stupid bookings, someone wlse has come in and done a good job.
so tough luck for Baker, get your arse on the bench and wait for your turn.

DON'T PICK UP STUPID BOOKINGS = DON'T LOSE YOUR PLACE !! :whistle:

Score lots of goals = starting place

kg82

McGoldrick's on 4 yellows. Would he not walk straight back in after his 5th (with the assumption he plays here till the end of the season)? His booking against Walsall was pretty stupid too.

skybluesteve76

The point is, the team was only changed due to suspension. Baker is now back, so will be back in the team.
Barton was a very good replacement yesterday but is not a 90 mins week in week out player(stated by Robins),baker is. As for sheffers, have no idea why his name is even being mentioned.
He's been a catalyst of everything that's been good about the past month or so.

Mucca Mad Boys

The point is, the team was only changed due to suspension. Baker is now back, so will be back in the team.
Barton was a very good replacement yesterday but is not a 90 mins week in week out player(stated by Robins),baker is. As for sheffers, have no idea why his name is even being mentioned.
He's been a catalyst of everything that's been good about the past month or so.

He hasn't been that good, been good, but not the catalyst you state, if anyone deserves that, it has to be Baker, remind me how many assists he has (1, maybe 2) over the last 2 games and 9 goals.

I don't think Robins said that about Barton, he said he's a player you build your team around, ad he'll get his chance in the coming games (about 6 games ago).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread