Bakayoko (1 Viewer)

higgs

Do we have to buy chaplin in January or can we still chose not to sign him. He's not really set the place alight is he worth 500k?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

I think that’s harsh overall, as I made the point on the match thread if MR had of left JJ and Bayliss on the bench and we still lost he’d be hammered still for not utilising them.

He trusted them to come on and make a contribution and hopefully impact the game. They failed miserably and made the side weaker as a result today.

Now you could throw a handful of current ccfc players names in the air and if they’d of performed like they did today they would be on the transfer list of many never to wear the shirt again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not necessarily today.

In general his decision making can seem a bit baffling sometimes.

It's not a big criticism of him, just something I feel he could improve with.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think that’s harsh overall, as I made the point on the match thread if MR had of left JJ and Bayliss on the bench and we still lost he’d be hammered still for not utilising them.

He trusted them to come on and make a contribution and hopefully impact the game. They failed miserably and made the side weaker as a result today.

Now you could throw a handful of current ccfc players names in the air and if they’d of performed like they did today they would be on the transfer list of many never to wear the shirt again.

Exactly. Ask anyone what they would’ve done, they probably would’ve done the same. We had it all last season...

Not necessarily today.

In general his decision making can seem a bit baffling sometimes.

It's not a big criticism of him, just something I feel he could improve with.

What would you have done differently then?

Otis

It's so easy to pick things apart from the stands, but we simply do not know who is carrying an injury, or who has been impressing in training and who has not.

People were baffled as to why Kelly was missing a couple of weeks back or so, only for us to find out later he had family issues.

We don't know how match fit Grimmer is, or Jones is, or who are carrying knocks.

We can all sit here and criticise substitutions for sure, but on team selection we are really quite in the dark as to why some players are in and why some are missing.

better days

A lot of selection decisions are based on how players are doing in training
If a full back is getting skinned in every practice game or a forward can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo any manager would have to take that into account when picking a team to start the next game

Nick

Administrator
Easy to be an expert from the stand and say 'pick him' and 'drop him'.

Haven't you said not to play bakayoko though?

It was obvious the way the game was going Chaplin wasn't the one to bring on.

Otis

Haven't you said not to play bakayoko though?

It was obvious the way the game was going Chaplin wasn't the one to bring on.
Yes I did, based on Monday at QPR.

You will never, ever see me moan when players aren't picked though, Nick, or when a player is picked that I am puzzled about.

Nick

Administrator
Yes I did, based on Monday at QPR.

You will never, ever see me moan when players aren't picked though, Nick, or when a player is picked that I am puzzled about.
Even when it's blindingly obvious something won't work or isn't working?

Otis

I haven't criticised Bakayoko at all yet so far, but was really, really disappointed with him on Monday. He looked lost, lethargic, disinterested.

I can fully see why he was just on the bench yesterday and stayed on the bench.

Otis

Even when it's blindingly obvious something won't work or isn't working?
Because clearly Robins thought he wouldn't have made any difference. Based on Monday I would have said he definitely wouldn't have.

Nick

Administrator
Because clearly Robins thought he wouldn't have made any difference. Based on Monday I would have said he definitely wouldn't have.
Yeah but you are obsessing about an u23 game where he was isolated. It was completely different. Using that theory he wouldn't have made any difference against Charlton because of Blackpool.

None of his three subs made any impact, they made us worse.

Otis

Yeah but you are obsessing about an u23 game where he was isolated. It was completely different. Using that theory he wouldn't have made any difference against Charlton because of Blackpool.
Not obsessed, Nick, just assuming the manager would have assessed things based on Monday and then in trianing all week.

If Bakayoko showed the same in training as he did at QPR then that would of course form his thinking.
Bottom line is, we don't know.

All we have as fans is last Monday's performance to go on.

Yep, isolated, but when he did get the ball he lost the ball. Can't remember one single thing he did right.

Not obsessed, just accepting the manager is in a better position to see if Bakayoko could have offered anything.

Nick

Administrator
Not obsessed, Nick, just assuming the manager would have assessed things based on Monday and then in trianing all week.

If Bakayoko showed the same in training as he did at QPR then that would of course form his thinking.
Bottom line is, we don't know.

All we have as fans is last Monday's performance to go on.

Yep, isolated, but when he did get the ball he lost the ball. Can't remember one single thing he did right.

Not obsessed, just accepting the manager is in a better position to see if Bakayoko could have offered anything.
The point is about what difference he could have made at about 70 minutes yesterday rather then starting.

If it's based on performance, Shipley, bayliss, Jones, Thompson and mason are all going to be dropped based on not being able to control a ball or pass it 10 yards without putting it out of play.

Otis

The point is about what difference he could have made at about 70 minutes yesterday rather then starting.

If it's based on performance, Shipley, bayliss, Jones, Thompson and mason are all going to be dropped based on not being able to control a ball or pass it 10 yards without putting it out of play.
Yep, agree, but it's not just performance, it's what they are showing in training too.

pastythegreat

Do we have to buy chaplin in January or can we still chose not to sign him. He's not really set the place alight is he worth 500k?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
No you're right. If given the choice I'd much rather try and get McNulty back on loan and put that 500k towards looking for a Doyle replacement.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Grendel

It's so easy to pick things apart from the stands, but we simply do not know who is carrying an injury, or who has been impressing in training and who has not.

People were baffled as to why Kelly was missing a couple of weeks back or so, only for us to find out later he had family issues.

We don't know how match fit Grimmer is, or Jones is, or who are carrying knocks.

We can all sit here and criticise substitutions for sure, but on team selection we are really quite in the dark as to why some players are in and why some are missing.

There’s little point in having players on the bench who can’t even play for 30 minutes - that’s idiocy

Regarding Bakayoko your implying the manager thinks he’d offer nothing then why waste a place on the bench with him?

Nick

Administrator
There’s little point in having players on the bench who can’t even play for 30 minutes - that’s idiocy

Regarding Bakayoko your implying the manager thinks he’d offer nothing then why waste a place on the bench with him?

Exactly. Just put a youngster on there who will go on and has something to prove and will run around.

If he has no intention of playing him, don't put him on the bench at all.

Otis

Not idiocy I don't think. Just a last resort and someone who has got first team, League One experience, rather than a kid who just isn't ready.

Surely Bakayoko (in that instance) would be there to come on if there was an injury.

Let's face it, if Robins had put a kid on the bench fans would have been moaning about that.

Hobo

I'm one of Bakayoko's biggest critics and know how poor he is at times. However, he would have had a point to prove today. It was set up for him.

So you would have thought he would have busted a gut on Monday to win the shirt?

Otis

So you would have thought he would have busted a gut on Monday to win the shirt?
Yep. That was the odd thing. He showed nothing. Didn't even seem to show desire.

I know he was a bit isolated, but he didn't even close down, harry or chase and when he did get the ball his touch was poor.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but clearly Robins didn't think it warranted him coming on yesterday, and besides I don't quite buy Grendel's argument, because had we say been 2 or 3 goals to the good, then might have been the time to bring him on under no pressure.

Much easier to come on as a sub when the game is already won.

pusbccfc

Exactly. Ask anyone what they would’ve done, they probably would’ve done the same. We had it all last season...

What would you have done differently then?

Would not have started Ogogo and Doyle together after the shambles in the middle last week.

No way would I have put Chaplin on with game going how it was.

Grendel

Yep. That was the odd thing. He showed nothing. Didn't even seem to show desire.

I know he was a bit isolated, but he didn't even close down, harry or chase and when he did get the ball his touch was poor.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but clearly Robins didn't think it warranted him coming on yesterday, and besides I don't quite buy Grendel's argument, because had we say been 2 or 3 goals to the good, then might have been the time to bring him on under no pressure.

Much easier to come on as a sub when the game is already won.

Why on earth would he bring him on under no pressure?

He clearly has no intention of playing him

The fullbacks were struggling and he had two on the bench and could have made a change

Otis

Possibly. The bloke is probably pissed off at being bombed out of the side despite winning us the game at Charlton.
Well then he'll never get back in will he.

The only way he'll get back in is if he plays well for the U23's, bags some goals and shows passion and desire in training.

Having said that though, I can see Robins maybe picking him for the Checkatrade and giving him another chance there.

Nick

Administrator
Possibly. The bloke is probably pissed off at being bombed out of the side despite winning us the game at Charlton.
More than likely.

Don't really agree with that attitude but it seems pretty obvious. One of the reasons if you do play him you don't stick him up front on his own with nobody around him and expect him to single handedly win the game.

In the u23 game he was often stood with 3 of their defenders round him. Same as Blackpool. Then people want him to play piggy in the middle with defenders all afternoon.

Mucca Mad Boys

Would not have started Ogogo and Doyle together after the shambles in the middle last week.

No way would I have put Chaplin on with game going how it was.

Doyle and Ogogo wasn’t the problem, in fact, the midfield performed worse when Bayliss came on. Which you wouldn’t expect because Bayliss is one of our best players. Against Stanley, they didn’t perform well, together which is why I was pleasantly surprised with their performance yesterday.

You’ve stated what you wouldn’t do, the question is what you would’ve done differently.

pusbccfc

Doyle and Ogogo wasn’t the problem, in fact, the midfield performed worse when Bayliss came on. Which you wouldn’t expect because Bayliss is one of our best players. Against Stanley, they didn’t perform well, together which is why I was pleasantly surprised with their performance yesterday.

You’ve stated what you wouldn’t do, the question is what you would’ve done differently.

Would have put Bakayoko on at 2-2.

Hobo

Yes he probably is! So he can either bust a gut and prove a point, or suck his thumb and piss in his own pants.

Users who are viewing this thread