Bakayoko (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Seems he is the latest in the long line of players stubborn Mr Robins has bombed out of the first team picture.

Wins us the game from 1-0 down at Charlton and all but doesn't feature since.

Today was the perfect opportunity to give the £300k man a run out. Even the fans were singing his name all day.

Nick

Administrator
Chasing the game is when he would work best. Chaplin instead of him was a bit of a random choice to then go long ball

pusbccfc

It's not the first time Robins has held a grudge against the player.

Not starting him today is understandable, but not throwing him on when we're chasing the game is baffling.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's not the first time Robins has held a grudge against the player.

Not starting him today is understandable, but not throwing him on when we're chasing the game is baffling.

Our main striker was on the bench, why would you throw on your 4th choice over your main, marquee signing!? That would be baffling.

With JCH putting in another good performance, there just isn't a way for Bakayoko in the team at this moment. Hopefully, he gets game in the Checkatrade and puts in a good performance. Everyone has to earn their shirt and right now, Bakayoko hasn't and it doesn't mean the door is completely shut on him. It was more surprising to me that he didn't come on in the Stanley game.

Nick

Administrator
Our main striker was on the bench, why would you throw on your 4th choice over your main, marquee signing!? That would be baffling.

With JCH putting in another good performance, there just isn't a way for Bakayoko in the team at this moment. Hopefully, he gets game in the Checkatrade and puts in a good performance. Everyone has to earn their shirt and right now, Bakayoko hasn't and it doesn't mean the door is completely shut on him. It was more surprising to me that he didn't come on in the Stanley game.

Because the way the game was it wasn't suited for Chaplin. Bakayoko has scored more than Chaplin hasn't he as well?

Our main striker did absolutely nothing, it wasn't the game for him to come on in.

SkyBlueScottie

Holding a grudge... Don't be daft. Robins holds his players to standards, if they don't hit them, they don't get picked. That's what you want from a manager, by doing so the players know that the standards cant drop, and also means that we aren't as soft as used to be a few years back.

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps we need an andy thorne manager again where the players are all over weight and known by their names like chapo, willo etc and they all have a piza and a few beers after the game

Mucca Mad Boys

Because the way the game was it wasn't suited for Chaplin. Bakayoko has scored more than Chaplin hasn't he as well?

Our main striker did absolutely nothing, it wasn't the game for him to come on in.

They’re both on 3, with a penalty apiece. Maybe Bakayoko would’ve been a better choice, who knows. The rationale of bringing on your best striker is stronger than bringing on your 4th choice, there’s no ifs or buts on that one. When you lose, you can’t do anything right because had he brought on Bakayoko people would moan about that too.

The whole team struggled when we went route one, Chaplin put in a dangerous ball at the death which ultimately led to nothing.

Nick

Administrator
They’re both on 3, with a penalty apiece. Maybe Bakayoko would’ve been a better choice, who knows. The rationale of bringing on your best striker is stronger than bringing on your 4th choice, there’s no ifs or buts on that one. When you lose, you can’t do anything right because had he brought on Bakayoko people would moan about that too.

The whole team struggled when we went route one, Chaplin put in a dangerous ball at the death which ultimately led to nothing.
He wasn't the best choice for the way the game was going. He would have been a better option to start and then be replaced.

It's like we brought bayliss on who made us worse.

You have to see how the game is rather than just say "throw Chaplin on as he is the marquee signing".

I forgot his free kick he scored!

pastythegreat

Who says Chaplin is our best striker?
He has the same goal tally as Bakayoko with many, many more minutes on the pitch and given more chances.
Regardless of who's the best or not, Bakayoko would of been sat on the bench camping to get on and prove a point to the Walsall fans (that bothered to turn up ). Instead we bring the shortest player in the squad on and hit long balls at him for 10mins. Pointless.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

steve82

Wasn’t aware of his performance or lack of on Monday, but today was the day to introduce him I felt the way the game was going.

He had the love or sarcastic love however each of us sang it out but he’d of had all the willing and hopes of a big following supporting him if he’d come on.

To me he seems the type of player who would thrive on feeling supported and loved and no better place than at your former club to silence the doubters/haters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

Wasn’t aware of his performance or lack of on Monday, but today was the day to introduce him I felt the way the game was going.

He had the love or sarcastic love however each of us sang it out but he’d of had all the willing and hopes of a big following supporting him if he’d come on.

To me he seems the type of player who would thrive on feeling supported and loved and no better place than at your former club to silence the doubters/haters

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been saying 'introduce him' if you and seen Monday's game, Steve.

It was definitely the right thing to do to leave him on the bench today. No doubt about it in my mind.

Bakayoko was just completely anonymous on Monday and offered zero. Nowt.

steve82

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have been saying 'introduce him' if you and seen Monday's game, Steve.

It was definitely the right thing to do to leave him on the bench today. No doubt about it in my mind.

I trust your wise words as I didn’t see it however that was around the same input JJ and Bayliss had today.
Disappointing from two talented forward thinking players.

pusbccfc

I'm one of Bakayoko's biggest critics and know how poor he is at times. However, he would have had a point to prove today. It was set up for him.

Nick

Administrator

I saw it and wanted him to come on today. Completely different circumstance from an under 23 game. Jones was also pretty anonymous and wax even worse today.

Magwitch

="Grendel, post: 1641028, member: 4246"]Andreu is clearly on his way in January[/QUOTE]
i think Andreu has been injured the last couple of weeks, in fact I don’t think he had been fully fit yet. But football is harsh and you can’t wait around I too think he’ll go in January if Robins is allowed to replace him.

Otis

I saw it and wanted him to come on today. Completely different circumstance from an under 23 game. Jones was also pretty anonymous and wax even worse today.
Yeah, but Jones is still recovering from a long term injury. Hardly the same thing.

We expected Jones still to be easing his way back in on Monday. We expected Bakayoko to be pressing for a first team start.

I am not particularly a critic of Bakayoko, but thought he was pretty inept on Monday and offered nothing, not even a single glimpse of anything. It was like he wasn't playing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Who says Chaplin is our best striker?
He has the same goal tally as Bakayoko with many, many more minutes on the pitch and given more chances.
Regardless of who's the best or not, Bakayoko would of been sat on the bench camping to get on and prove a point to the Walsall fans (that bothered to turn up ). Instead we bring the shortest player in the squad on and hit long balls at him for 10mins. Pointless.

Firstly, point out where I call Chaplin our best striker?

Robins clearly rates him as he spent the whole summer trying to sign him and spent 500k on him. He’s his first choice in MR’s eyes for sure. Whilst I didn’t make it obvious, ‘first choice’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘best’.

We weren’t using Chaplin as a target man, the plan was JCH to flick it on to Chaplin. That yielded one opportunity which wasn’t capitalised on. It happens.

pastythegreat

Firstly, point out where I call Chaplin our best striker?

Robins clearly rates him as he spent the whole summer trying to sign him and spent 500k on him. He’s his first choice in MR’s eyes for sure. Whilst I didn’t make it obvious, ‘first choice’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘best’.

We weren’t using Chaplin as a target man, the plan was JCH to flick it on to Chaplin. That yielded one opportunity which wasn’t capitalised on. It happens.
There
66cb187eab99136ae9ac50224e5893b3.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, but Jones is still recovering from a long term injury. Hardly the same thing.

We expected Jones still to be easing his way back in on Monday. We expected Bakayoko to be pressing for a first team start.

I am not particularly a critic of Bakayoko, but thought he was pretty inept on Monday and offered nothing, not even a single glimpse of anything. It was like he wasn't playing.
In which case it's even worse expecting Jones to make a difference if he isn't fit. Maybe not his fault but the game passed him by completely.

You can't play bakayoko up front on his own, have said that since the day he first played for us. He was in the u23 with ngandu playing in the same role as Andreu but much deeper.

pusbccfc

Apart from when he brought baka on then the next week Jones

Those are really the only two times.

Funnily enough the time it worked the best when Bakayoko came on hasn't been repeated in the two games where we've been trailing since.

Mucca Mad Boys

He wasn't the best choice for the way the game was going. He would have been a better option to start and then be replaced.

It's like we brought bayliss on who made us worse.

You have to see how the game is rather than just say "throw Chaplin on as he is the marquee signing".

I forgot his free kick he scored!

Bayliss nor Jones made the impact we would’ve expected. But, it was a positive move and statement of intent that we wanted to win the game. It didn’t pay off, which is bound to happen on occasion.

Robins is a smart man, he didn’t think ‘chuck the marquee signing on’, but he trusts and rates Chaplin highly. Also, if Bakayoko is playing badly for the U23s, he isn’t staking a claim to be involved in the first team. It really is as simple as that. He arguably deserved a start after his cameo after Charlton but he didn’t kick on from that. JCH and Chaplin are making the shirt theirs right now. Hiwula spent 8 weeks or so out of the team and when given the chance, he took it.

It’s far easier to sit there and criticise someone for what they don’t do. The subs Robins made were rational and positive.

Mucca Mad Boys

There
66cb187eab99136ae9ac50224e5893b3.jpg

Fair enough, you caught me out haha!

I got caught in two minds how my point was going to be made and made the sloppy error of not checking. For what it’s worth, I think JCH is our best striker at this moment.

Despite my amateurish error, the pertinent point is that Chaplin is a 1st choice and starter which Bakayoko isn’t. Had we brought Bakayoko on and lost, people would’ve bemoaned not bringing on Chaplin.

steve82

In general, Robins' substitutions across his time at the club have been poor.

I think that’s harsh overall, as I made the point on the match thread if MR had of left JJ and Bayliss on the bench and we still lost he’d be hammered still for not utilising them.

He trusted them to come on and make a contribution and hopefully impact the game. They failed miserably and made the side weaker as a result today.

Now you could throw a handful of current ccfc players names in the air and if they’d of performed like they did today they would be on the transfer list of many never to wear the shirt again.

Users who are viewing this thread