bakayoko (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

I like Baka.

We’ve got a habit of forming narratives every time someone’s out of the 18, but we’ve only got so many spaces. I’ve seen Max, Kasta, Baka before, Pask, loads of players written off with vague rumours of attitude problems and proclamations they’re terrible, only for them to appear and do a job for the team a few weeks later.

johnwillomagic

Baka is better than Biamou - Biamou got the lucky roll of the dice with the formation change this year and produced an acceptable hard working display that many are over-valuing. Neither are in reality good enough but if any were Baka would have the attributes to be that player.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I like Baka.

We’ve got a habit of forming narratives every time someone’s out of the 18, but we’ve only got so many spaces. I’ve seen Max, Kasta, Baka before, Pask, loads of players written off with vague rumours of attitude problems and proclamations they’re terrible, only for them to appear and do a job for the team a few weeks later.

Hey, come on. That’s disrespectful to the worst player who’s never played for us in Hilßner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

Baka is better than Biamou - Biamou got the lucky roll of the dice with the formation change this year and produced an acceptable hard working display that many are over-valuing. Neither are in reality good enough but if any were Baka would have the attributes to be that player.
Baka has better attributes but uses 20 per cent
Biamou is limited but you get 100 per cent
100 per cent of biamou far outweighs 20 per cent of baka
We have only seen glimpses of what Baka is capable of

fatso

Baka has better attributes but uses 20 per cent
Biamou is limited but you get 100 per cent
100 per cent of biamou far outweighs 20 per cent of baka
We have only seen glimpses of what Baka is capable of
Oh ffs.
You do realise your actualy debating who is more shit, while completely missing the point that . ..... THEY ARE BOTH SHIT!

larry_david

If MR banishes him after one performance away at flying Brentford then that's pretty harsh. If it's more banished from an overall training, lack of development /he's shite opinion why the hell did we keep him on for a year when we could have let his contract go?

fatso

If MR banishes him after one performance away at flying Brentford then that's pretty harsh. If it's more banished from an overall training, lack of development /he's shite opinion why the hell did we keep him on for a year when we could have let his contract go?
Because we didnt have the money to buy a proven championship goal scorer.

fatso

We splashed a fair amount on Walker didn't we?
1, how much did he cost?
2, is he really a proven championship goalscorer? 5 goals in 6 championship seasons is no better than what we have.
(Although its early days for him and he needs a run of games)

skybluesam66

Oh ffs.
You do realise your actualy debating who is more shit, while completely missing the point that . ..... THEY ARE BOTH SHIT!
you are missing the point
if we are going to play one, and keep one as a back up, it is Biamou every day of the week

He should not be in our starting 11, but at the same time either as a starter or an impact sub, he is a better back up than Baka - that is the debate, not whether he should be playing for France

Nick

Administrator
1, how much did he cost?
2, is he really a proven championship goalscorer? 5 goals in 6 championship seasons is no better than what we have.
(Although its early days for him and he needs a run of games)

I didn't say he was a proven anything, just that we managed to find a chunk of money to buy him.

fatso

I didn't say he was a proven anything, just that we managed to find a chunk of money to buy him.
Did we find a chunk of money?
I've no idea how much he cost, we could of got him for peanuts, another "undisclosed fee" if I remember correctly.

shmmeee

Did we find a chunk of money?
I've no idea how much he cost, we could of got him for peanuts, another "undisclosed fee" if I remember correctly.

Somewhere between £600k and £900k were the rumours.

DannyThomas_1981

Oh ffs.

Comments like this honestly make me ashamed to be a City fan.

The irony is that I bet you've never played above Dog and Duck standard, and you simply have no idea of how good you have to be to make it as a professional footballer.

But you feel it's ok to sit behind a keyboard and abuse our own players and call professional footballers SHIT - great support and really constructive.

Grendel

Comments like this honestly make me ashamed to be a City fan.

The irony is that I bet you've never played above Dog and Duck standard, and you simply have no idea of how good you have to be to make it as a professional footballer.

But you feel it's ok to sit behind a keyboard and abuse our own players and call professional footballers SHIT - great support and really constructive.

Oh look whose come along with his sanctimonious twaddle. “Ashamed to be a fan” grow up or join the National Trust Forum - this isn’t really for you is it?

SlowerThanPlatt

Seriously dont get the love in for Baka. He is a league two forward at best. Not a prolific scorer, takes a dozen chances to put one away and puts the effort in when he can be bothered. Walsall fans warned us what he was like.
i would rather have Max anyday at least he pops up with a few goals including the spectacular and crates chances for others

They are both similar, both would be fortunate to get a bottom half L1 side when they leave.

In hindsight Clarke Harris would be good for this system

skybluesam66

we are missing the point
we have got one of the lowest budgets in the league
A good team is better than the some of its constituent parts - and that is why we won the league last season and why i believe we will survive comfotably this season

JCH was not a team player, Baka does not give his all for the team
players like Biamou/Shipley etc whilst they are probably not at championship level, the team benefits from them

Leicester won the title with players such as Morgan, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Huth as regulars . They were a long way off being of the standard of player you would expect to see in a title winning team, but the blend worked

Esoterica

I don't get the thing about Baka not giving his all, while he's by no means the greatest player he does put a shift in.

Not having enough aggression has been a big issue, when he first came here he was like a kitten.
I think he's a very natural athlete and works hard but not a very natural footballer. If he was 170cm I bet he'd have never made it through youth ranks but size still gets you a long way in youth football even if it isn't the be all and end all it was 25 years ago. He'll close a keeper down because he's been told to close a keeper down, it's a binary thing to do. But to read the game, identify and exploit weaknesses, impose his own strength on a game - he seems to lack that footbal intelligence.

CJ_covblaze

What does it for me is we played some terrible teams last season and there wasn't one occasion where I thought "they could've done with Bakayoko today". He seems like a lovely fella but if he's not a starting forward in the top half of League 1 and would probably struggle to get a starting spot in the bottom half of that division, what on earth is he doing here? I hope we can find a home for him in January and he does well elsewhere.

fernandopartridge

Baka's first touch is hit and miss, his link up play is appalling, he is underwhelming in the air, isn't a big goal threat and he doesn't use the pace he reportedly has to any effect. He's completely unreliable and I find it amazing he's still a member of the squad. I figure I must be missing something about him.

He's much better than Biamou with his back to goal, lay offs and touches to bring people into play

DannyThomas_1981

Oh look whose come along with his sanctimonious twaddle. “Ashamed to be a fan” grow up or join the National Trust Forum - this isn’t really for you is it?

Narcissistic and totally deluded keyboard warrior tries to act like a tough guy after no doubt consistently failing in real life - it's absolutely laughable and pathetic.

Now getting back to the football - who are you recommending to replace Robins with after re-initiating your taxi campaign and have you finally responded to ISB's points?

Grendel

Narcissistic and totally deluded keyboard warrior tries to act like a tough guy after no doubt consistently failing in real life - it's absolutely laughable and pathetic.

Now getting back to the football - who are you recommending to replace Robins with after re-initiating your taxi campaign and have you finally responded to ISB's points?

This thread is about bakayoko you crank and most think he’s not good enough - do you?

Londonccfcfan

Oh ffs.

Let’s one fact right. We don’t have any SHIT players in our squad. Yes we have taken a gamble on a few.

You could argue and the argument is are they at this level yet.?..or have the potential to be regular championship players ? That’s the argument.

Yes in comparison to other players their peers at this level they aren’t even close.

To say they are just SHIT is plain ridiculous.

SHITNESS is relative matey.

fatso

Let’s one fact right. We don’t have any SHIT players in our squad. Yes we have taken a gamble on a few.

You could argue and the argument is are they at this level yet.?..or have the potential to be regular championship players ? That’s the argument.

Yes in comparison to other players their peers at this level they aren’t even close.

To say they are just SHIT is plain ridiculous.

SHITNESS is relative matey.
I'm sorry, but Biamou cost us big time last night.
He got away with missing a sitter against Reading, but what the fuck was he thinking in the last minute against Forest. If shit isn't the right word, then I'm fucked if I know what is!

You need to take your sky blue tinted glasses off, and take an unbiased look at some individual performances, the fact is there are at least 5 players (or about 10% of the squad) that are never going to make it at this level,
And some were passengers in league 1.

In reality our budget means we can't replace them, in 1 transfer window, and some will just hang around until their contracts runs out.

Biamou has had at least 2 or 3 opportunities to move on and get regular football, but has chosen to see out his contract here (as is his right) but in so doing, the club has lost the chance to bring another player in.
I just hope that doesnt cost us our place in this division.

Users who are viewing this thread