Baggies (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

What will happen is the police will be all over this for a week or so with their cctv and early one morning they will be rounding up the culprits and they will probably go to court and will be jailed I’d think. If I was one of those involved I wouldn’t be booking any holidays this summer.

Tomh111

Football exaggerates the mood in society, as a nation, we are more divided than we have been in decades.

Money is tighter, mood is worse, and people are generally more stressed/unhappy.

For a chunk of people attending, the football, beer, and a bag of the Brandon Blow is escapism/only joy.

If you go into that already full of anger, the gear and booze amplify it, so I don't think it's any shock that we are seeing more violence and trouble than before.

Also, I couldn't make it fit in this, but nose-beers is my favourite reference for gear.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

Even funnier. Why would you wear anything slightly related to the club? 🤣
OK, I've got ten minutes - Maybe a little far fetched but it could happen.
Bloke (or lass) goes out last night to a fancy dress party (along with three friends) playing the role of the protagonist in the tale of 'The three little piggies and the big bad wolf'.
It's a great night with great music (apart from the half hour of Belgium hardcore which was inexplicably played)
Hang on, the 5th Rd draws on....
Crikey, I think Glenn Johnson could have done with a pedicure what with those close ups.
Anyway, our villain crashes out at the venue in the wee small hours (the venue being a good eight miles from his/her home but fortunately only half a mile from the Hawthorns) Is everybody keeping up with this?
They wake up at 11am.
Due to meet a friend half an hour before kick off who has got their match ticket for the Halfords lane stand they are faced with a potentially tricky dilemma.
It gets worse - His/her three friends (who also overslept at the party's venue) and also lived some distance away are designated main speakers at a nearby peace rally for the ongoing Israel/Palestinian conflict which is due to start around the same time as the football match.
I mean, I'll be the first to say this would be a very unlikely scenario, but you just don't know.

Tommo1993

@Nick can't use the report button but are we still using terms like this?

Bad word on reflection, but while people are calling each other nonces left, right and centre, I’d be surprised.

‘Intellectually challenged goggles’ is probably better.

ccfc1234

I dont condone violence and it should be avoided. However, if there is a group of away fans at a heated local Derby game celebrating in the home end its very much taking liberties and I don't blame the home fans for wanting them removed by the police or stewards but not attacked. If the away fans in the home end are giving it large and refusing to go, violence is almost inevitable. I have been an incognito away fan in home ends a few times and would never dream of celebrating our goals, it's just basic respect. Had the wolves fans shown some respect today no one would have been any the wiser and it never would have escalated like it did.

Saddlebrains

I dont condone violence and it should be avoided. However, if there is a group of away fans at a heated local Derby game celebrating in the home end its very much taking liberties and I don't blame the home fans for wanting them removed by the police or stewards but not attacked. If the away fans in the home end are giving it large and refusing to go, violence is almost inevitable. I have been an incognito away fan in home ends a few times and would never dream of celebrating our goals, it's just basic respect. Had the wolves fans shown some respect today no one would have been any the wiser and it never would have escalated like it did.

That twat in the box at the Leicester game was lucky he was giving it stacks to the family zone. He still nearly got filled in anyway, imagine hed done it in one of the boxes at the other end towards block 4 and 5, it would have gone off

Tommo1993

It’s not even just about respect though. Surely you’d want to see the game enough to just lie on the low for 90 mins. Last time I did it was that Cheltenham game, some other berk in the same terrace as me cheered our first goal. Well done, out you go. We scored another 5.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bad word on reflection, but while people are calling each other nonces left, right and centre, I’d be surprised.

‘Intellectually challenged goggles’ is probably better.
It's Wellesbourne I found offensive 😄

Mr Panda

Twitter is saying the bleeding bald guy is Lee Hughes - is that verified?

He was in attendance today

clint van damme

It’s not even just about respect though. Surely you’d want to see the game enough to just lie on the low for 90 mins. Last time I did it was that Cheltenham game, some other berk in the same terrace as me cheered our first goal. Well done, out you go. We scored another 5.

I was in their end and cheered every goal, fuck 'um, worm charmers!,

Astute

It's something I used to do quite frequently. Normally either because I couldn't get an away ticket or going to a game with either family or friends who support the home side. I try to refrain from celebrating in the home end too much but occasionally get carried away in the moment.

Two games stand out to me. Away to Leicester. Was with 2 of my brothers who are Leicester supporters. We went 2-0 down early in the game. Everyone around me could see I was a Coventry supporter. The banter was excellent 😁 We pulled a goal back. The banter got even better. Then we got a late equaliser. Gary Deegan scored IIRC. I went mental with my celebrations. Some bright spark decided to have a go at me. He was soon put in his place by everyone around him.

The next was against Grimsby. One of my lads is a Grimsby supporter. We went in the home end because I knew how cold that ground gets. Think it was the boxing day fixture. Their ground is in Cleethorpes and has the Humber estuary directly behind it. The coldest ground i know of. The away end is open to the wind. The pressure was on me as they had already won at our place and I lived 15 minutes from Grimsby. We scored. The moment got to me. I ended up landing on one of my lads feet during my celebrations. I sat down then got a tap on my shoulder. Here we go I thought. Turned around to see it was a row of supporters of an elderly age. The lady who tapped my shoulder told me she was a City supporter but was too worried to celebrate 😄 I had family and friends in the away end that knew I was at the game. They soon found me after we scored 😁

Marty

I was in that same home terrace for that game, the odd thing was, he was celebrating and giving it loads, but the area was filled with Cov fans, I recognised loads of regulars.

Tommo1993

I was in that same home terrace for that game, the odd thing was, he was celebrating and giving it loads, but the area was filled with Cov fans, I recognised loads of regulars.

Were you in the opposite end? We were just behind the dugouts.

joemercersaces

Before the Leicester game there was a lot of talk about them buying seats in the Cov end, something they’ve tried before. In fact about 40 tickets were cancelled. Given that end of row seats in Singers Corner were released for that match it wouldn’t have surprised me when they scored if quite a few had jumped up. Not in any way condoning it but realism says it would have gone very badly for any Leicester fans who did that.

Marty

Were you in the opposite end? We were just behind the dugouts.

We were just behind the dugouts as well, we moved second half to the space beside the away end and just celebrated every goal like normal.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Oh the good old days when a coach load of Cov fans could just walk through the turnstiles and into the home end, like we did away to Chelsea and Wolves. Happy days.

Hobo

A game like WBA v Wolves and a while since they played each other, people would get tickets where they can. The Clubs are so close, so many fans are going to share the same post code so difficult for WBA to control ticket sales.

Also despite the rivalries it is possible that WBA and Wolves fans chose to go to the game together. You could have people in the same family who follow a different side.

From the TV footage I watched live you could not tell if it was Wolves fans "giving it large in the WBA end."?

I have sat in home ends watching Cov. Even trying to be discreet they work you out. Luckily I have always got away with a few frosty looks and some muttered abuse which I chose to ignore.

We know it shouldn't kick things off, but we also know it can. Sad to see things like that, like going back to the 70's and 80's.

slowpoke

A game like WBA v Wolves and a while since they played each other, people would get tickets where they can. The Clubs are so close, so many fans are going to share the same post code so difficult for WBA to control ticket sales.

Also despite the rivalries it is possible that WBA and Wolves fans chose to go to the game together. You could have people in the same family who follow a different side.

From the TV footage I watched live you could not tell if it was Wolves fans "giving it large in the WBA end."?

I have sat in home ends watching Cov. Even trying to be discreet they work you out. Luckily I have always got away with a few frosty looks and some muttered abuse which I chose to ignore.

We know it shouldn't kick things off, but we also know it can. Sad to see things like that, like going back to the 70's and 80's.
It was wound up though by the press often the architects of dodgy behaviour. Was t as if Wolves & West Brom hadn’t met for years there been league games in recent years.

skybluericoh

I’ve been in the old north bank at Highbury a few time with an ex-girlfriends brother. Even one game when it kicked of in the clock end, both times we were well beaten, might have been different if we had been winning

Users who are viewing this thread