bad results in league one today (1 Viewer)

Astute

Deluded?

What were you predicting before the season started?

Outright was it?

Top 6.......top 6 when in bottom 4 as well.......and if things go our way hoping for 2nd. Expecting us to top the form charts or be close to the top through winter as I have said many times before. Clarke to be top scorer.....1k to charity if he is. Got him @ 20 to do it.

Astute

Top work Astute! Just need Robins and co to do their bit ;) Very frustrating that we'd be threatening the automatic spots had we not chucked so many points away.

Long way to go yet......6th and win every bet I have taken on here. 5 points away. BTW what charity are we collecting for?

stupot07

If we win all our games between a now and the end of the season I predict we'll win the league and JPT

Otis

Carry on playing as we currently are and we won't have any problems reaching the play offs. The amount of chances we create is ridiculous and one of the reasons I don't think the loss of McGoldrick is going to be a huge turning point.

'Carry on playing like this!'

That's it in a nutshell and is one hell of a big, big ask. Even more so when you take into account our home form, which is quite dreadful.

stupot07

That's it in a nutshell and is one hell of a big, big ask. Even more so when you take into account our home form, which is quite dreadful.

Not to mention the fact we are defensively poor, often gifting the oppositions 3-4 good chances a game.

Marty

Otis: yes our home results are poor, but it hides the fact we dominate games, create lots of very good chances, we are just unable to hit the back of the net. Clarke IMO isn't the right man for us but his record is impressive in a poor side and by all means a better finisher then McGoldrick.

Sutpot: Our defensive is poor and needs work on, especially at home where we can barely score, but away from home teams will have to be scoring 3 or 4 goals just to be drawing with us.

I went from a relegation dead cert before the season started but I can see us mounting a serious push for the play offs. We look very impressive and have improved ten-fold. Keep the confidence up, get the odd lucky break and no long term injuries then I can't see a reason why not on current form.

Last edited:

Astute

We have climbed up the table and still room for improvement at home.

You say it is a big ask Otis. So it isn't for the other few teams that are also picking up points?

Yes we are CCFC. We are not used to winning. We are overdue a good season though.

Astute

Charity is Mind; a national and local organisation which campaigns for the rights of those with mental health problems as well as providing services and raising awareness.

Nice 1 mate. One of 3 charities I regularly.give to.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Swindon are starting to look very good for back to back promotion at the moment

There last 4 played won 4 16 goals scored 0 conceded

SkyBlue_Bear83

You can't possibly be an attacking team and keep clean sheets....
Apparently you can, Swindon are now top scorers and also least goals conceded in the division

Hence they now have a goal difference which is pretty much double that of anyone else in the division

stupot07

Apparently you can, Swindon are now top scorers and also least goals conceded in the division

Hence they now have a goal difference which is pretty much double that of anyone else in the division

Well that's not what Astute told me earlier, when I suggested we allow teams too many good chances.

Little secret for you. When you attack like we do you leave yourself open. You get more chances than the other team. On averages you will win more than you lose. Or would you prefer to defend when you have the better players?

Swindon are the league top scorers and have also had 13 clean sheets in the league.

wingy

OFF topic but did anyone else hear that Port Vale are the leading scorers throughout the leagues after their win today ,who'd have thought an MA team could be so prolific.What a smart Coventry bloke that was who bought them and their ground for £1.25 M. with the potential to be in the same league as us next year.

stupot07

OFF topic but did anyone else hear that Port Vale are the leading scorers throughout the leagues after their win today ,who'd have thought an MA team could be so prolific.What a smart Coventry bloke that was who bought them and their ground for £1.25 M. with the potential to be in the same league as us next year.

Yeah and a striker that has scored 25 in 31 games. Very impressive.

Astute

Well that's not what Astute told me earlier, when I suggested we allow teams too many good chances.

Swindon are the league top scorers and have also had 13 clean sheets in the league.

I wish I was as clever as you ;)

So if we hadn't had such a crap start to the season would our GD be better? How many more goals have they scored to ours? How better is their GD to ours since MR sorted things out?

stupot07

I wish I was as clever as you ;)

So if we hadn't had such a crap start to the season would our GD be better? How many more goals have they scored to ours? How better is their GD to ours since MR sorted things out?

We still have only 4 clean sheets and we allow the opposition too many chances every game. You implies you can't be attacking and keeps clean sheets. You clearly can.

This is 1 big area of the team that needs improving, we created a lot on Tuesday but also allowed Shrewsbury too many chances.

Astute

Try the more you attack the more chances you give to your opposition when they go forward.

We have been playing teams near the top lately mainly. Who have Swindon been playing? The better the opposition the more they should put away.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Try the more you attack the more chances you give to your opposition when they go forward.

We have been playing teams near the top lately mainly. Who have Swindon been playing? The better the opposition the more they should put away.
Well Swindon haven't been playing shit opposition every week have they and we haven't played teams at the top every week either, over there 25 games they have played nearly the same teams as us I would guess apart from the last 2 games maybe. Over the whole season they still have conceded less goals than anyone else in the division whilst being top scorers

SkyBlue_Bear83

How better is their GD to ours since MR sorted things out?
After the Shrewsbury games our GD was -7 and Swindons was +1

Ours is now +10 and Swindons is +28

So since Robins has came in our GD have improved by + 17, in the same time Swindons has improved by + 27

Astute

Last 7 league games...

Sheff Utd Home 3rd D 1-1
Wallsall home 14th W 5-1
Doncaster Away 2nd W 4-1
Preston Home 15th D 1-1
Stevenage Away 9th W 3-1
MK Dons away 6th W 3-2
Shrewsbury Home 17th L 0-1

4 wins, 2 draws 1 defeat. 14 points.

Swindon

Brentford Home 4th Lost 1-0
Notts County Away 13th lost 1-0
Doncaster Home Draw 2nd 1-1
Oldham Away 19th Won 2-0
Tranmere Home 1st won 5-0
Pompey Home Won 22nd 5-0
Carlisle Home 18th Won 4-0

4 wins, 1 draw 2 defeats 13 points.

We played 4 teams above 10th place in last 7 games. Swindon played 3 above 10th. Our lowest opponents in last 7 games are in 17th. Swindon played 3 teams in last 4 games below 17th place. Yet we got 1 more point than them.

So you only want to mention the last 4 games where 3 of their opponents are in a relegation battle. Shall we take it back a bit further then?

Start of November. CCFC 9 wins 3 draws 3 defeats. Swindon 6 wins 2 draws 3 defeats. We went out the FA Cup to Spurs away 3-0. They went out the FA Cup at home 2-0 to Macclesfield :D

We are still in the Tinpot Cup. They went out to Oxford.

Oh yes Swindon are miles better than us :laugh:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Last 7 league games...

Sheff Utd Home 3rd D 1-1
Wallsall home 14th W 5-1
Doncaster Away 2nd W 4-1
Preston Home 15th D 1-1
Stevenage Away 9th W 3-1
MK Dons away 6th W 3-2
Shrewsbury Home 17th L 0-1

4 wins, 2 draws 1 defeat. 14 points.

Swindon

Brentford Home 4th Lost 1-0
Notts County Away 13th lost 1-0
Doncaster Home Draw 2nd 1-1
Oldham Away 19th Won 2-0
Tranmere Home 1st won 5-0
Pompey Home Won 22nd 5-0
Carlisle Home 18th Won 4-0

4 wins, 1 draw 2 defeats 13 points.

We played 4 teams above 10th place in last 7 games. Swindon played 3 above 10th. Our lowest opponents in last 7 games are in 17th. Swindon played 3 teams in last 4 games below 17th place. Yet we got 1 more point than them.

So you only want to mention the last 4 games where 3 of their opponents are in a relegation battle. Shall we take it back a bit further then?

Start of November. CCFC 9 wins 3 draws 3 defeats. Swindon 6 wins 2 draws 3 defeats. We went out the FA Cup to Spurs away 3-0. They went out the FA Cup at home 2-0 to Macclesfield :D

We are still in the Tinpot Cup. They went out to Oxford.

Oh yes Swindon are miles better than us :laugh:
Sheffield Utd wasn't a league game, we drew against the mighty Pompy who were beaten 5-0 by Swindon. So we have played the same number of teams above 10th 3

You also have forgotten to mention in those 7 games Swindon have played 1st, 2nd and 4th in the league. The best teams we played were 2nd and 6th an 9th. So actually over the last 7 games Swindon have played 3 of the top 5 where as we have played 1

Also the lowest opponents we have played are Portsmouth (22nd) same as Swindon not 17th place.

Get the facts right first

Astute

Sheffield Utd wasn't a league game, we drew against the mighty Pompy who were beaten 5-0 by Swindon. So we have played the same number of teams above 10th 3

You also have forgotten to mention in those 7 games Swindon have played 1st, 2nd and 4th in the league. The best teams we played were 2nd and 6th an 9th. So actually over the last 7 games Swindon have played 3 of the top 5 where as we have played 1

Also the lowest opponents we have played are Portsmouth (22nd) same as Swindon not 17th place.

Get the facts right first

We beat Doncaster away 4-1. They drew with Doncaster 1-1 at home. So your point is?

~So sorry I mistook Sheff Utd Cup win after 1-1 for a league game. So add the Pompey game. That still gives us the same point return so better than Swindon. Shall we add the 5 league games before this then? 4 wins and a defeat for us. 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat for them. They also had 2 cup defeats in with them. We had 3 cup wins at the same time.

They may have a better return in last 4 games, but that was against 19th 1st 22nd and 18th against our 15th 9th 6th and 17th.

Since the end of October we have had better form than them. The facts are there. The only reason they are just above us is the shit start we had. Twist it whatever way you want. They had a good start on us this season.......just as most clubs did. How have we nearly caught them up....and got further in the cups..... if they are so much better than us?

lordsummerisle

We beat Doncaster away 4-1. They drew with Doncaster 1-1 at home. So your point is?

~So sorry I mistook Sheff Utd Cup win after 1-1 for a league game. So add the Pompey game. That still gives us the same point return so better than Swindon. Shall we add the 5 league games before this then? 4 wins and a defeat for us. 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat for them. They also had 2 cup defeats in with them. We had 3 cup wins at the same time.

They may have a better return in last 4 games, but that was against 19th 1st 22nd and 18th against our 15th 9th 6th and 17th.

Since the end of October we have had better form than them. The facts are there. The only reason they are just above us is the shit start we had. Twist it whatever way you want. They had a good start on us this season.......just as most clubs did. How have we nearly caught them up....and got further in the cups..... if they are so much better than us?

Just above us??

8 points, a game in hand and 7 places above us.

Astute

Just above us??

8 points, a game in hand and 7 places above us.

So you agree with the rest.......

After 8 games they had won 4 drawn 2 lost 2. After 8 games we had drawn 3 lost 5. 14 points for them 3 for us. They lost to Macclesfield at home in Rd 1 at home 2-0. We went out to Arsenal. They went out in the first round of the paintpot 4-1. We are still in it.

How are they currently doing much better than us?

SkyBlue_Bear83

We are the exact same number of points away from Swindon as when Robins joined 8. Only difference is back then we had played the same number of games, now Swindon have a game in hand

Anyway I don't need to get into an argument about who is better out of us and Swindon

The original point was you can be attacking an not concede goals as Swindon have proved with the best attacking and defensive record in the division, no denying it

lordsummerisle

So you agree with the rest.......

After 8 games they had won 4 drawn 2 lost 2. After 8 games we had drawn 3 lost 5. 14 points for them 3 for us. They lost to Macclesfield at home in Rd 1 at home 2-0. We went out to Arsenal. They went out in the first round of the paintpot 4-1. We are still in it.

How are they currently doing much better than us?

After 8 games we were 11 points behind them, currently we are 8 points, a game in hand(potentially 11 points), and goal difference of 18 behind them.

Don't give a toss about Swindon myself, but some people seem to forget that there are other teams in the League when considering our chances for play-offs etc.

Users who are viewing this thread