bad results in league one today (1 Viewer)

FinnishSkyBlue

Forget about the fa cup game, the league is our bread and butter and we need help from elsewhere as well but the results in L1 went all against us today.. doncaster, swindon and stevenage all won.. :(

dongonzalos

R we still five points off the play offs.
Yet the game in hand that most teams had over us has gone?
Or am I looking and a unupdated table?

stupot07

ytyqe9ep.jpg
We are still 5 points behind but they still have 1 game in hand.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

R we still five points off the play offs.
Yet the game in hand that most teams had over us has gone?
Or am I looking and a unupdated table?

Still 5 points off the play-offs, but still lots of teams around us with extra game or two to play than us.

12th looking about right as position for us.

Astute

Don't worry them 5 points will soon be gone.

dongonzalos

I am sure the majority of teams has a game in hand on us, now it only seems to be quite a few less.

I don't think today has harmed us at all really

Covstu

concentrate on our own game and those 5 points will disappear, we have shown we are better than Donny, MK Dons etc already...

Astute

Still 5 points off the play-offs, but still lots of teams around us with extra game or two to play than us.

Just like bottom half was looking about right....closer to the bottom 4 as well.

You always seem to be so sure we will not reach top 6 but will be mid table. I say 6th. How about putting money where mouth is ;)

BSB is collecting for charity. We have a wager and if I win you pass winnings to him. You say 12th. I say 6th. Call 9th a draw. Above 9th I win and below 9th you win

lordsummerisle

Just like bottom half was looking about right....closer to the bottom 4 as well.

You always seem to be so sure we will not reach top 6 but will be mid table. I say 6th. How about putting money where mouth is ;)

BSB is collecting for charity. We have a wager and if I win you pass winnings to him. You say 12th. I say 6th. Call 9th a draw. Above 9th I win and below 9th you win

A tenner then, your post to correctness ratio is very low, so feel confident!

dongonzalos

Gauntlet laid I would say........

Otis

Don't say that! I said 14th and got slaughtered.

You deserve at least a mini slaughter for 12th.

ccfcway

forget an "old boys" and "finance" thread, we need a betting thread, where we can bet against each other... call it "put your money where your mouth is" thread

Astute

A tenner then, your post to correctness ratio is very low, so feel confident!

Including when I was calling us for the top 6 even when we were in the bottom 4? Or saying how wrong my lad was about Jennings?

BSB says thanks for the tenner :claping hands: Don't worry, I will be doubling it for him.

lordsummerisle

Including when I was calling us for the top 6 even when we were in the bottom 4? Or saying how wrong my lad was about Jennings?

BSB says thanks for the tenner :claping hands: Don't worry, I will be doubling it for him.

I'm sorry, did I miss when we were in the top 6?

Astute

forget an "old boys" and "finance" thread, we need a betting thread, where we can bet against each other... call it "put your money where your mouth is" thread

Big difference is if I win it all goes to charity and I add some to it. If I lose I pay out of my pocket.

Do you have a problem with this?

Astute

I'm sorry, did I miss when we were in the top 6?

You didn't miss when we were in the bottom 4........12 games later we are within touching distance of top 6 which you said was not going to happen and I was deluded to think so.

I am glad you are always right ;)

ccfcway

Big difference is if I win it all goes to charity and I add some to it. If I lose I pay out of my pocket.

Do you have a problem with this?

why on earth would i pal ?

its a great idea, i'd love to be part of it !

Marty

Carry on playing as we currently are and we won't have any problems reaching the play offs. The amount of chances we create is ridiculous and one of the reasons I don't think the loss of McGoldrick is going to be a huge turning point.

lordsummerisle

You didn't miss when we were in the bottom 4........12 games later we are within touching distance of top 6 which you said was not going to happen and I was deluded to think so.

I am glad you are always right ;)

I thought we'd finish about 12th, updated it to around 8th recently, you think we'll finish in the top 6, currently we're 12th.

Do you sell chickens on the side? But never seem to have as many as you thought you would have due to premature counting?

Astute

why on earth would i pal ?

its a great idea, i'd love to be part of it !

How much do you want to put on it then.... same odds......9th no bet above charity wins below 9th you win.

ccfcway

I'm honestly not sure where we will finish.

Love the concept though and think we should have a board where we can do this will any sort of bets...

Astute

I thought we'd finish about 12th, updated it to around 8th recently, you think we'll finish in the top 6, currently we're 12th.

Do you sell chickens on the side? But never seem to have as many as you thought you would have due to premature counting?

If you count 12th to 6th premature what do you call when we were in the bottom 4 as when I was predicting? Before the chicken AND the egg? :facepalm: :claping hands:

Astute

I'm honestly not sure where we will finish.

Love the concept though and think we should have a board where we can do this will any sort of bets...

Good idea. Would save BSB keeping up with his donations :D

lordsummerisle

If you count 12th to 6th premature what do you call when we were in the bottom 4 as when I was predicting? Before the chicken AND the egg? :facepalm: :claping hands:

Deluded?

What were you predicting before the season started?

Outright was it?

Astute

And Lord.......so you are also better at predicting as me as well are you? I also put wagers on here I have taken. Well up on them as well. You must be doing well as you say you are much better than me ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Top work Astute! Just need Robins and co to do their bit ;) Very frustrating that we'd be threatening the automatic spots had we not chucked so many points away.

Users who are viewing this thread