bad results in league one today (1 Viewer)

Astute

Not me that started this by saying Swindon are doing much better than us :D

Astute

But Swindon are doing much better than us :whistle:

Over 4 games yes.....take it longer than 4 games then you have to go back to the start of the season where we all know what happened.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Over 4 games yes.....take it longer than 4 games then you have to go back to the start of the season where we all know what happened.
Over the last 25/26 games they are doing much better than is

Since Robins has taken over they have only done slightly better than us

Astute

I d swap places with them

So would I to have more points at this stage. But we could be going to Wemberleeeeeee :)

Not bothered what anyone says. Very happy with where we are after the start we had. Climbing up the table in the league. Out the league cup away to Arsenal. Out the FA Cup away to Spurs. Nearly reached Tinpot Final.

Anyone think we should be doing better after the first 8 games?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Are you sure? Can you explain how they have done better?
I can

Robins took charge after the Shrewsbury game

We had 7 played 3 point
Swindon 7 played 11 points

Thats an 8 point difference

In 19 games under Robins we have gained 34 points improving our goal difference by 17 goals

In the same period of time Swindon have gained 34 points in 18 games giving them a slightly better points per game over the same period. They have improved there goal difference by 27 goals in that time

Astute

Fuck me MR should have got us winning from the first game in charge.

Remind me at this time you are going on about which side has gone out of the cups to Macclesfield, Oxford and Villa against the team that has gone out to Arsenal, Spurs and is within touching distance of Wembley?

BTW after 8 games there was an 11 point difference. There is now an 8 point difference with a game in hand. Massive difference eh?

After the first 8 games they nearly had 2 points a game. We had less than half a point. You still are not happy. What about the other 22 clubs? Or don't they fit in with your agenda?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Fuck me MR should have got us winning from the first game in charge.

Remind me at this time you are going on about which side has gone out of the cups to Macclesfield, Oxford and Villa against the team that has gone out to Arsenal, Spurs and is within touching distance of Wembley?

BTW after 8 games there was an 11 point difference. There is now an 8 point difference with a game in hand. Massive difference eh?

After the first 8 games they nearly had 2 points a game. We had less than half a point. You still are not happy. What about the other 22 clubs? Or don't they fit in with your agenda?
League is priority, I am happy with how Robins has done. However if we want to talk about cups Swindon have knocked out Burnley, Brighton and Stoke this season (we'd be going on about it for the next 10 years if we had done that). No agenda here, just pointing out that other clubs are doing equally as well as us and have had an 8 point head start on us

Swindon are a lot more likely to be promoted than our selves at the moment

If you want to talk about the other 22 clubs a lot of them have at least matched our form

Since Robins joined we have cut the gap on Tranmere by 1 point
Doncaster have extended the gap from 7 points to 13 points although they have played an extra game
Sheffield Utd have extended the gap from 8 points to 10 points
Brentford have extended the gap from 6 points to 9 points an have a game in hand
No gain on Swindon still 8 points, they have a game in hand
MK Dons gap has been closed from 8 points to 5 with them having a game in hand
No gain on Bournemouth 5 points, they have a game in hand
So since Robins came in Sheffield Utd, Doncaster, Swindon, Brentford and Bournemouth have been going on at a better points per game than us, only marginal for most of them tbf. We have been going at a marginally better rate than Tranmere and MK Dons

That is 7 teams who on form since Robins came in, we will not get passed. We have gained a lot of ground on Notts County, Stevanage, Crawley, Preston and pretty much the rest of the league

Basically since Robins has came in we have matched the form of most of the top 6 which is fantastic but haven't been better than them which is what we would have needed to do to break the top 6

It has been going well but winning 2 and then drawing or losing won't get us in the top 6, we have put ourselves in a decent position for a second half push. We're at the stage now where if we are serious we need to string together 4 or 5 league wins in a row, we have been good but need to do even better to make the play offs

Any stop dragging off to a tangent, the point is you can score goals and not concede them at the same time as Swindon have shown

Astute

There you go again. Let's take it from when we were in bits after Shaw being in charge. Why not allow 1 game for MR to have an effect?

So Swindon have done well in their last 4 games on GD. Proves you right on not letting in goals and being able to score as well. Name another club then......So there is never 1 club not standing out on present form?

OK we are shit as Swindon have done better than us over the last 4 games. Give yourself a pat on the back for noticing and trying to bring.our efforts down.

SkyBlue_Bear83

OK we are shit as Swindon have done better than us over the last 4 games. Give yourself a pat on the back for noticing and trying to bring.our efforts down.

No, are you stupid? I have said Swindon are doing well and are looking good for back to back promotion. If they have done only marginally better than us since Robins joined how does that in turn mean I am saying we are shit?

We have done brilliantly to match the results of the top 7 since Robins came in, now we need to push on and better there results if we are serious about the play offs

Top 6 isn't beyond us by any means but all the people who are saying top 6 minimum or easily which a lot of people are saying need to get a grip. It is achievable and an aim but lots of people are starting to think getting into the top 6 is going to be a walk in the park, it all came unstuck last time we thought this league would be a push over

Astute

Stupid? Get a grip?

Not me who gets suicidal after every defeat and looks for stats or reasons against us. So you Spotted they had won their last 4games. 1good result in them...beating Tranmere.

I have had people like you calling me delusional and many similar things this season. My crime is being able to see the whole picture and keep the faith. We have a big strong squad for Div 3........here is another chance for you to have a go........someone might have a bigger squad :D

Users who are viewing this thread