Away ticket discrace... (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I ain't moaning about paying for delivery but why an extra £1.50 on top of the £1 when it comes as normal post does, the biggest thing for me is the £1 charge on tickets especially when you go and pay cash at the Butts. If you buy tickets in advance the home club give 5% of each ticket sold to the club for admin charges...

It's simple. We've signed up with ticketmaster and they have to be paid. They way they get paid is via the service charge, and these are some of the lowest service charges I've seen from them.

The other option was keep charging face value and the club takes the hit, which would lead to a smaller budget for Mowbray.

ccfcway

and your forgetting, a substandard service.

I have no doubt that this season it will be easier to get a ticket !

MatthewWallis

I understand that £1 extra isn't really that much. I guess the issue is the principle of why people should pay it when they pay in cash in person for tickets that were provided by another club that doesn't use the ticket master service. It doesn't really make sense to me why we should have to pay that?

Astute

It always costs you to pick tickets up unless you walk to a ticket office or are going near there for some other reason. And you don't have to queue up or leave your house. It is over £100 cheaper each time to use this system than to go to the ticket office myself :)

I always pick my ticket up when I get to the ground or buy my ticket on the day when I can. That way I can't forget to take my ticket with me or lose it on the way.

Nick

Administrator
I understand that £1 extra isn't really that much. I guess the issue is the principle of why people should pay it when they pay in cash in person for tickets that were provided by another club that doesn't use the ticket master service. It doesn't really make sense to me why we should have to pay that?
I think it's because it is still a ticket transaction going through ticket master

SkyBlueSid

Liquid Gold

"Boooo the website doesn't work, I can't buy my tickets easily, sisu are shit, why don't the invest in better system"

- Sisu find a better system

"Booo I hate sisu they've fucked up buying tickets, I have to pay millions more that probably goes to their court cases, why can't we have the good old system"

Our fans are idiots

ccfctommy

How do you know if it a better system? I guess it's easier but apart from ST sales, no one has used it for CCFC tickets.

I just think in a year when my ST has gone up by 50 quid (yes, it's an increase whatever way you look at it), i've now got to pay an extra pound per extra ticket. The Club don't make it easy for you.

Nick

Administrator
How do you know if it a better system? I guess it's easier but apart from ST sales, no one has used it for CCFC tickets.

I just think in a year when my ST has gone up by 50 quid (yes, it's an increase whatever way you look at it), i've now got to pay an extra pound per extra ticket. The Club don't make it easy for you.

Ticketmaster, a multi million pound ticket system used by big acts / gigs etc. Or a self hosted out of date ticket system on a server somewhere that keeps breaking.

I'd guess which is best, wouldnt you?

ccfcway

Honestly......

Brylowes

exactly. Last season it wasn't, this season it will be. Well worth a £1 in my opinion
Last season getting tickets could be a bit of a chore, I'm sure we will see an improvement
this time around, however gates of 10.000 in 33.000 stadium and no "pay on gate" is a big
mistake IMHO.

vow

Last season getting tickets could be a bit of a chore, I'm sure we will see an improvement
this time around, however gates of 10.000 in 33.000 stadium and no "pay on gate" is a big
mistake IMHO.
Has that been been confirmed, No Pay on Gate?

ccfcway

Tickets will be available in advance of matches and on the day via eticketing.co.uk/ccfc or by calling 0844 453 9134.

There will be NO processing fee or ticket fulfilment charge for supporters buying online, who use the print at home option.

There will be a £1 processing fee and £1 fulfilment charge (postage and packaging) when tickets are bought over the phone or online when not using print at home.

Tickets will be available to buy on the day of a game from the Matchday Ticket Office at the Ricoh Arena.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...icing-201617-3157985.aspx#j3l81OBbRcwzqrBE.99

chiefdave

awaits someone to moan about not having a printer now
Will we make it past the first game without someone forgetting to print their ticket and then moaning when they get charged by TM to print it at the ground?

O2 Arena charge £6 to print your ticket for you.

ccfcway

Will we make it past the first game without someone forgetting to print their ticket and then moaning when they get charged by TM to print it at the ground?

and Ryanair an awful lot more than that

ccfctommy

Bump.

Read on Twitter today that someone went into the shop to buy two season tickets in person and was charged an extra pound. Per ticket! What's that about?

#bettersystem

chiefdave

Read on Twitter today that someone went into the shop to buy two season tickets in person and was charged an extra pound. Per ticket! What's that about?
If they've only been charged £1 service charge they've done well as its supposed to be £6. The club absorbed the cost during early bird so there was no service charge then.

As has been explained many times its because the ticketing is now run by ticketmaster who add a service charge as that is how they make their money.

D

Deleted member 4439

The sites' a step backwards for selecting away tickets. You have to choose either 'best available' (according to them) or an allocation number. You have to put the tickets in your basket and go the checkout to see what the row is.

I see for the Swindon game that, with exception of one ticket for row r, the only remaining seats are in row A and B. In which case, I'd rather wait for the uncovered section to be released. I might be pissed on again, but at least I'll be able to get a view of who's to blame for us letting two goals in in the last 8 mins.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I left my brolly there last year even that was pissed off !!!

theferret

The sites' a step backwards for selecting away tickets. You have to choose either 'best available' (according to them) or an allocation number. You have to put the tickets in your basket and go the checkout to see what the row is.

I see for the Swindon game that, with exception of one ticket for row r, the only remaining seats are in row A and B. In which case, I'd rather wait for the uncovered section to be released. I might be pissed on again, but at least I'll be able to get a view of who's to blame for us letting two goals in in the last 8 mins.

Yeah, just got mine. Kept emptying the basket in the hope I'd get a better row, but kept getting row A or B. Wish I'd waited now. Behind the goal cheaper too I think.

brez

Yeah, just got mine. Kept emptying the basket in the hope I'd get a better row, but kept getting row A or B. Wish I'd waited now. Behind the goal cheaper too I think.
I was doing the same this morning, ended up in row j. I hope it's not like that for every game, should be able to pick row and seat like last season.

D

Deleted member 4439

I'd assumed we were being offered row A and B because the rest of the stand had been sold out. It appears not. If you stick a 100 seats in your basket you get to row K, only that the system caches every event, meaning that as you individually delete all the crappy seats in row D upwards it throws a paddy. So, looks like a case of waiting a couple of weeks so that enough of the lower tier have been sold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedies_Chips

Will Tony Mowbray have time to print all of our tickets for us when he should be preparing the team?

Grendel

It seems sisu have finally discovered their field of expertise. Their ticket system is better than the market leader ticket master. They should revert back to last years system and go global.

singers_pore

I just tried to buy tickets from Ticketmaster for the English Beat. The tickets are $24 each but the processing fee for each ticket is an additional $15. Ticketmaster are complete rip off merchants but, in the case of CCFC, the extra fees don't seem to be exorbitant.

Users who are viewing this thread