Attractive Football verses Relegation ? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

There you go again you sneeky politician/Sun Journalist. Cut and pasting only the bit of the paragraph you want and taking it out of context. Did the rest of that paragraph make reference to the type of football played during that period. Like I said I would rather watch us lose playing attractive football than during that particualr period of time when we were still losing but the football was also shyte.
I know it is futile but I will still try.... Please would you mind not cutting and pasting only selective words from my posts and then replying to it giving the impression that that is all I said. Taking it totally out of context. I dont know why I am asking this as I have no doubt you will do it to this post ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I need to clean me specs!! I thought the title of the thread was "Attractive Football versus RELIGION"!!
I was going to have a right old rant!! :D

Grendel

I need to clean me specs!! I thought the title of the thread was "Attractive Football versus RELIGION"!!
I was going to have a right old rant!! :D

It may as well. We are attractive to opponents as we are canon fodder and we are relegated. How can any football be attractive if we are losing all the time? Who wins anything with artistic merit. Also football we played up to Christmas was shocking. Boring, sterile and predictable.

ccfcno9

Whilst my club are playing League football I don't care what league they are in. I want to be entertained when I go to the games if we play long ball, we play it well and we win I will enjoy it. If we play passing football, we play it well and we win I will enjoy it.

If we play any style and play it badly then I will not be entertained.

Essentially I don't care about the style, I care about us doing it well.

Great post, IMO the passing game and losing is easier to accept than the long ball game and losing neithers good but support the team anyway.My guess would also be that the season ticket sales/renewals were boosted by our change of play after ABs departure. the why,s and wherefores of whats happened since are in other threads.

rob9872

Great post, IMO the passing game and losing is easier to accept than the long ball game and losing neithers good but support the team anyway.My guess would also be that the season ticket sales/renewals were boosted by our change of play after ABs departure. the why,s and wherefores of whats happened since are in other threads.

The season ticket sales were boosted by a series of fabricated stories coming out of the club. I think whatever league we are in next season the numbers will be at least 20% lower

Tankie

There are merits to both sides of this debate, but from a personal view I think that playing "Football" rather than long, hopeful hoiks from the goalies hands into the opposing penalty area is the way to go, and notice that not many sides at the top of our tables play crude football, its outmoded and unproductive, and gets managers the sack, the observation has been made that ugly football fails too, and is no guarantee of survival, and I think this is correct, the name Neil Warnock is widely touted, but lets remember, that his physical,uncompromising style has got him the sack on more than one occasion, and his style of Football gets him no plaudits whatsoever.
This argument will rumble on, and both sides, will put foreward valid points one way or another, which style is gong to save us.. The Good, Bad, or the ugly.
Respect....Tankie

ashbyjan

At this moment in time all I care about is getting three points out of every remaining game - sod pretty pretty tippy tappy crab football that we have witnessed all season - if getting it into the area asap for Platt to head and Nimley and Sheff/McDonald to feed off it and score then great. We are deep in the brown sticky stuff and there are no bonus points for awarded for number of completed passes in a game only when you finish with the same number or more goals than your opponents -for the next few weeks I don't care how those goals come about. If we get relegated do you really think we will be playing the beautiful game in League 1? Lets just stay up, whether thats by bully long ball football or passing football I don't care, ideally a good balance of both is ideal and stops you being one dimensional, predictable and easy to defend against.

Users who are viewing this thread