Attendances if sisu were to leave tomorrow (3 Viewers)

Samo

Bandwagon? Oh, you mean something to cheer so it's an enjoyable experience. The queue for a kick in the nuts is always short and that's all SISU are offering.

Haha! That made me chortle!

ccfcway

it just it doesn't mean as much to me anymore. I have learned to not allow myself the disappointment of a loss every week. I have somehow desensitised myself to it. However because of that, the rare victories also mean less too me. Its almost as though the emotional attachment has gone..

Sadly thats pretty much how i feel as well. If we lost on a Saturday it used to effect me well into the working week. Now its completely different. Take yesterday, even when we were losing i wasn't that upset. The passion I have for my club is slowly dying. I have gone to less games than ever before this year and as it stands will go to even less next year. The kids dont want to go and i cant even force them to support the club by wearing the kit, as i couldnt get hold of one for xmas or the birthday. At the heart of it is the feeling I have that i cant see things changing for the next 5 years and i just cant get motivated by that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Sadly thats pretty much how i feel as well. If we lost on a Saturday it used to effect me well into the working week. Now its completely different. Take yesterday, even when we were losing i wasn't that upset. The passion I have for my club is slowly dying. I have gone to less games than ever before this year and as it stands will go to even less next year. The kids dont want to go and i cant even force them to support the club by wearing the kit, as i couldnt get hold of one for xmas or the birthday. At the heart of it is the feeling I have that i cant see things changing for the next 5 years and i just cant get motivated by that.

I used to be awful when we lost and if I had been at the game I didn't go home for hours as I would be to horrible, but now not nearly as bothered and I just come on here and moan instead.

I actually felt more down after the Seahawks defeat in the superbowl than any defeat we have had this year.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Stupot07, Bennets, and Grendel........Stupot you have 4 ST's and have to drag the kids to games? Why buy them in the first place then? Bennets, fair play for your reasons, Grendel, 1) We're not top of the league..2)We're not in a JPT semi-final, and with the quality of players don't think we will be in the near future. Some fans are fickle..I'll give you that, but the vast majority can't and won't take s**t owners and s**t football. Northern Wisdom spoke about attendance figures dropping after buying players....We bought 2 players Scott Dann and Dan Fox then within 8/9 months sold both.......Attendance figures on SISU takeover were>>>Hull 21kPNE 17.5kBristol 21.5kCharlton 19kColchester 23.5kSheff utd 20.5kSouthampton 19kPalace 22kIpswich 18.5kBurnley 17.5kLeicester 23kNorwich 18kSheff weds 19.5kPlymouth 19kStoke 20.5k Wolves 28kMidweek games 19-45pm ko's against Blackpool.16k.....Watford.17k...WBA.18.5kAll of the above were league games not including League cup, and FA cup games.Attendances have dropped drastically after fans realised that SISU were starting to asset strip and didn't give a f**k about the team. It only took a couple of years before Ryton was remortgaged.

Sky Blue Kid

Grendel.....You're the biggest piece of WUM s**t on this forum. Don't twist my words. The intent of Fisher's comment was to intimidate the fans who believed Coventry were "Coming home" and place the blame anywhere but SISU's door. Now where the f**k is that ignore button?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

To go back to the original point of this thread I reckon our crowds would jump by 4-5000 instantly, taking us to around 12,000 per game. I do not run with the idea that there are anywhere near 10,000 NOPM absentees, simply because that maths don't add up. Moreover how do you measure NOPM ? You can't. If SISU left the attention would turn to Pressley and he would more likely be on borrowed time should results not pick up. But then it won't happen .

stupot07

@ Stupot07, Bennets, and Grendel........Stupot you have 4 ST's and have to drag the kids to games? Why buy them in the first place then? Bennets, fair play for your reasons, Grendel, 1) We're not top of the league..2)We're not in a JPT semi-final, and with the quality of players don't think we will be in the near future. Some fans are fickle..I'll give you that, but the vast majority can't and won't take s**t owners and s**t football. Northern Wisdom spoke about attendance figures dropping after buying players....We bought 2 players Scott Dann and Dan Fox then within 8/9 months sold both.......Attendance figures on SISU takeover were>>>Hull 21kPNE 17.5kBristol 21.5kCharlton 19kColchester 23.5kSheff utd 20.5kSouthampton 19kPalace 22kIpswich 18.5kBurnley 17.5kLeicester 23kNorwich 18kSheff weds 19.5kPlymouth 19kStoke 20.5k Wolves 28kMidweek games 19-45pm ko's against Blackpool.16k.....Watford.17k...WBA.18.5kAll of the above were league games not including League cup, and FA cup games.Attendances have dropped drastically after fans realised that SISU were starting to asset strip and didn't give a f**k about the team. It only took a couple of years before Ryton was remortgaged.

I bought them because I support the club, the 11 players wearing sky blue running around the pitch, not the owners.

Sisu's first full season in charge we averaged 17k, that was after spending quite a bit of money, renewed optimism. Crowds were dropping off anyway after the initial curiosity of the new ground. Yes they have further dropped because of the stewardship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

...... and performances dropped as costs were cut.

You should be happy they cut costs, you keep saying the wage bill was the issue every time someone mentions the high rent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Rusty Trombone

@ Stupot07.....When SISU made the decision to come back to the Ricoh, I thought, along with 10's of thousands of fellow CCFC fans that they were finally going to do things for the good of CCFC....How many posters on here bought ST's on that same understanding? Many of my friends and family were going to give SISU one more chance, only to be kicked in the gonads by Fisher within 24 hours of our return. Crafty F**ker made sure of a couple of thousands more ST's and giant gate receipts from Gillingham game first before opening his f**king big gob. And YOU say it had nothing to do with the 11k gate the following week??? No disrespect mate, but, I think you need to get out more!

They said they still wanted a new ground as soon as they agreed to come back didn't they, obviously this was before the Gillingham game, so the statement had nothing to do with the drop in attendance. It dropped because lots of people wanted to be at the first game, many of whom were not even Cov fans, and because it was priced far too cheaply.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Alan Dugdales Moustache......Have a look at the attendance figures on my post #76. 10k off average 20-22k gates is 10-12k isn't it?.....take off 5-6k from that and you're left with 6-7k? that we're getting atm. There's every chance that NOPM is around the 9-10k mark.

stupot07

2008/09 season sisu's first full season, investment in the pre season.
First 5-6 games
Norwich 22.6k
Bristol 17.9k - we had maximum points before this game
Preston 16.5k
QPR 16.7k
Southampton 15.5k
Burnley 14.6k.

That was with signings, renewed optimism, before our best players were sold.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Rusty Trombone....Nothing was said in the weeks leading up to our return to the Ricoh.....This snippet from an interview with Fisher to Guardians David Conn on......................4th September 2014...ONE DAY before Gillingham match... "Tim Fisher, the Sisu-appointed club chairman, declined to respond to the MPs’ criticisms, telling the Guardian he wants to look ahead to the Ricoh return. However he maintains Sisu “have to own our own ground”. and that it is continuing with plans to build a new one." Like I said "Crafty f**ker" waiting for ST's to be sold and "Full house" against Gillingham first. Here's the whole article mate. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/04/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-gillingham-sisu

Alan Dugdales Moustache

@ Alan Dugdales Moustache......Have a look at the attendance figures on my post #76. 10k off average 20-22k gates is 10-12k isn't it?.....take off 5-6k from that and you're left with 6-7k? that we're getting atm. There's every chance that NOPM is around the 9-10k mark.

...so, if we agree that the missing figure for NOPM is , as you say, around 10,000 then it means that added back to the figure of around 7,500 we are currently getting then there is every chance our crowds will swell to around 17, 000 average. Sorry but that's way off. I'd love to think we are a big enough club to achieve that figure but we won't. Not in this division. Not where we are. We are not a Sheffield United.

covmark

Would the Ricoh sell out if we had a sniff of Wembley again or if we'd had a big cup draw. The answer is yes, therefore Sky Blue Kid is talking bollocks yet again.
People aren't attending games because Fisher said the club are carrying on with the new stadium plans. Utter shite haha.

bigfatronssba

2008/09 season sisu's first full season, investment in the pre season.
First 5-6 games
Norwich 22.6k
Bristol 17.9k - we had maximum points before this game
Preston 16.5k
QPR 16.7k
Southampton 15.5k
Burnley 14.6k.

That was with signings, renewed optimism, before our best players were sold.

2007 - 08 season.

Average attendance before Sisu takeover

Average after

Bearing in mind that prior to Sisu taking over in that season we spent a considerable amount of time in the play offs, and won at Old Trafford. Post takeover that season we spent most of the time hovering above the relegation zone.

Other than the takeover, to what can you attribute an increase of nearly 9% in attendances?

bigfatronssba

Would the Ricoh sell out if we had a sniff of Wembley again or if we'd had a big cup draw. The answer is yes, therefore Sky Blue Kid is talking bollocks yet again.
People aren't attending games because Fisher said the club are carrying on with the new stadium plans. Utter shite haha.

It doesn't help though does it?

When we all know the chairman is talking utter bollocks, it just highlights how little chance there is of things improving.

Kingokings204

Price also plays little as £22 for shit league one football is a rip off but if it was £25 and we were top of the league winning most weeks then more people would go than now so that concludes for me it's more winning football than owners even though having sisu is clearly keeping thousands away. Don't think that's arguable.

covmark

It doesn't help though does it?

When we all know the chairman is talking utter bollocks, it just highlights how little chance there is of things improving.
I agree 100%, the man's a tool. To suggest what SBK is suggesting is wide of the mark though imo.

bigfatronssba

IMO a winning team will get bigger crowds.

Sisu going would, in peoples minds, increase the likelihood of us having a winning team. That would (at least for a short period) increase attendances.

Rusty Trombone

@ Rusty Trombone....Nothing was said in the weeks leading up to our return to the Ricoh.....This snippet from an interview with Fisher to Guardians David Conn on......................4th September 2014...ONE DAY before Gillingham match... "Tim Fisher, the Sisu-appointed club chairman, declined to respond to the MPs’ criticisms, telling the Guardian he wants to look ahead to the Ricoh return. However he maintains Sisu “have to own our own ground”. and that it is continuing with plans to build a new one." Like I said "Crafty f**ker" waiting for ST's to be sold and "Full house" against Gillingham first. Here's the whole article mate. http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/04/coventry-city-ricoh-arena-gillingham-sisu

How about 21st August. http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/look-steve-waggott-says-coventry-7650856

Ashdown

People aren't attending games because the owners have reduced the club to its worst position in 50+ years and their strategy will only lead it lower by the looks of it !

Sky Blue Kid

Very good point Stupot07...but it seems you conveniently leave out figures for the rest of the season eh?Derby 18.5kPalace 17kPlymouth 18.5kForest 17.5kSheff weds 20kWolves 21kBirmingham 23ksheff utd 17kDonny 18.5kWatford 17.5kNewcastle 19.5kAlso not forgetting Blackburn 5th round cup 23kThe piece de resistance................Chelsea quarter finals 31.5k.......Boooommmmm!!! No drop off before selling Dann and Fox. If anything a slight rise in figures ;)

Evo1883

Yes we cant nitpick games from seasons when the season average is all that matters really , fact is we averaged 17k -20k for around 4 seasons plus and we never improved , we got worse .

TheRoyalScam

Well I've come on here and had a good old rant on several posts - even rewrote the 'Sky Blue Song' :)

To reply to the OP: When Sisu have gone I'll be back in a millisecond, regardless of which division we're in.

rightumpty

I think that it's difficult to over-estimate the damage that the move to Northampton did.

It'll take a winning team to bring the crowds back, but even then I fear that it will be a slower recovery than many hope/expect.
I find it difficult to over estimate the damage that SISU have done since taking over.
Remember all the 3 year plans we had to get back - to wherever - each time we changed manager. Of all those managers that we had, just how many were sacked and how many left because they realised what a bullshitting bunch of complete arseholes who run our club.

Users who are viewing this thread