Attendance (1 Viewer)

Macca

The people who are staying away are running out of excuses.

Why do people need an excuse??
Pretty lame if people need to justify there lifestyle choices. Personally I didn't fancy it after a long day at work. Bit gutted to have missed a goal fest but hey ho

letsallsingtogether

Not really, along with the likes of italia and SydneySky Blue he was one of those who would claim that those who voiced concern about sisu taking over the club weren't real fans.

Now these same fans claim that others love sisu. They are nothing but hypocrites.
But you do

Grendel

So We are not as big as the likes of Southampton funny their biggest ever attendance of 32,363 was against the mighty Sky Blues. our biggest ever crowd is bigger then Bradford, Norwich, Leicester,Bradford, Nottinghamgham Forest in fact we are number 26.
SO HISTORICALLY we are a big club and could be again......
PUSB

Historically the wanderers are huge. Can't see a return to the glory days for a while though.

Huddersfield town dominated football for a period. I can't see it happening again just as they are called Huddersfield town.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So We are not as big as the likes of Southampton funny their biggest ever attendance of 32,363 was against the mighty Sky Blues. our biggest ever crowd is bigger then Bradford, Norwich, Leicester,Bradford, Nottinghamgham Forest in fact we are number 26.
SO HISTORICALLY we are a big club and could be again......
PUSB

lol just proved my point

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why do people need an excuse??
Pretty lame if people need to justify there lifestyle choices. Personally I didn't fancy it after a long day at work. Bit gutted to have missed a goal fest but hey ho
Well we've had people coming out with crap excuses for years now so obviously feel the need to justify it.

letsallsingtogether

Historically the wanderers are huge. Can't see a return to the glory days for a while though.

Huddersfield town dominated football for a period. I can't see it happening again just as they are called Huddersfield town.

Yes well you can say that about nearly every team in the land the likes of Man United,Man City, Chelsea in fact any team will never have crowds that they once had.

Macca

Well we've had people coming out with crap excuses for years now so obviously feel the need to justify it.

But why does anyone need to an excuse? I didn't go to the pub or the cinema last night. I don't need an excuse for that either. I don't get football fans putting themselves on a pedestal because they went and enjoyed their hobby?

skybluetony176

Equally I know of a dozen or so who went occasionally before sixfields, didnt go to Sixfields, but now due to a combination of reasons are all pretty much regulars.

Its swings and roundabouts, some stopped going, some are now going regularly.

I'm exactly in that boat myself. I probably do double the games I was doing pre Sixfields and didn't do Sixfields. Reasons being from got a few more spare quids these days, the kids are a little bit older and do things with friends at the weekends meaning I have time to go to weekend games on occasions now and also because I'm just glad we're back home and the only way to take real advantage of that is by going.

Still don't go as much as I'd like but family comes first. Good news is my youngest is making a return visit at the weekend and if she wants to go more I go more. Taking one of my nephews also so hopefully I can convert him from Liverpool.

bawtryneal

Keep the results going and a prolonged period in the top 3 or 4 and slowly the crowds will return. If we are in with a shout of promotion with 3 or 4 games left then 15 or 16k. The day we can be promoted then 20k.
16k on Boxing Day woukd be nice.

italiahorse

Not really, along with the likes of italia and SydneySky Blue he was one of those who would claim that those who voiced concern about sisu taking over the club weren't real fans.

Now these same fans claim that others love sisu. They are nothing but hypocrites.

Never said anyone wasn't a real fan ever. Never said anyone loves Sisu.
Move on !!

Moff

I'm exactly in that boat myself. I probably do double the games I was doing pre Sixfields and didn't do Sixfields. Reasons being from got a few more spare quids these days, the kids are a little bit older and do things with friends at the weekends meaning I have time to go to weekend games on occasions now and also because I'm just glad we're back home and the only way to take real advantage of that is by going.

Still don't go as much as I'd like but family comes first. Good news is my youngest is making a return visit at the weekend and if she wants to go more I go more. Taking one of my nephews also so hopefully I can convert him from Liverpool.

Pretty similar with me Tony, going more but have other restrictions, primarily family commitments and kids own sports that can stop me going, still it helps that there are other ways to fund the club with the kids after plenty of CCFC related stuff at Christmas!

stevefloyd

Its not that difficult to understand is it? The Sixfields disaster lost us 100's of fans for the long term.
It will take time, years, to recover that. I personally know of a dozen who used to go occasionally and now never bother, theyve just moved on.

Read comment above this

Specs WT-R75

To me it looked like there was more home fans on Tues than there was on Saturday. The main stand looked a bit busier - didn't look like there were as many empty seats in our bit either. They were also selling the tickets for B14 which is a first this season... but maybe that's just because of the ticketing issues and having to print out a block in a hurry...

For me I was astonished when the bank holiday Southend gate was announced at 13k+ maybe some pay-on-the-gate creative accounting....

Steve.B50

We all need to encourage these stay away fans to come along at get behind the team.
The only way SISU will leave is if we are a sellable product and that means a long term deal at Ricoh and hopefully in the Championship.

matesx

The only way SISU will leave is if we are a sellable product and that means a long term deal at Ricoh and hopefully in the Championship.

Spot on my man

Nick

Administrator
We all need to encourage these stay away fans to come along at get behind the team.

But when we did have a long term deal and were in the Championship nobody really wanted us?

Glenn Storer

About right, there were 10,500 home fans on Saturday and about 10,700 home fans tonight. Seems about right

Would be interesting to know how many people simply gave up in the end trying to buy a ticket in the end with all the problems, pretty poor crowd considering how much they had been playing it up with queues etc.

First game I've missed in a very, very long time as I was ill as fuck and couldn't be arsed dealing with the ticket office, went to buy online and they'd taken them down after 12pm on the day, so just gave in :(. Was devastated when my phone was going mental with score updates!

skybluericoh

I stopped because I'd stopped enjoying going, was on the brink of buying a half season ticket when SISU started what I still believe was 'hard ball' to get the Ricoh on the cheap. Have thought about going recently but still not excited enough to stand and cue for hours and don't trust SISU enough to invest in another ST to cut out the cue's. Top that with I don't know anyone else who now goes up regularly anymore - there were 12 of us with ST's together 1st season at the Ricoh now 0:-( I'm toying with going this Saturday, and would deffo be there if we were a few games away from Play off / promotion. Call me a glory fan - at CCFC I've spent my time even if I don't go at the moment- if you wish. Ask me if I care? not really.

chiefdave

Apparently not true after all Sisu were not the only gang in town

Indeed but all the other gangs in town walked away when they found out CCC weren't prepared to consider the club owning the ground. That is going to be the big hurdle now in attracting buyers. Unless your a fan why would you buy a club who's setup means they can't progress?

letsallsingtogether

Indeed but all the other gangs in town walked away when they found out CCC weren't prepared to consider the club owning the ground. That is going to be the big hurdle now in attracting buyers. Unless your a fan why would you buy a club who's setup means they can't progress?
Don't believe they all walked away just Sisu sold themselves better and got the backing they needed.
They then did their usual character assination on those that helped them out.

Users who are viewing this thread