Atmosphere (2 Viewers)

oakey

Nobody has worn masks at any games we've played this season either.

What does that have to do with anything?
1. There were a few more masks in the first few games in the concourse.
2. Attendance is bigger now so concourse is more crowded
3. Cases have surged since then so IMO more caution is advisable not less.

It is relevant since it may be linked to what is a carefree / 'I can do what I like and if you don't like it, change seats or stay home' attitude in some fans

stupot07

It is relevant since it may be linked to what is a carefree / 'I can do what I like and if you don't like it, change seats or stay home' attitude in some fans
Me and my lad are wearing facemasks in the concourse. Its a haven for covid. I cannot believe people are being so stupid. But tbf it may not be so much of a big issue if you could take your beer to the stand.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yesterday was my first visit to the CBS Arena . My first season without a season ticket since the "Ricoh" was opened.
Best atmosphere for years ( mind you that's not difficult)
I took my young kids to Highfield Road in the 1990s . I now have grandchildren of the same age. I wouldn't take them near the CBS Arena. The behaviour of a significant number of our younger supporters is dreadful. Full of hate, bad language etc. When they're not on their mobile phones they're more interested in spewing bile towards away fans than watching the match.

Evo1883

Yesterday was my first visit to the CBS Arena . My first season without a season ticket since the "Ricoh" was opened.
Best atmosphere for years ( mind you that's not difficult)
I took my young kids to Highfield Road in the 1990s . I now have grandchildren of the same age. I wouldn't take them near the CBS Arena. The behaviour of a significant number of our younger supporters is dreadful. Full of hate, bad language etc. When they're not on their mobile phones they're more interested in spewing bile towards away fans than watching the match.

To be fair , you could sit in another section of the stadium and not have to put up with that kind of behaviour .

My girls both go every game , yesterday is a very very very rare occurrence inside the ground , only remember it happening v Sheffield United

Unfortunately sometimes in life the stage is set for bad things to happen and yesterday that was one of those times

Gynnsthetonic

We have Bristol City, Birmingham, WBA and Stoke coming up, will bring big followings and have their fairshare of troublemakers!

Evo1883

We have Bristol City, Birmingham, WBA and Stoke coming up, will bring big followings and have their fairshare of troublemakers!

The answer is , much like at millwall .

Keep away fans back for 10 minutes .. we had this nonsense in league 2 where there was alot of trouble.. they tried the fencing and it doesn't really work overall

Alan Dugdales Moustache

To be fair , you could sit in another section of the stadium and not have to put up with that kind of behaviour .

My girls both go every game , yesterday is a very very very rare occurrence inside the ground , only remember it happening v Sheffield United

Unfortunately sometimes in life the stage is set for bad things to happen and yesterday that was one of those times
I sat behind the goal in block 28, row v. About 7 rows in front and to the left was an absolute twat in his late 30s or early 40s who spent most of the game turned round mocking everyone for not singing when he wanted them to . " Shall we sing a song for you? " , aimed at us, was as original as he could get. Then doing the "hush gesture" He had kids with him .
He should have fucked off to singers corner.

Nick

Administrator
I sat behind the goal in block 28, row v. About 7 rows in front and to the left was an absolute twat in his late 30s or early 40s who spent most of the game turned round mocking everyone for not singing when he wanted them to . " Shall we sing a song for you? " , aimed at us, was as original as he could get. Then doing the "hush gesture" He had kids with him .
Sounds like he was showing off in front of his date

pusbccfc

Least there was one fan in the telegraph trying to make an atmosphere 😂

pusbccfc

Same on trains, in pubs, every football match, cinema, theatre, restaurant, hotel, bowling alley and so on. People have given up.

Nick

Administrator

Nobody is really wearing masks anywhere. Fair enough call them bellends for being bellends but lets not start making out it's just block 16 people.

People can wear a mask if they like.... It's not compulsory.

Johnnythespider

Nobody is really wearing masks anywhere. Fair enough call them bellends for being bellends but lets not start making out it's just block 16 people.

People can wear a mask if they like.... It's not compulsory.
Yet

Skybluefaz

Bristol City seemed to have a bunch of songs from the 90's and that was it. Not usually one to get into the fan debate, but you know when a set of fans loves the 'you're shit ahhhhh' as much as they did today they are going to be pretty shit.

shmmeee

Bristol City seemed to have a bunch of songs from the 90's and that was it. Not usually one to get into the fan debate, but you know when a set of fans loves the 'you're shit ahhhhh' as much as they did today they are going to be pretty shit.

Sure I heard the “by far the greatest team” song as well.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not gonna lie that's been one of my favourites since I was little. Fun to keep the 'ahhhhhh' going the longest

pusbccfc

From the Bristol City forum

'I thought their fans were top class and put us to shame. I am trying to think of a louder home crowd for quite some years. During the game I had the same feeling I had after the play off defeat, when again the atmosphere was so poor - do we really deserve success as a football club when our fans often can't be bothered to make any noise!? Even in the first half we had throw ins in good attacking positions and there was no roar of encouragement at all. Maybe we just know by now that our attacking throws often just result in the opposition counter attacking!'

stevefloyd

That twist and shout for about 30 minutes when we'd been relegated a few years back was fucking awesome

Edit .. even the opposing fans were joining in

Last edited:

covboy1987

Brilliant support by Cov fans as many Bristol city fans stated on their site - Our fans actually had an impact on how well the 10 men played second half

SBT

Never understood why all these vloggers and tweeters spend so much time fawning over other team’s fans. Maybe it’s an engagement thing. Even if I was impressed with another team’s turnout I wouldn’t bang on about it.

Anyway - thought the atmosphere was pretty flat first half. There’s been times this season when the crowd seems to lift the players but this felt more like the opposite. You could see Vik and Dabo gesturing to the crowd to step it up in the second half - credit to us, the place was rocking by the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread