Atmosphere today (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

The atmosphere wasn't great in general today but I couldn't believe the people around me. No clapping or cheering at all, one guy must have seen (and this is no exaggeration) at most 10 minutes of the game because he was looking at his phone the whole time. I don't get why you would bother going up if you're not interested

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Went up with my dad today and for the first time we thought we would try the lloydspharmacy (or whatever the new sponsor is) stand. I won't be doing that again. The two guys sat next to me were the most miserable people I've ever come across. Didn't say one positive thing from minute one, absolutely slated nearly every player in a line up. Martin was the player they took the biggest dislike in and when he scored they didn't stand, applaud, anything. What is the point of going to football if you get zero enjoyment from it. Absolute arses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

With 200 away fans it's always going to be difficult to get a good atmosphere going because usually an atmosphere stems from the away support.

The best atmosphere this season was Peterborough and that's because there was something to sing at in response

D

Deleted member 2477

It was the same at shef utd last week. Very q from the sba

Liquid Gold

Women behind me f'ing and blinding infrint of loads of kids

Broken Britain.

There were a lot of young kids in unsuitable parts of the ground today, the ticket office should make a point to parents that there is an area devoted for children. You can't complain if you're in the corner and there is bad language, same as there is no excuse for bad language in the family area

stupot07

The atmosphere wasn't great in general today but I couldn't believe the people around me. No clapping or cheering at all, one guy must have seen (and this is no exaggeration) at most 10 minutes of the game because he was looking at his phone the whole time. I don't get why you would bother going up if you're not interested

It wasn't sw88 posting match updates was it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

CovisGod

Possibly due to the passing of Jimmy ?

I know a lot of the older folks around me were certainly in a somber mood after learning of Jimmy's death.

stupot07

I doubt it, he kept going on about the Man U Norwich score and how his bets were getting on. Didn't seem to be making any notes about the match

To be fair it was pretty turgid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Possibly due to the passing of Jimmy ?

I know a lot of the older folks around me were certainly in a somber mood after learning of Jimmy's death.

Think it was that, combined with the fans waiting for the team to really turn it on, which didn't happen. Think a fair few fans thought the team would win the game for Jimmy, or at least go hell for leather to attempt to do so.

Had we scored in the first minute, which we most certainly should have done, I think the atmosphere would have been really good.

Hobo

Players have to spark the crowd. Then the crowd become the fire.

Rodders1

Poor performance by the Sky blues so hence the atmosphere.

Regarding the spicy language - that's been part a parcel of the crowd experience for decades. You can't be surprised by it surely?

Hobo

At least you don't get people pissing down the back of your leg these days

Steve.B50

Poor performance by the Sky blues so hence the atmosphere.

Regarding the spicy language - that's been part a parcel of the crowd experience for decades. You can't be surprised by it surely?

Its part art of football I am afraid, no one needs to swear, but the modern world seems to accept it as normal.

letsallsingtogether

Sat in block 25 today for the first time as we took a few family members today.
It was like a morge even heard the oldham fans sing a couple of times.
Won't be back in that part of the ground again in a hurry did not enjoy it at all.

Otis

Its part art of football I am afraid, no one needs to swear, but the modern world seems to accept it as normal.
Tell me about it.

11 is the age, trust me! ;)

My daughter was Year 6 until July this year and I barely saw a single swear word on all her social media feeds (Instagram, WhatsApp, Skype, Oovoo) etc.), but starting secondary school this year there has been a sudden, unexpected explosion of bad language.

Seems nearly every kid is sudden!y swearing and it's constant and excessive.

Massive change to be seen.

They all seem to talk in black gangsta rap style too. Everyone is mi bro, or in mi squad or are mi mains and everything is safe.

My daughter's best friend never swore at all and now suddenly it's in every sentence.

Have always said to my daughter I don't have a problem with the occasional swearing, pretty much everyone does it depending on the circumstance, but it's the habitual swearing I can't stand.

Think kids do it cos it's 'cool' to do so, that's where it starts and nowadays I am forever hearing parents swearing in front of young children.

Apparently 'spaz' is back in vogue, as is 'rape face.' :(

Pipehitterz

16 and 16 was pretty good today, but not great

jimmys passing and the rigid opposition we have been up against of late have really started to take the edge off the season
4 without a win and i suspect less than 10 shots per game has got people wondering if TM has the tactical nous to break down lesser oppoition
last 4 teams we have played have alll set up not to lose, its been identical set ups the 4 league teams before that didnt, we ended up with 3 or 4 goals in each game
looking back at the 5 games before that, those teams all set up defensively, and we won 1 in 5 then too

we are definitely found out, and it shows we probaly need to find that way of winning 1-0 instead of drawing (SU apart)

i think the transfer window will see 1 o2 outfield bullys being brought in, i dont think we will get a goalie, unfortunately the mistakes (not convinced that wasnt a foul on rcc yesterday) will be here for the season.
if we had a bully in the middle in the last 4 games i would say we won at least 3 of those games and we need one to define the season i think

down to you TM , january cant come soon enough fo the new players, but we have to say, at the worst (walsall taking 6 points) we're a win off the top, and supposedly the wheels are off, not time fotr the panic button yet

if you reasses yesterday, massively weakened side, that finished the game without their backbone, undone with a dodgy lastminute goal (if it was a foul), that aint too bad

Sick Boy

Bit different watching football than a London rugby franchise, eh?

It's been part of football for generations and there isn't anything wrong with 'bad' language in an adult environment, which the football is.

The view of swearing as something highly negative is slightlty outdated now. Luckily institutions like the church have less power over what is deemed acceptable in society now.

dongonzalos

Probably people getting their token post in on the match thread to keep Nick happy ;)

Ha ha the match thread Police, probably better not going on there and let the bizzare conspiracies run.
I posted on there yesterday so that's it now I am in the clear, if only everything in life was so simple

Londonccfcfan

Too many non fans present ie guests or friends that simply have no interest or passion for Sky Blues.

Worst atmosphere this season which shows a bigger crowd does not guarantee a better atmosphere.

2nd half vs Peterboro was unbelievable. We sucked in 3 second half goals.

Poor game all round.

Irish Sky Blue

Agree that Wasps are indeed a franchise club, shame for the fans that have followed them for years in the south east. It's also a shame that we still have to have segregation of fans at football so that 200 Oldham fans have to sit miles from anyone else in the ground. It's not just "posh" sports such as rugby union where there is no segregation. There is no bother at RL games, cricket or Gaelic games in Ireland. I started going to Highfield Rd in the 1960s. There was certainly more respect for people around you. Anyone constantly swearing would have been reminded that there were lots of children (and women) around so to watch their mouth.

Otis

Too many non fans present ie guests or friends that simply have no interest or passion for Sky Blues.

Worst atmosphere this season which shows a bigger crowd does not guarantee a better atmosphere.

2nd half vs Peterboro was unbelievable. We sucked in 3 second half goals.

Poor game all round.
But the Jimmy Hill did have an effect I'm sure. It certainly left me in a sombre mood.

Londonccfcfan

Agreed...brought a tear and lump to my throat too. But that was forgotten for me as soon as the game starts as I'm absorbed in the game after that.

Rodders1

Tell me about it.

11 is the age, trust me! ;)

My daughter was Year 6 until July this year and I barely saw a single swear word on all her social media feeds (Instagram, WhatsApp, Skype, Oovoo) etc.), but starting secondary school this year there has been a sudden, unexpected explosion of bad language.

Seems nearly every kid is sudden!y swearing and it's constant and excessive.

Massive change to be seen.

They all seem to talk in black gangsta rap style too. Everyone is mi bro, or in mi squad or are mi mains and everything is safe.

My daughter's best friend never swore at all and now suddenly it's in every sentence.

Have always said to my daughter I don't have a problem with the occasional swearing, pretty much everyone does it depending on the circumstance, but it's the habitual swearing I can't stand.

Think kids do it cos it's 'cool' to do so, that's where it starts and nowadays I am forever hearing parents swearing in front of young children.

Apparently 'spaz' is back in vogue, as is 'rape face.' :(

"Rape face"!? Jesus not heard that one before - lovely.

mechaishida

So that's a given is it? It can't work the other way around?

If you're Barcelona or Galatasaray, where the fans will scream and bang drums from the offset to intimidate the opposition...bit different for a L1 side mired in struggles and uncertainty. I suppose the mentality here is, 'we deserve something to shout about, so show us what you can do'.

Liquid Gold

But then you have places like Chelsea who won the league last year and Arsenal who consistently win more games than they loose, are in the champs league and win cups, the Emirates and Stamford bridge have very little atmosphere at the best of times.

Users who are viewing this thread