Ask Neil (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan210

He keeps aimlessly making stuff up to deflect, it's really weird.

He keeps throwing lots of nonsense about and when questioned has absolutely no clue of how to discuss it or back it up.

I assume people "attacking him" are people who are questioning him and don't agree with his stance.

Johnnythespider

What a "victim", i couldn't think of a worse bunch to have any part in the ownership of ccfc. All that "i feel your pain Neil" crap from his pals makes me want to puke, he's talking about missing a football match or 3 for Pete's sake.

fernandopartridge

He keeps aimlessly making stuff up to deflect, it's really weird.

He keeps throwing lots of nonsense about and when questioned has absolutely no clue of how to discuss it or back it up.
He's definitely a journalist formally in the pay of Trinity Mirror then

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Grendel

I’ve put some headlines out on twitter on the polling results - he’s coming back with very predictable responses

Grendel

You'd be better off talking to a brick wall. Anything he doesn't agree with he dismisses.

Love his comment about the trust have no more media air space than me as an individual as I can call CWR on Saturday and talk to Linnell

clint van damme

Love his comment about the trust have no more media air space than me as an individual as I can call CWR on Saturday and talk to Linnell

so he's basically saying the trust is pointless?
He hasn't got a clue, he's off to a shocking start in his new role.
He needs to get off social media for a bit, gather himself and have a serious think about the nonsense he's coming out with.

Grendel

so he's basically saying the trust is pointless?
He hasn't got a clue, he's off to a shocking start in his new role.
He needs to get off social media for a bit, gather himself and have a serious think about the nonsense he's coming out with.

He’s told me to lead my own group as I clearly don’t need the trust. Kind of hard to have rationale discussions with him - I don’t know if it’s just some nonsense to induce some abuse from me so I don’t meet him. I’m staying calm can’t wait to meet to be honest

clint van damme

He’s told me to lead my own group as I clearly don’t need the trust. Kind of hard to have rationale discussions with him - I don’t know if it’s just some nonsense to induce some abuse from me so I don’t meet him. I’m staying calm can’t wait to meet to be honest

he seems unable to grasp that the trust should represent all supporters, even the ones the board members may disagree with.
admittedly not easy given the myriad of opinions that exist among our support regarding our situation but if he wasn't aware of that before he put himself forward then I'm not sure he's being paying any attention to what's been going on at the club for the last 20 years.

Skyblueweeman

Right, so I've worked out Grendel and ChiefDave on twitter.

Grendel...I'm disappointed there's no picture of you but I do like your use of Killing Eve gifs.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I’m trying to be reasonable but soon he’s going to get the full Grendel treatment

giphy.gif

Adge

This trust business has gone on too long now. Does anyone actually now support it and still go to any meetings apart from the board and one or two cronies?
Time to form another fit and proper group-maybe someone could mention it tomorrow night at the Cov supporters meeting and see if that is a possibility?

Grendel

He’s now taking the piss out of the wasps protest at the Ricoh

jordan210

What does he think sit down and have a nice cuppa with wasps but protest sisu

Maybe the action should be a group go and clap wasps representatives. Oh wait that happened

mark82

Maybe the action should be a group go and clap wasps representatives. Oh wait that happened

I personally see protests as a bit pointless, but it's not the only way to get a point across. They have media contacts, they can make statements against them. They can try to mediate between the parties. Lots of things they can do but aren't because it's easier just to keep saying "Sisu out".

clint van damme

Fuck me, all the answers are in his statement.
Protests haven't worked against sisu, aim them at one of the other protagonists.
A small protest against wasps didn't work, use your position I the trust to organise large one!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I suppose they’re going to stop protesting against SISU then?

Protesting won’t work - but public boycotts of wasps and surrounding businesses may make people sit up and take note

NorthernWisdom

I suppose they’re going to stop protesting against SISU then?

Protesting won’t work - but public boycotts of wasps and surrounding businesses may make people sit up and take note
A boycott's very divisive (see Sixfields), near impossible to get right (see Sixfields! Also, where do you stop? Can you stop people going to see Bon Jovi? If they buy tickets despite the fact his voice is shot, an anti-Wasps sentiment won't help!) and is difficult to show it's a boycott rather than just natural supply and demand.

Presence, rather than absence, shows that things matter.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

A boycott's very divisive (see Sixfields), near impossible to get right (see Sixfields! Also, where do you stop? Can you stop people going to see Bon Jovi? If they buy tickets despite the fact his voice is shot, an anti-Wasps sentiment won't help!) and is difficult to show it's a boycott rather than just natural supply and demand.

I disagree - financial hardship is what will matter - Dhillons are shamefully cashing in. They should be raising hell with wasps.

Grendel

Concerts are different as they attract people from everywhere

They should issue some form of statement saying people should not attend until the matter is resolved.

The problem has always been accepting a nomadic sports club makes it pretty difficult to gain sympathy when you are trying to bring back a different nomadic sports club

It’s the statement that’s the important thing

It’s very clear it’s not going to happen and there is no intent to change anything regarding the stance that’s been taken.

All a bit of a waste of time trying

Nick

Administrator
Exactly, if you look at it from the outside in terms of a Wasps stance from the Trust.

There was the statement saying it was a fantastic sporting occasion and you then have a video of them on the Telegraph site applauding the Wasps bloke.

It's all well and good CJ saying he doesn't like them but if you don't see him post that on there and wanted to see what the Trust thought of Wasps you can only see positives from them.

How do you then make a point about a club moving away while there's praise about another club moving here?

shepardo01

I disagree - financial hardship is what will matter - Dhillons are shamefully cashing in. They should be raising hell with wasps.
Are they opening up for Wasps games?... were they doing that previously?
See they are running Coaches to Brum... personally I would not use them if they are now opening up for Wasps games. Not great I know, and understand that business must try to stay afloat, but jumping on the Wasps train at this time is not great in my opinion.

chiefdave

This is the main thing for me. A stunning lack of consistency.

You can debate the effectiveness of a protest against any of the parties involved. Personally I would suggest Wasps would be more sensitive to a large protest and accompanying media coverage than SISU would be over a coach load of people going to shout at an empty building.

However its not really about debating what form action should take, its the fact that the trust will fire out a press release criticising SISU, or head down to London to protest their offices yet won't say a word against Wasps or the council.

We are still waiting for a statement from the trust condemning the council and Wasps role in all this. By Neil's own admission they don't want to upset Wasps, what are they so scared off?

SBAndy

Exactly, if you look at it from the outside in terms of a Wasps stance from the Trust.

There was the statement saying it was a fantastic sporting occasion and you then have a video of them on the Telegraph site applauding the Wasps bloke.

It's all well and good CJ saying he doesn't like them but if you don't see him post that on there and wanted to see what the Trust thought of Wasps you can only see positives from them.

How do you then make a point about a club moving away while there's praise about another club moving here?

There’s always the point raised about not telling people how they can spend their money. Firstly, didn’t have a problem suggest people don’t attend CCFC games circa 2013. Secondly, what use is a pressure group if it’s not willing to engage on something like this?

CJ_covblaze

They should issue some form of statement saying people should not attend until the matter is resolved.

The problem has always been accepting a nomadic sports club makes it pretty difficult to gain sympathy when you are trying to bring back a different nomadic sports club

It’s very clear it’s not going to happen and there is no intent to change anything regarding the stance that’s been taken.

We have taken our stance from our poll from members that was discussed at the AGM. I do feel these polls you are doing are a very worthwhile exercise not just for the Trust but for the club and fan base as a whole. Personally I do hope your meeting with Neil goes well. With regards to meeting board members anyone is free to drop in to my office and have a cuppa with me any time they like. It’s in the Quadrant. Genuine offer.

MalcSB

MalcSB

Are we nomadic , or political refugees?

bawtryneal

He says he will meet me as long as he knows my name. The fact there without ID I could pick any name seems odd and as I’ll say my name if I shake his hand as I do if I meet anyone is even odder

What are the betting odds on him not turning up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread