Ask Neil (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usskyblue

He's already said people on here have no credibility, I wouldn't worry

176624d1477675175-journalists-new-victims-sweet-irony.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

The more this stadium debacle drags on, the more I think the Sky Blue Trust is aloof and unrepresentative.

Their agenda, to me, comes across as more anti-SISU than Pro-Coventry City and the two are not inherently the same.

In my view, they should take more actions to scrutinise the Council and Wasps. We were told dropping legals would allow us to stay at the RICOH. Legals have been dropped, yet we’re exiled to St Andrews for next season. The Sky Blues Trust are not asking the right questions to the right people to any of the parties involved.

That’s my two pence. Feel free to quote it if need be.

skysblue

Neil White from the Trust has agreed to meet with me at SA at the first game

I have to say he doesn’t seem to like me and has low expectations. Neil thinks only 6 or 10 people seem to oppose the trust stance

I would like a collation of views and proposed actions from fans here so I can present these to Neil

I am especially interested in people’s view to protests at wasps matches statements against wasps etc but I will have balance the opinions.

Neil is very interested in number of responses so the more the merrier
They should be focused on removing the London Franchised Rugby club from the stadium built for CCFC & supporting Sky Blues where ever there are until there gone.

ccfchoi87

I assume the trust organised the two marches which were extremely well observed. Hopefully they can arrange more like that in the future directed at the right parties.

kg82

Neil White from the Trust has agreed to meet with me at SA at the first game

I have to say he doesn’t seem to like me and has low expectations. Neil thinks only 6 or 10 people seem to oppose the trust stance

I would like a collation of views and proposed actions from fans here so I can present these to Neil

I am especially interested in people’s view to protests at wasps matches statements against wasps etc but I will have balance the opinions.

Neil is very interested in number of responses so the more the merrier

Any other forum you can put this up on? Maybe on Twitter and/or Facebook? I’m just thinking about any excuses about replies you get (it’s only SBT, you only got opinions from one source etc).

pipkin73

Can you ask him why the trust unfollowed me on twitter once I sent them an iPhone note screenshot asking them to set up a demonstration against the council for rolling out the red carpet to a rugby club from London off the back off selling their football club down the river and the amount of local businesses that will lose trade through cov not being there.
Well show us the screen shot and we might get behind you.

peace ndlovu

They need to hold the council to account for their underhand and duplicitous behaviour. It was the council who had at least a moral responsibility to consider CCFC and existing fans and supporters, not necessarily wasps who saw an opportunity and took it. If they can get wasps to fuck off while they are at it, even the better.
Absolutely.
The owners of Wasps clearly did not fall out of the scrupulous tree. They obviously do not understand the bond between a sporting entity and the community in which it resides. Theirs or ours.
But the council, they’re on a different level of cuntishness.
In their haste to get one over Sisu, they have caused severe and possibly permanent damage to the club we love - and one of the few things about the city that is internationally recognized.
If the trust do not determinedly lobby the city council to accept some responsibility for this mess (and to come up with some strategies to improve the situation) then they might as well admit they’re pointless and fold.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

6-10 people? @CJ_covblaze is actually on the board and he hates Wasps - maybe request why CJ is ignored.

Further to this:
1) The Trust organised well run marches. Showing they do have the appetite, influence and logistical know how in organising things

2) Demos against SISU shouldn’t stop - it’s important that they get a long term solution sorted be it at the Ricoh or a new stadium

3) Wasps should be condemned as a franchise club - trust backed boycott of the Ricoh until they drop their Ridiculous terms on indemnification - stop with the PR bullshit put their cards on the table what they actually want from the deal.

Also boycott local businesses on order to get them to put pressure on the council/wasps

4) Maybe do a study on local business and what the expected impact is - take that to the council, Wasps and even SISU. 230k missing on Saturdays will make a difference

I doubt the trust will change their stance. They don’t even listen to their board members of what CJ is to go by.

If they really think only 6 people don’t back their stance they need to renew the memberships to get a real idea on how many people really agree with them

Calista

Grendel you want to pass on a range of views, which is a good thing, so here are mine in a nutshell.

Over the years I’ve generally been sympathetic to the Council’s stance on SISU, and I haven’t felt any great antagonism to Wasps, who I regard as a South East franchise which has turned itself into a West Midlands franchise. Rugby doesn’t interest me much, but top level sport in Coventry seems to have been enjoyed by quite a few people.

I want CCFC to get back to a respectable status in English football (Championship as a minimum), and to enjoy big occasions watching the Sky Blues again. I also want the stadium to thrive. But if the Council and Wasps thought they had a plan to bring about “regime change” at CCFC, clearly it is completely failing, and the childish games have to stop. The stadium sale is now being scrutinised by the EU, and preventing CCFC from playing at the Ricoh can’t stop that.

I don’t get the apparent acceptance (bordering on enthusiasm) on here for playing at St. Andrews. For me, “home” games in Birmingham are an absolute disaster and I really don’t think I can persuade myself to go. So I am desperate for a deal to allow us play at the Ricoh, and I’d like the Trust to apply maximum pressure on Wasps and the Council to enable that, using any means possible.

Sadly I think it’s going to take many years to get any sort of resolution, but meanwhile CCFC simply have to be allowed to fulfil their primary purpose – to put football matches on in Coventry.

Pete in Portugal

The more this stadium debacle drags on, the more I think the Sky Blue Trust is aloof and unrepresentative.

Their agenda, to me, comes across as more anti-SISU than Pro-Coventry City and the two are not inherently the same.

In my view, they should take more actions to scrutinise the Council and Wasps. We were told dropping legals would allow us to stay at the RICOH. Legals have been dropped, yet we’re exiled to St Andrews for next season. The Sky Blues Trust are not asking the right questions to the right people to any of the parties involved.

That’s my two pence. Feel free to quote it if need be.

That's pretty much my view too. I think the Trust urgently needs to re-engage with it's members and ensure that it's stance and actions more accurately reflects members views.

Nick

Administrator
He doesn’t like you either

OSB58 also doesn't have any credibility either apparently so I wouldn't take it to heart. ;)

The biggest question really is:

"Do the Trust have any interest in finding out why fans don't feel represented and trying to fix this?"

Getting an ex newspaper editor to try and spin and bullshit people without seemingly knowing much about what's gone on isn't going to do much for that.

Grendel

OSB58 also doesn't have any credibility either apparently so I wouldn't take it to heart. ;)

"Do the Trust have any interest in finding out why fans don't feel represented and trying to fix this?"

Getting an ex newspaper editor to try and spin and bullshit people without seemingly knowing much about what's gone on isn't going to do much for that.

Yes OSB and his views don’t count either

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Fair play for doing this Grendel. My views on the trust would be that they are no longer seen by me as a Pro-Coventry City group but an anti-SISU group. I don't see what else they possibly bring to the party, which in its nature is ridiculous given what they are meant to stand for. We all wish for new owners and I think most of us have come to terms with there isn't a lot we can do about that until they want to leave, however, the council have had a lasting and more damaging effect for the long-term future of the club, yet the Trust are 'bezzies' with both them and Wasps. Two of the three major players in the whole scenario, and the only one they are not, is the one that actually has control over the football club. While they are recruiting people to the board like David Johnson they will never have any credibility with me. It's a laughing stock how you can have someone who has declared they're done with the football club at the end of the season being appointed to the Fan's voice by the start of the next season. For me, they're not fit for purpose and it's probably better for all that it ceases to exist and disbands.

Grendel

What I will do is try and summarise some of input into a word document and possibly do some polls as the view is it’s only two or three people on here

The twitter gang are now saying the Facebook group (whatever the hell that is) has 16,000 members so stands for real fans

I’ve tried to point out it sounds a lot and there are bound to be multiple accounts. That’s illegal apparently they’ve shown me the Facebook rules - I said I have 7 - what i mean is technically I’ve access to several sites which promote some business and other groups so I could stick them on this group.

I think orca is reporting me to Interpol as this seems above his level of comprehension

If I’m going to be be deported for Facebook crimes I’ll let you all know

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Shouldnt be about personalities it should be about actions and knowledge. Really not bothered by his assessment of my credibility, I have demonstrated enough knowledge and understanding of this saga over the years. I have nothing to prove to anyone

Can i ask is this a chat with Neil between two supporters or with Neil as a representative of the Trust Board ? You see I don't see how he can speak for the Board if he has never been to a Board meeting. The best he can do is gather information & opinion to report back to the Board, he can't provide answers other than his own opinion which may or may not match the rest of the Board members

That is not to say that most of these kind of questions above are not ones that should be put to the Trust as a whole

Last edited:

hill83

What I will do is try and summarise some of input into a word document and possibly do some polls as the view is it’s only two or three people on here

The twitter gang are now saying the Facebook group (whatever the hell that is) has 16,000 members so stands for real fans

I’ve tried to point out it sounds a lot and there are bound to be multiple accounts. That’s illegal apparently they’ve shown me the Facebook rules - I said I have 7 - what i mean is technically I’ve access to several sites which promote some business and other groups so I could stick them on this group.

I think orca is reporting me to Interpol as this seems above his level of comprehension

If I’m going to be be deported for Facebook crimes I’ll let you all know

I’m a member of the Facebook group. My comment about this place being referred to as one entity stands for Facebook and twitter as well.

As for multiple Facebook accounts, my dads got 5 as he keeps forgetting his passwords.

mark82

There are 7500 members on here, but suspect this place is (bizarrely) more representative of a wider view. I'm a member on Facebook but generally ignore it because it's dominated by a shouty few.

Nick

Administrator
Shouldnt be about personalities it should be about actions and knowledge. Really not bothered by his assessment of my credibility, I have demonstrated enough knowledge and understanding of this saga over the years. I have nothing to prove to anyone

Can i ask is this a chat with Neil between two supporters or with Neil as a representative of the Trust Board ? You see I don't see how he can speak for the Board if he has never been to a Board meeting. The best he can do is gather information & opinion to report back to the Board, he can't provide answers other than his own opinion which may or may not match the rest of the Board members

That is not to say that most these kinds of questions above are not ones that should be put to the Trust as a whole

Exactly. There is no way at all he can say who has and hasn't got credibility, especially when as soon as he starts to discuss things he shows that he has no real knowledge of the situation so far so just resorts to really random, desperate comments.

I think his point was that he wanted to discredit people who disagreed with him and the Trust so started throwing some really random, generalised statements around without really knowing what he was talking about.

If he has been taken on to do the PR, he should probably know that it isn't 2014 any more and just shouting SISU and trying to make out people are SISU lovers if they mention the council or Wasps isn't going to work.

If he is meeting as a Trust Board Member, he probably should find out a bit more first but then if he is meeting as a fan. What's the point?

Nick

Administrator
I’m a member of the Facebook group. My comment about this place being referred to as one entity stands for Facebook and twitter as well.

As for multiple Facebook accounts, my dads got 5 as he keeps forgetting his passwords.

I thought you were every account on Twitter to be honest.

mark82

Has he actually said that personally about OSB or just generically about this site?

Grendel

That is not to say that most these kinds of questions above are not ones that should be put to the Trust as a whole

He has put himself out on twitter to get fans views and how to build trust credibility.

Unfortunately he didn’t seem to like any of the feedback other than that which fitted his mantra

Oddly having made the request he clearly has a massive problem with social media and this forum especially - we are not real people

He says he will not countenance any views unless he meets you to see you exist. I jokingly said he should open s fans surgery at St Andrews - he thought I was being serious

I will gather information and summarise. To be honest I can just send it through (which I will do anyway - I’ve got no big urge to meet) but he will just throw out - your not real I suspect

He would like you if you showed him that your passport says oldskyblue - if not your an imposter

I think in the end all that’s going to Happen Is he will say whatever I give him unless it fits into his definition of reality is it’s a view of me and a few others all of whom use silly names and are not real

clint van damme

If he's dismissing this place based on numbers then in essence he's also dismissing the likes of the Leamington and Nuneaton supporters clubs, he hasn't got off to a very good start.

Grendel

Has he actually said that personally about OSB or just generically about this site?

His not real he hides behind a silly name so his views don’t count is his view

Nick

Administrator

No he said it about online / here in general so I asked him about OSB specifically as well as the fundraiser done by people on here....

Apparently if you aren't using your full name you have no credibility, yet he doesn't seem to know some of the basics that have gone on but has his full name?

Grendel

Surely Grendel putting on a bit of a show to generate comments with the 5 or 6 people etc.

You might be more liked as you’ve got a real name and photo - but you could of course be lots of the other people as well

Nick

Administrator
If he's dismissing this place based on numbers then in essence he's also dismissing the likes of the Leamington and Nuneaton supporters clubs, he hasn't got off to a very good start.

It was more because it was online, he has also tried to discredit based on Twitter followers.

Grendel

He likes the views of Ginetta as he uses his name on there and some bloke could Rob from Lincolnshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread