Ashley Cain cycling for cancer. (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was watching an extended interview on GMB this morning with Ashley Cain, who is cycling across Europe to raise money for children's Cancer, after he lost his own daughter tragically.
I think he used to play for us . The name rang a bell.
What a great cause and a bloody decent thing to do. Top bloke.

Skyblueweeman

Yeah, he played for us a bit from 2008 I think.

Having cycled from Lands End to John O'Groats, I can tell you how hard it is not only physically, but mentally. Kudos to him if he's cycling across Europe. Great cause as well.

lacesoutdom

he came through the academy if i remember rightly, he did so well with his previous cycling challenge, wishing him all the best for his next one too, great cause.

NorthernWisdom

Eh, the lad loses his daughter to cancer and decides to do a charity cycle ride to raise money for a cancer charity. What doesn't sit right about that?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
There were some claims a couple of years back. He denies them. I guess this is it.

Nick

Administrator
Eh, the lad loses his daughter to cancer and decides to do a charity cycle ride to raise money for a cancer charity. What doesn't sit right about that?

It has a Captain Tom whiff about it.

covmark

Grendel

Thanks. Seems like a rumour, and if its a false one, then what shit to go through on top of what they've already been through.

The problem I guess is transparency- the money raised was supposed to go to the child but now has been placed into a charity which as of yet no accounts are available

when individuals set large charities up there’s a grey area often. The captain Tom foundation is one but the mccanns used a lot of the funds to pay their living expenses including their mortgage.

It’s a case of wait for see where the money is when the accounts are up for audit

Grendel

Isn't Ashley Cain really wealthy through being a social media influencer or something like that?
I don't follow these things but someone told me he was.

i think he lives in Nuneaton . Agent works overtime for him though

SBT

Isn't Ashley Cain really wealthy through being a social media influencer or something like that?
I don't follow these things but someone told me he was.

The guy has 1.8 million followers on Instagram for some reason, so I assume you can monetise that somehow. Whether it’s enough to be called really wealthy, I don’t know.

pusbccfc

Some absolutely bollocks on this thread man. Embarrassing.

The bloke was a jack the lad for years and made a career sleeping with women and causing chaos on shows like Ex on the beach.

He then got into a relationship and had a child who was terminally ill. Completely changed him and his life. He and his now ex partner spend their days raising awareness and fundraising. Something like that hits you. You only have to see his documentation of it.

Cain ran five marathons in five days last month in different cities around the UK.

He's made a good whack of money and owns property. He doesn't need to pocket charity money for children suffering like his did.

pusbccfc

The guy has 1.8 million followers on Instagram for some reason, so I assume you can monetise that somehow. Whether it’s enough to be called really wealthy, I don’t know.

Yep, would take in hundreds of thousands a year through sponsorship on that alone. That's alongside earnings from TV.

I believe he had a big payout from his contract abroad when he was forced to retire.

hill83

The bloke was a jack the lad for years and made a career sleeping with women and causing chaos on shows like Ex on the beach.

He then got into a relationship and had a child who was terminally ill. Completely changed him and his life. He and his now ex partner spend their days raising awareness and fundraising. Something like that hits you. You only have to see his documentation of it.

Cain ran five marathons in five days last month in different cities around the UK.

He's made a good whack of money and owns property. He doesn't need to pocket charity money for children suffering like his did.

From the bloke who runs the forum no less

Nick

Administrator
Yep, would take in hundreds of thousands a year through sponsorship on that alone. That's alongside earnings from TV.

I believe he had a big payout from his contract abroad when he was forced to retire.

Really?

You do realise the property in all his social media wasn't his?

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Is he the guy that married a “dancer” from heat?

nowt to do with his fundraising of course, just someone who knows them both said it ages ago.

fernandopartridge

To be fair the Captain Tom family were relatively well off as well, need does not drive this behaviour

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

While this is in no way relatable to this case, don't assume just because people don't need money that they don't want it, or that those that have money won't do bad things for more.

Robert Maxwell owned a yacht. Didn't stop him stealing from his employee's pension fund.

pusbccfc

While this is in no way relatable to this case, don't assume just because people don't need money that they don't want it, or that those that have money won't do bad things for more.

Robert Maxwell owned a yacht. Didn't stop him stealing from his employee's pension fund.

He's also lost his baby. Puts things into perspective.

Skybluedownunder

Ash’s followers grew at an enormous rate when his daughter was battling, people wanted to keep close with the story and follow it through. He already had a lot of followers from multiple series of ex on the beach.

I grew up with Ash, he is a very well driven guy. If anyone thinks wrong of him in this charity you are very wrong and keep those opinions to yourself. What the guy has gone through is torture and to then think bad of the good somebody does raising money so they don’t have to do what he did is awful thoughts. Ash had a big following which was a blessing in his attempts to raise money but he did it with sheer hard work and determination. In everything he does he gives it 150%

He’s done DJ’ing, TV, Football, Athletics, MMA, bobsleigh… the guy is a fucking machine. I used to run for Nuneaton Harriers with him in our youth at the guy was like No2 in England for his age at 100m sprint at like 14. He was doing it in 10.6 seconds. He was a tank even at 14.

Support the guy, he’s one of our own and is a great role model for many that shows what true grit and determination will do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Where he got the money from the cars and set up businesses. He used to brag about his wealth when playing non-league.
His business that was in loads of debt?

You think he owned all the super cars?

I hope my gut feeling is wrong and I'm being over cynical, it would mean loads of poorly kids are being saved!

Last edited:

shmmeee

Ash’s followers grew at an enormous rate when his daughter was battling, people wanted to keep close with the story and follow it through. He already had a lot of followers from multiple series of ex on the beach.

I grew up with Ash, he is a very well driven guy. If anyone thinks wrong of him in this charity you are very wrong and keep those opinions to yourself. What the guy has gone through is torture and to then think bad of the good somebody does raising money so they don’t have to do what he did is awful thoughts. Ash had a big following which was a blessing in his attempts to raise money but he did it with sheer hard work and determination. In everything he does he gives it 150%

He’s done DJ’ing, TV, Football, Athletics, MMA, bobsleigh… the guy is a fucking machine. I used to run for Nuneaton Harriers with him in our youth at the guy was like No2 in England for his age at 100m sprint at like 14. He was doing it in 10.6 seconds. He was a tank even at 14.

Support the guy, he’s one of our own and is a great role model for many that shows what true grit and determination will do

Morning Ash

pusbccfc

Unfortunately, due to the odd issues with the likes of the Capt Tom charity, people assume all charities act like that.

Users who are viewing this thread