Ashes (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Aussie number 11 - 19 year old on his debut

59 so far off 55 balls including 2 sixes

came in with aussies trailing by 80 0dd, now just 10 behind

nice debut

I'mARealWizard

I believe that the highest successful second innings total chase is around 260-ish at this ground. Hence there feeling that 300 should be OK. Should be.

But yes I'm hoping that we get a wicket in the next hour or less. I've got to be up early tomorrow and it's already past my bed time!

One good thing though, we've got the sky commentary team providing the incidental chatter.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I believe that the highest successful second innings total chase is around 260-ish at this ground. Hence there feeling that 300 should be OK. Should be.

But yes I'm hoping that we get a wicket in the next hour or less. I've got to be up early tomorrow and it's already past my bed time!

One good thing though, we've got the sky commentary team providing the incidental chatter.

Maybe but in modern cricket 300 to be chased down over 1 and a half days should be child's play.

Covstu

hangs in the balance this one! Great test match so far, we need to start sharp and take an early wicket tomorrow.

Brighton Sky Blue

How come they not playing a test at warwickshire's ground,or are they playing one at northants instead.

First time in as long as I can remember that Edgbaston hasn't been given an Ashes game-a big shame too as England usually do well there. Opening at Trent Bridge is another odd one.

Grendel

Evenly poised-as long as Haddin and Agar are both at the crease then it's Australia's to lose.

No team has recorded a total that large to winning at Trent bridge when batting fourth. History will not be made tomorrow.

Brighton Sky Blue

No team has recorded a total that large to winning at Trent bridge when batting fourth. History will not be made tomorrow.

No Number 11 has hit 98 in a Test but it still happened. It's still very winnable for Australia and 130 odd more runs isn't a comfortable cushion.

speedie87

As long as we don't take the new ball until they are 8 down we should be ok.

I am getting flash backs to edgbaston 05 though, that Sunday morning almost killed me off

Grendel

Fecking knew it.

We have plenty and I think will still win. However it's been a disastrous bowling performance by England. To lose means they will have allowed the last wicket in both innings to score 240 runs taking only one wicket.

That is pathetic. If you are saying 311 isn't enough against this batting lime up then what you really are dating is we have a shocking bowling line up. Finn has been poor and the field placements dubious. It's been shocking to watch.

Brighton Sky Blue

We have plenty and I think will still win. However it's been a disastrous bowling performance by England. To lose means they will have allowed the last wicket in both innings to score 240 runs taking only one wicket.

That is pathetic. If you are saying 311 isn't enough against this batting lime up then what you really are dating is we have a shocking bowling line up. Finn has been poor and the field placements dubious. It's been shocking to watch.

It is indeed pathetic and summed up by Broad's time wasting just before lunch. Countless times now Cook has allowed the bottom order batsmen to rack up decent scores and Finn is having a nightmare. Anderson and Swann are doing well as they're the only ones trying to take wickets but right now 20 should easily be within reach.

Cook takes the blame in my view.

Grendel

It is indeed pathetic and summed up by Broad's time wasting just before lunch. Countless times now Cook has allowed the bottom order batsmen to rack up decent scores and Finn is having a nightmare. Anderson and Swann are doing well as they're the only ones trying to take wickets but right now 20 should easily be within reach.

Cook takes the blame in my view.

Cook is a fine batsman but looks a poor captain. Plenty of great players (botham, gower, boycott) made bad captains. England should have won this game by 100+ runs. They have looked complacent and poor. Anderson I think may still get them out of jail but its been desperate to watch.

Brighton Sky Blue

Cook is a fine batsman but looks a poor captain. Plenty of great players (botham, gower, boycott) made bad captains. England should have won this game by 100+ runs. They have looked complacent and poor. Anderson I think may still get them out of jail but its been desperate to watch.

No doubting that, perhaps we struck lucky with Strauss and Vaughan.

stupot07

We have relied predominantly on the skill of our players than any tactical nous from the captain. Very happy with the result of course but Anderson bailed us out.

Yep, jimmy bailed us out today with his brilliance. I'd bring Onions in for Finn in the next game.

speedie87

Finn was definitely targeted by the Aussies. Would I play him at lords? Probably yes, just because its his home ground.

The one player I'm not having at the moment is Bairstow

stupot07

Finn was definitely targeted by the Aussies. Would I play him at lords? Probably yes, just because its his home ground.

The one player I'm not having at the moment is Bairstow

I like Finn but he gives too many runs away, I know onions had a terrible injury but I think he has been harshly treated given how good he was pre injury, then took tons of wickets last season including 9 in an innings (plus a run out) vs Nottinghamshire. He will keep it tight and bowl wicket to wicket, but I imagine Finn will keep his place.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yep, jimmy bailed us out today with his brilliance. I'd bring Onions in for Finn in the next game.

Think Finn just had a bad day at the office-he deserves another shot at it I reckon. To be honest it'd have helped us an awful lot had we not batted so appallingly in the first innings.

stupot07

Think Finn just had a bad day at the office-he deserves another shot at it I reckon. To be honest it'd have helped us an awful lot had we not batted so appallingly in the first innings.

That's true and awful collapse.

It's not a knee jerk about Finn, I have thought it since he broke through, reminds me of Jimmy when he broke through into the test team, and time playing county cricket helped him get more consistent.

Last edited:

Grendel

Bresnan will be in on Thursday for Finn. It means a better tail in the batting as well.

stupot07

Bresnan will be in on Thursday for Finn. It means a better tail in the batting as well.

Yep Bresnan will get the nod, but personally I'd go with onions...theoretically with broad and swann at 8 and 9 we should already have a decent tail.

Users who are viewing this thread