Arsenal v Chelsea in Baku (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

It seems that trouble may have started already. A Chelsea supporter is in hospital with head injuries.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Chelsea to win for me,They always seem to find a way to win a cup final

Alkhen

For all those who havent got BT sport:

BT are showing both European finals live on their YouTube channel for free. I think there is even a 4K feed on there for anyone with a smart TV

BT Sport

clint van damme

Arsenal supporters being checked to see if they have Mkhitaryan's name on their tops, UEFA have made a right fuck up here.

Otis

Or maybe not, upon reading the report.

Could be authorities political stance.

clint van damme

Why are the police checking a name on a fans shirt?

because Mkhitaryan's Armenian.
Apparently nothing has happened to those they've stopped but it's scandalous that Arsenal can't play a player because of is nationality and fans are having their tops checked to see if his names on it.

Gazolba

Some unrest in the Chelsea camp. Sarri so frustrated he kicked his cap.
The ironic thing is he was frustrated with the number of photographers, so he kicked his cap and they photographed him doing it.
Sarri-Cap.jpg

skyblue1991

Atmosphere reminds me of when we were at Sixfields!

Imagine fans of both clubs having to fly from London then either having to drive 50 hours or take a 12 hour train to Baku...

I wonder if anyone on this forum would do it if we were in that position?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Imagine fans of both clubs having to fly from London then either having to drive 50 hours or take a 12 hour train to Baku...

If Cov got to a European final plenty would make the journey. Same for any smaller club with no major trophies for a long time

I guess Chelsea fans aren't that arsed as they have won the Champions League fairly recently

Arsenal have a few thousand more fans there. Such a shite venue, I'd get it if it was about spreading football to the locals but seeing as kick off was past 11pm that wasn't their agenda

skyblue1991

If Cov got to a European final plenty would make the journey. Same for any smaller club with no major trophies for a long time

My point wasnt Cov getting to a European Final, of course loads would go if hosted in Spain, France, Germany etc...

Do you honestly think loads would go if Cov were playing in Baku?

Frank Sidebottom

Depends on the context.... for Cov fans it would likely be the only European final we would ever be likely to see our club in. So wouldn't be surprised to see is at least sell our allocation but for Arsenal and Chelsea fans it's a Mickey mouse cup.... they'll probably each play in another European final in the next 20 years a bit closer to home.
I'd probably have booked a 10 day holiday around Antalya myself and then flew over for the final half way through all paid for by simply betting £10 that Cov would make it to the final.

chiefdave

If anyone thought the authorities still give a shit about fans this final tells you everything you need to know.

They can't even claim it makes a good spectacle on TV. There's no atmosphere, empty seats and you can't even see the fans who have managed to get there as they're so far from the pitch.

Grendel

My point wasnt Cov getting to a European Final, of course loads would go if hosted in Spain, France, Germany etc...

Each club only got 6,000 tickets so no

Alkhen

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

]

Yeah I know what you meant and my point was more would make the effort as it would be a freak occurrence for us.

I would for sure, take a loan or something. The last time we technically qualified for Europe we were robbed of the chance due to the UK ban so I'd love to see Cov in Europe

Users who are viewing this thread