Armstrong (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Gazolba

We wont see Armstrong playing for us ever again. This season was our season to use him to help us get promoted and we blew it. We also should have drafted in Thomas and Sambou much earlier.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Armstrong was interviewed as he collected various player of the season awards.

Harry Roberts asked him how he'd enjoyed the year and he said (my paraphrase) that he'd been a bit nervous at the start as it was his first loan, but that he'd really enjoyed it and would be "happy to stay here forever".

My interpretation (for what it's worth) was that it was a genuine emotional response to the fact that he'd had a happy year here, rather than some indication that there was some deal to keep him here.

Joe Cole was also interviewed as man of the match and said that nothing was sorted for him for next year yet, but that he was meeting the club this week and that it was possible that he might be here next year.

Nick

Administrator
It would be good if Joe Cole was, he has been much better since he has been in the deeper centre midfield role rather than the wing so he can control the game a bit more!

stupot07

Given his form the last few games, I would love for Cole to sign on for one more year, suits that deeper role and finally looks fit, he ran his nuts off on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Given his form the last few games, I would love for Cole to sign on for one more year, suits that deeper role and finally looks fit, he ran his nuts off on Saturday.

my only concern would be how long it took him to get up to speed after the close season. But you're right. He's looked fantastic in that deeper role.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't help when Mowbray was playing him out wide.

KG7

I agree, Cole is proving himself to be an excellent signing and could really have made the difference in this position in those key games against Walsall and Burton where he could have helped us keep control of the games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread