Armstrong (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

If Newcastle manage to stay up does anyone think we could get Armstrong back for next season or would you prefer a new striker given Armstrongs lack of goals during the second half of the season.

watching Armstrong the last 6/7 games he certainly doesnt seem the Armstrong of old but then again neither did the team until yesterday.

personally Id have him back for another season as I think hes a class striker who I think being a kid found a full season and the pressure of being the main striker a little to much when things started to go wrong with the team

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'm sure Newcastle & Armstrong will want him to be tested in the championship, so can see him going there, would imagine he'll get pre season around the Newcastle first team squad as they'll want to see what he about.

Can't see him dropping down to league 1 again.

Terry Gibson's perm

He might get tested at Newcastle in the championship yet they are far from safe. He needs lots of chances at the moment still and when they dried up here so did the goals

D

Deleted member 2477

I think if they manage to stay up then theres a chance of having him next season. If they go down i think theres no chance as they will want him to be part of their squad for the championship

D

Deleted member 2477

If we have any chance next season we need a striker who can get 20 goals

cmoncity

I thought he was poor yesterday...he looked like he didnt want to be out there at all. Really think hes burnt himself right out.To much football in a season for him? He just didnt seem full of energy like he had before. Would love him back just not sure hed come back. Hope TM has already spoke about it with him but who knows.Thanks for great times Arma.

stupot07

I'm sure Newcastle & Armstrong will want him to be tested in the championship, so can see him going there, would imagine he'll get pre season around the Newcastle first team squad as they'll want to see what he about.

Can't see him dropping down to league 1 again.
Completely agree. He's not coming back to league one next season.

If they go down he'll be in and around their first team squad, if they stay up he'll go out on loan again but to the championship, from newcastles point of view it would be pointless sending hkm back here, for his development they'll want him tested at a higher level.

We need to say thank you and move on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jas365

Completely agree. He's not coming back to league one next season.

If they go down he'll be in and around their first team squad, if they stay up he'll go out on loan again but to the championship, from newcastles point of view it would be pointless sending hkm back here, for his development they'll want him tested at a higher level.

We need to say thank you and move on.

This.

The Lurker

He got found out 2nd half of the season. He's got potential but is a sulker when things don't go his way which will be his downfall

Pipehitterz

It was obvious that he had ran out of steam as he had the whole team on his shoulders in his very first season in proper Football.
George Thomas should have been blooded in earlier, and let armstrong have alternate weeks off.
We're now sitting in a position where george is probably way off being Good enough and possibly being our only goal scorer next year.
The budget will be being spent on defenders and midfield players seeing as they're the ones out of contract

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's a bit frustrating that we couldn't have used him more to our advantage while we had him, as I think we'll struggle to get anyone in that's as good as him for a while.

I don't really blame him for a lack of goals at the back end of the season, he thrived earlier on when he has players putting balls into him. Mowbray's passing style was then corrupted by picking players that didn't really fit in with that. So many games he was given nothing.

As the above have said, he'll go to a championship team I'm sure, and I'll think he'll do well. It's not going to be us, but may be Newcastle still if they get relegated.

ceetee

I think he's played too much football and it shows.

I analysed his goals. He scored in 11 games, and in 7 of them scored 2 or more.

More telling was that the only goal he scored when we lost was a penalty.

Not sure whether that tells us anything about him or the way the team plays with him.

Samo

It was obvious that he had ran out of steam as he had the whole team on his shoulders in his very first season in proper Football.
George Thomas should have been blooded in earlier, and let armstrong have alternate weeks off.
We're now sitting in a position where george is probably way off being Good enough and possibly being our only goal scorer next year.
The budget will be being spent on defenders and midfield players seeing as they're the ones out of contract

You think TM won't be signing any strikers???

SkyBlue_Bear83

Aren't Tudgay, Henderson and Fortune out of contract?

no_loyalty

If Newcastle stay up, I think Arma will go on loan to a Championship club, probably Sunderland or Norwich

Samo

i dont think this is wherewe'll strengthen
just my opinion mind

You think TM will go with just Thomas who will be our only contracted forward? Really? And why, pray tell, do you think he would do that?

clint van damme

you think we won't sign another striker in the summer?

D

Deleted member 2477

If we cant score you dont win. Simple and a big reason we slumped after xmas.
if we dont sign a couple of decent strikers we have no chance

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps we should get clark from bury. Dont like the bloke but he knows where the net is

J

Jack Griffin

you think we won't sign another striker in the summer?

I think the squad needs a big experienced striker on a 1 year deal and if possible Tudgay to resign. That offers a bit of stability.

Otherwise I think the attack will be spearheaded by young starlets from Premier League sides, lets hope we get the next Dele Alli!

Getting another midfielder 'like' Rose would be handy, mid 20's big & strong, with a decent engine, can play more forward and score a few goals. Doesn't have to be flash just very competitive at this level.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2477

Lets hope fleck re signs as hes the work horse going forward in our midfield

rupert_bear

Mowbray should have drafted a partner in for him the day the January transfer window opened, he didn't, Armstrong struggled, we struggled, rubbish team management.

KG7

I saw Kev Monks posted an article saying Arma had indicated he wanted to stay with us in an award ceremony after the game. Was anyone else privy to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ccfcway

I saw Kev Monks posted an article saying Arma had indicated he wanted to stay with us in an award ceremony after the game. Was anyone else privy to this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he wanted to stay with us this season, or he wants to stay with us for next season ?

chiefdave

What was after the game? Would just be the normal MOTM stuff wouldn't it. You would need to hear what he said and in what context. If he knows he's not ready for the Newcastle first team (assuming they stay up) and has a preference to come back here then Mowbray needs to get onto it ASAP.

However I suspect it was more an off hand I've liked it here and I'd come back anytime kind of comment.

stupot07

Agree with Dave, he was probably asked by in front of thr fans if he would like to stay, he's hardly going to say no. He won't be back next season, he'll be in the championship either with Newcastle or on loan.

bawtryneal

Mowbray should have drafted a partner in for him the day the January transfer window opened, he didn't, Armstrong struggled, we struggled, rubbish team management.

Not if there was no money in the pot. They had already overspent on the budget agreed.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not if there was no money in the pot. They had already overspent on the budget agreed.

Hunt, Henderson, Ramage all came in after the loan renewal didn't they?

Personally for me the answer could have been closer to home & that Tudgay should have got more game time.

Users who are viewing this thread