Armstrong staying (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The lad's 18 years old. Can't see what could be better for his development than having a full season starting in a side that is doing well + working with an experienced manager.

Its not too far fetched that if they let him stay he ends up with a L1 winners medal and is the divisions top scorer. If, as seems likely, Newcastle are in the Championship next season he'd be going into their side sky high on confidence.

And if they somehow manage to stay up we'll have him back next season for a year at a higher level :p

D

Deleted member 4439

Cisse cock-up, just now vs Liverpool: Armstrong would've probably nailed it. Anymore of this, and it's a recall.

Otis

Cisse cock-up, just now vs Liverpool: Armstrong would've probably nailed it. Anymore of this, and it's a recall.
Shush, keep your voice down.

Armstrong would have fluffed that chance just the same as he always fluffs pretty much every chance he gets.

ccfc92

Armstrong isn't Newcastle's answer. At the minute at least. He may get the odd goal or two, but I believe AA has done well with us because we are making chances.

Newcastle play defensively with 1 up top, they don't play free flowing attacking football that AA thrives off.

Not just for ourselves, but for AA's benefit, he needs to stay here and develop. A recall to Newcastle in a relegation fight could be disastrous for his development and future. IMO.

Otis

Don't worry. Own goal is going to save their skin.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

To be honest, this had Newcastle win all over it
Agree. Well, not ALL over it, but for me it looked likely.

Fans demanded a performance from them today and my money was on a Newcastle win.

Not over yet though.

ccfc92

Agree. Well,not all over it, but for me it looked likely.

Fans demanded a performance from them today and my money was on a win.

Not over yet though.

Naturally, I betted on Liverpoool :pointlaugh:

ccfc92

I just mean the whole hype :

"Liverpool amazing away"

"Liverpool to win 4-0+"

"Newcastle have no chance"

Otis

Newcastle treating it like a FA Cup tie and in those games it can be quite a leveller. Battling and fighting for every ball today and that always leaves you in with a shout.

ccfc92

Newcastle treating it like a FA Cup tie and in those games it can be quite a leveller. Battling and fighting for every ball today and that always leaves you in with a shout.

That's all they've done to be fair. And fair play to Newcastle.

Otis

You have to feel sorry for Bournemouth. Amazing win yesterday at Chelsea that must have left them on cloud 9 and those 3 points they earned took them out of the relegation zone.

They now find themselves back in the bottom 3.

Otis

Or maybe that's wrong. Checked the BBC table and I thought that was before today's game, but it must have been an as it stands table.

ccfc92

You have to feel sorry for Bournemouth. Amazing win yesterday at Chelsea that must have left them on cloud 9 and those 3 points they earned took them out of the relegation zone.

They now find themselves back in the bottom 3.

I'm not so sure Otis, I saw the town of Bournemouth change from Chelsea fans to Bournemouth fans last night.....

Sky Blue Harry H

Surely there is no way back for Villa???

You wouldn't think so. but an average /reasonable run from any of the bottom 3 would put pressure on Bournemouth, Swansea - can't really see those teams just above the current bottom 3 picking up a lot of points to open up much of a gap. Villa do need something of a minor miracle. Not sure what's happened at Swansea. Used to be very good at home. See Jonjo Shelvey wasn't playing v Fester (but not injured). Fall out with manager?

Otis

Surely there is no way back for Villa???
Villa have a reasonable run of games coming up.

They have Arsenal H which will be very tough, but then Newcastle A, West Ham H, Norwich A, Sunderland A, Palace at H.

Certainly not the hardest run on paper.

covcity4life

They have Arsenal H which will be very tough, but then Newcastle A, West Ham H, Norwich A, Sunderland A, Palace at H.

There is more money in prem than ever. You have cabye at palace ,wijnaldum at Newcastle, payet at whu, a d shair at stoke. All wouldn't be out of place in top 6 teams

With Sunderland being a derby I cannot see any easy games there. But today's win will be a huge boost.

Villa have a shit squad and unless reinforce in Jan they will probably go down

stupot07

I'd say West Ham (6th) and Palace (8th) are difficult games too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

I'd say West Ham (6th) and Palace (8th) are difficult games too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Yep, could well prove to be, but they haven't got Man U or Liverpool, or Man City or Man U, or Spurs.

Not trying to say they have easy games, just that their coming fixtures could be a lot tougher.

letsallsingtogether

Yep, could well prove to be, but they haven't got Man U or Liverpool, or Man City or Man U, or Spurs.

Not trying to say they have easy games, just that their coming fixtures could be a lot tougher.
But they would probably beat those teams Prem is wide open this season, everyone beatin g everyone ......
Except for The Vile that is:)

Users who are viewing this thread