Armstrong staying (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Right there's too many people liking my post now. I don't really think I talk bollocks and you lot are bullies.

Like to post ratio is rather like saying if you reach number one in the singles charts you are the best musician in that time frame.

If you don't believe me I suggest you "shaddup your face"

Greggs

Loads of try-hard's on this post, cringe worthy!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I've also heard similar from someone who would know certain things, nothing is certain but I'd say it's more likely he stays than goes. Newcastle are very happy with how he's doing here and he's very happy to be here. He also has a very good relationship with Mowbray.

So you know someone who knows 'certain' things, but also say this isn't 'certain'. So does this person know this 'certain' thing or not? Because if it's not 'certain', how will they know? :thinking about:

Skyblueweeman

Like to post ratio is rather like saying if you reach number one in the singles charts you are the best musician in that time frame.

It was a light hearted comment Grandad, lighten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

Kent hasn't been called back.

He did go back. Liverpool aren't in the precarious situation Newcastle are. Luckily Liverpool don't need Kent so he was allowed back but Newcastle are shite and Arma is a striker, would he get sent back? Maybe not and even if so, probably to a championship side.

chiefdave

I think there's a danger that if Armstrong goes back it will ruin him. He's good but he's good at L1 level. Of course we can all see he can play above this level but pitching him into a team like Newcastle deep in a relegation fight with their fanbase expecting him to score for fun is a recipe for disaster.

Interesting comment from Shearer on MOTD. He said they should take a look at who does the recruiting at Newcastle rather than the manager. Fair comment really as they haven't improved in the slightest since they got shot of Pardew.

Gint11

I think there's a danger that if Armstrong goes back it will ruin him. He's good but he's good at L1 level. Of course we can all see he can play above this level but pitching him into a team like Newcastle deep in a relegation fight with their fanbase expecting him to score for fun is a recipe for disaster.

Interesting comment from Shearer on MOTD. He said they should take a look at who does the recruiting at Newcastle rather than the manager. Fair comment really as they haven't improved in the slightest since they got shot of Pardew.

I don't think Arma going back to Newcastle would ruin him at all. Why would it? People are getting a bit carried away (not referring to you). Newcastle are struggling but the Premier league is fine margins most of the time. Newcastle will improve. What would ruin him? Playing for a premier league team in front of 52,000 who are already fond of him. Look, I want him to stay but when CCFC fans say 'it will ruin him to go back' sounds bias towards our club because we have him on loan and he's firing, not because that makes sense. Mcclaren is no mug and wouldn't ruin him.

chiefdave

They won't be expecting him to go back and play a bit part, the way some of their supporters are already talking they expect him to save them almost single handedly.

Its a hell of a lot of pressure for someone who's not played at that level. Sure he could fire 20 goals and keep them up but if he doesn't score in his first two or three you know what their fans are like. They'll be right on his back. Maybe he'd thrive on the pressure but maybe not.

James Smith

i just saw 2000 plsu and 1000 plus posts so assumed i had 2;1 ratio too

matchs not my strong point

edit-nor spelling!

Don't worry you should have seen my maths earlier today at work. Trying to calculate a price without VAT and came up with a different answer each time. I eventually resorted to Excel to make sure I had the right answer.

James Smith

Midge Ure and Ultravox were robbed by that travesty of a song.

Mcbean

This +1

Next games for Newcastle:

Liverpool (h)
Spurs (a)
Vile (h)

The way they played on Saturday I am not sure that McLaren is going to make it to the Villa game let alone long enough to extend the deal... heres hoping it gets done in advance and without a recall clause!

This +2

James Smith

Surely you just divide by 1.2?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The way I was taught was to: Divide by 120 (assuming it's a 20% rated VAT item(s)) then times by 100 to get the pre VAT price. Minus that figure from the original price to get the VAT. The weird thing is that I'm normally quite quick doing this and it just seemed to be a mental block.

H

Huckerby

The way I was taught was to: Divide by 120 (assuming it's a 20% rated VAT item(s)) then times by 100 to get the pre VAT price. Minus that figure from the original price to get the VAT. The weird thing is that I'm normally quite quick doing this and it just seemed to be a mental block.

Same thing as dividing by 1.2 mate

RegTheDonk

I don't think Arma going back to Newcastle would ruin him at all. Why would it? People are getting a bit carried away (not referring to you). Newcastle are struggling but the Premier league is fine margins most of the time. Newcastle will improve. What would ruin him? Playing for a premier league team in front of 52,000 who are already fond of him. Look, I want him to stay but when CCFC fans say 'it will ruin him to go back' sounds bias towards our club because we have him on loan and he's firing, not because that makes sense. Mcclaren is no mug and wouldn't ruin him.

Those 52000 will soon turn ugly if he doesn't score. Don't forget he'll be up against alleged better defenders, and all strikers rely on service - seems fairly certain the current forwards aren't getting that. All this will knock his confidence and help "ruin" him.

I'm not fussed if Mcclaren gets the stack, you would assume either him or the next guy coming in will be allowed to spend in the transfer window - speculate to accumulate, to get them out of the shit and protect that bumper TV deal. Get in some proven quality at that level, rater than the fate of such a big team resting on a kids shoulders. Just my opinion, its all about opinions.

mechaishida

Those 52000 will soon turn ugly if he doesn't score. Don't forget he'll be up against alleged better defenders, and all strikers rely on service - seems fairly certain the current forwards aren't getting that. All this will knock his confidence and help "ruin" him.

I'm not fussed if Mcclaren gets the stack, you would assume either him or the next guy coming in will be allowed to spend in the transfer window - speculate to accumulate, to get them out of the shit and protect that bumper TV deal. Get in some proven quality at that level, rater than the fate of such a big team resting on a kids shoulders. Just my opinion, its all about opinions.

Exactly, the Toon crowd aren't renowned for their patience or even common sense sometimes; even if McClaren gets the boot, whoever comes in is hardly going to be too frantic to recall a young striker from L1 to solve his problems, is he?

To be fair, Newcastle are a very likeable team, and their fans are ok when you're not talking football, but fuck me they don't half make some idiotic managerial appointments. I wouldn't trust McClaren to open a can of beans that was already open, the guy is fickle, inconsistent and doesn't put his heart into the job.

hamil99

Facebook User
Are you the only one there? ;) I couldn't be doing with those spider monkeys nicking my camera and trying to molest my wife's hair.

Not just me, there are 30,000 other people all in 2.5 miles squared! Have to say i love it out here, pack of fags £2.50 and a decent bottle of Hennessy £19.90! The Misses and i live quite far up the rock and we havent (touch Wood) had any problems with the monkeys.

smileycov

Facebook User
Murphy is on a season long loan

I am fully aware of that!! The OP is about Arma potentially staying , hence the thought of them both NOW staying and only losing Kent...who should be replaced by Madison by then. Just a comforting idea.

wingy

fook it, i wanna keep kent too

I'm sure he's scary as hell for the opposition but without end product I'm not sure we need him
I'd prefer to make sure we're well covered at the back,alternatively another out and out striker, Samuels again possibly as we may need a shift of tactics as other teams work us out and nullify us.

tisza

The lad's 18 years old. Can't see what could be better for his development than having a full season starting in a side that is doing well + working with an experienced manager.
It would take a fairly cynical manager to bring him back to Newcastle and expose him to being the focus of attention as a local lad in a team struggling.
Besides Newcastle's problems are at the other end of the field - worst defence in PL.

J H Waters

I'm sure he's scary as hell for the opposition but without end product I'm not sure we need him
I'd prefer to make sure we're well covered at the back,alternatively another out and out striker, Samuels again possibly as we may need a shift of tactics as other teams work us out and nullify us.

The thing with young players though... They'll blow hot and cold and you never know when he could go on a streak and get 5 goals in 5 games. The ability is there, he's scored cracking goals in LFC's academy ranks. Lots. Some of this must be in his head.

rupert_bear

Really can't see Armstrong being recalled having said that I do think we need another striker if we want to push on for automatic promotion

Users who are viewing this thread