Armstrong here for the season (1 Viewer)

harvey098

At Walsall game....

"We want you to stay, we want you to stayyyyyy, Adam Armstrong, we want you to stay"

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is anyone surprised Champ clubs are in for him?
Bit of a non story really, TM quoted suggest AA & his advisors want him to stay here but it'll be down to the Newcastle hierarchy to decide if they want him to make the step up to the champ for the second half of the season.

Otis

Bit of a non story really, TM quoted suggest AA & his advisors want him to stay here but it'll be down to the Newcastle hierarchy to decide if they want him to make the step up to the champ for the second half of the season.
Yeah, can understand the interest, but he fits in with the system here, he likes it here and McLaren is happy with him here.

No guarantee it will work him going into the Championship and now look at the expectation there will be of him if he stepped up. No pressure on him when he came here cos hardly anyone had even heard of him, but now he is banging them in regularly for us, any step up will surely come with the expectation from the new club and their fans that he will bang them in regulary for them too.

Personally I would say would be best all round to leave him where he is and it would make perfect sense, but I can see why Championship clubs are looking at him as a fix/boost to their season.

Hadji10

I don't see why they would want him to step up. He's here full of confidence and well on course to hit 25 league goals. Going up to the championship it's not guaranteed he would A)Even get a starting role at that level and B) Be able to actually cut the mustard at that level at the mo.

westofrayne

At Walsall game....

"We want you to stay, we want you to stayyyyyy, Adam Armstrong, we want you to stay"

That didn't work too well with David Mcgoldrick at the away game at Stevenage a couple of games before he left. The only thing that will decide this is if Newcastle want to see if he can do it in the Championship, to me it makes more sense leaving him here to play every game he can rather than go to Champ side to possibly site on the bench, but what do I know.

skybluetony176

You'd be surprised. I suggested a while ago on here that our biggest threat to retaining Armstrong for the whole season would be championship clubs sniffing after him and I was hit with a chorus of you don't know what you're talking about type replies. So some are going to be surprised.

Last edited:

covcity4life

i have maintained he will stay all season long and got called deluded. some people were stating as fact he would be gone in jan

so if this renewal is done i will put a t shirt on that says smug life on the front.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I maintained he'd either stay or go and if he went he'd either go back to Newcastle or Championship club. I'm going to get a t shirt with Robbie Savage on the front...

No point in lobbying Armstrong, he's made it quite clear that he wants to stay with us. His advisors want him here and I think McLaren does too.

The only issue will be is if a) Newcastle think he can make the step up to the Championship and accelerate his progression or b) a Championship club offer Newcastle a financial package they can't turn down for a loan.

ajsccfc

The only thing I maintain about Armstrong is that his torso is oddly long compared to his legs. It all works for him, but he reminds me of a cartoon character.

Liquid Gold

The only thing I maintain about Armstrong is that his torso is oddly long compared to his legs. It all works for him, but he reminds me of a cartoon character.

His legs look so small and out of proportion with the rest of his body, doesn't add up.

I hope he stays but if he goes I'll say he was a freak and I'm glad he left just to save face

ajsccfc

Took this photo on the first day of the season

2vRV53N.png

Otis

Took this photo on the first day of the season

2vRV53N.png
You idiot!!

If Armstrong sees that he will be off to Championship club like a shot and it will all be your fault.

One silly cartoon and the whole world can change. Just look at Charlie Hebdo.

Get a grip son. His legs and torso are perfect as far as I am concerned.

Joy Division

i have maintained he will stay all season long and got called deluded. some people were stating as fact he would be gone in jan

so if this renewal is done i will put a t shirt on that says smug life on the front.

Who called you deluded about that opinion?

ajsccfc

I think we all know the only player with a perfect torso and legs is superhunk Kevin Malaga.

wingy

Reminds me of those old Caricatures from back in the day after, remember one of the old programmes I think from the 60's of my old man, some cup final with either Ford Leamington or Masseys. :)

Manchester_sky_blue

Talking to my Toon-supporting best mate, he reckons they are going in for Loic Remy plus have Papiss Cisse on the way back from injury. Both of which bode well from Arma staying put.

Johnnythespider

McClaren just confirmed he's staying sky sports

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread