Arena railway station progressing (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

The 2 year break clause, which is at the end of the forthcoming season, is in Wasps favour so there's no guarantee we will be at the Ricoh after that.

The deal details were confidential !!
Your guessing again ?

M&B Stand

We won't be going anywhere. We have nowhere to go to. Wasps have done a lot of PR to establish themselves in Cov. Throwing CCFC out would negate that in one hit. There would be uproar - even from the Council. There should be discussions going on now to at least have options for the next 10 years. It is in Wasps interest as much as CCFC's to be able to plan in advance. I wouldn't be relying on a stadium being built in the short term.

Would there?
Maybe there would be If we had new owners by the time next rental deal needs renegotiating. If sisu are still here I'd half expect some clowns to demand Wasps play hardball.

italiahorse

We won't be going anywhere. We have nowhere to go to. Wasps have done a lot of PR to establish themselves in Cov. Throwing CCFC out would negate that in one hit. There would be uproar - even from the Council. There should be discussions going on now to at least have options for the next 10 years. It is in Wasps interest as much as CCFC's to be able to plan in advance. I wouldn't be relying on a stadium being built in the short term.

Sisu could always engineer a way to leave, that will show we have no choice and it's everybody else's fault !!
Sound familiar ?

italiahorse

Would there?
Maybe there would be If we had new owners by the time next rental deal needs renegotiating. If sisu are still here I'd half expect some clowns to demand Wasps play hardball.

Wasps will need to play this very carefully IMHO, particularly if Sisu start JR2 and include Wasps in it.
Also the new stadium is a bluff to call if they want to stretch a point ?

martcov

Would there?

Who could "demand" how Wasps negotiate? It is more likely that CCFC staying or being given preferential Treatment was in the Ricoh deal. A sticking point with SISU and CCC was the unencumbered freehold, and also SISU's failure to produce a business plan. Wasps will only be interested in rent and some security - such as 6 months rent up front. They are not selling the Ricoh and won't be bothered about SISU's legal war with the council. So the station could make life easier for some city fans over the next few years. We ain't goin nowhere....

Grendel

martcov

Sisu could always engineer a way to leave, that will show we have no choice and it's everybody else's fault !!
Sound familiar ?

Been there, done that... Stadium bluff is at best Medium term. CCFC aren't going anywhere short term. Even less likely now we have an experienced manager starting to get the club in order. The last thing TM needs is a new stadium discussion. Priority is getting a team together which can fill the Ricoh. That includes improving the "home feeling" at the Ricoh. New stadium - maybe long term if we are doing well, but for now let's see what Wasps can offer us.

chiefdave

There would be uproar - even from the Council. There should be discussions going on now to at least have options for the next 10 years.

I would love to think that would be the case however I suspect all it would take is a leak from Wasps to the CT pointing the blame at SISU and Wasps would be in the clear.

Saying that I don't think even Wasps are stupid enough to kick is out, of more concern is how much they will hike the rent up when the current deal expires.

The deal details were confidential !!
Your guessing again ?

Not at all, as Grendel says it was detailed in the prospectus.

Otis

I would love to think that would be the case however I suspect all it would take is a leak from Wasps to the CT pointing the blame at SISU and Wasps would be in the clear.

Saying that I don't think even Wasps are stupid enough to kick is out, of more concern is how much they will hike the rent up when the current deal expires.

I think that is it in a nutshell. Wasps are not stupid enough to kick us out. They are trying to get the Coventry people on-board, not totally piss them all off.

Not saying though that they won't make it hard for CCFC to survive here come re-negotiation time.

italiahorse

No it isn't. It was confirmed in the bond prospectus details

So the "minimum 4 year agreement with Coventry City FC " mentioned in the overview of the first six months is wrong then ?

M&B Stand

Who could "demand" how Wasps negotiate? It is more likely that CCFC staying or being given preferential Treatment was in the Ricoh deal. A sticking point with SISU and CCC was the unencumbered freehold, and also SISU's failure to produce a business plan. Wasps will only be interested in rent and some security - such as 6 months rent up front. They are not selling the Ricoh and won't be bothered about SISU's legal war with the council. So the station could make life easier for some city fans over the next few years. We ain't goin nowhere....

Dunno.......the same people that demanded the CVA was rejected??

italiahorse

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

I live 5 minutes walk from the station at Bermuda but wouldn't dream of using it but hope lots do as it will make my drive in even easier than the 10 minutes it takes now.

Rusty Trombone

Nope .. not there
You said in the prospectus and then quote something else.
If I didnt know you better it seems you are trying to confuse.

Page 72 of the bond prospectus.

Otium Entertainment Group Limited has executed a licence with a four year term,
commencing 21 August 2014 for Coventry City Football Club to play professional
football matches at the Arena. There is a break clause in favour of ACL exercisable in

italiahorse

Page 72 of the bond prospectus.

Otium Entertainment Group Limited has executed a licence with a four year term,
commencing 21 August 2014 for Coventry City Football Club to play professional
football matches at the Arena. There is a break clause in favour of ACL exercisable in

Thanks. I'm there now.

pusbccfc

fernandopartridge

Not sure about that. As far as I'm aware there are no additional carriages or special trains to call at the station so its a single carriage every hour in each direction. You'd need crowd control regardless.

duffer

Not sure about that. As far as I'm aware there are no additional carriages or special trains to call at the station so its a single carriage every hour in each direction. You'd need crowd control regardless.

Not saying you're wrong FP, but it would be madness not to add more trains or carriages for special events. However, you do wonder.

They'll certainly need that crowd control if they're trying to get more than 70 people an hour away from the stadium with the current service!

armybike

Here's some details from the NUCKLE info pack -

chiefdave

So the upgrade to get loads of trains running isn't happening now either.
Saw that, another well managed project.

All that disruption near the station to build an underpass that they then blocked off claiming it wasn't needed until the new platform and now they're so far over budget there won't be another platform.

letsallsingtogether

Saw that, another well managed project.

All that disruption near the station to build an underpass that they then blocked off claiming it wasn't needed until the new platform and now they're so far over budget there won't be another platform.
I believe the under pass is for connecting the station and carpark and wasnt opening until the new multi carpark is built.

ccfcway

So the upgrade to get loads of trains running isn't happening now either.

Might be in the minority here, but I couldn’t care less that wasps aren’t getting improved transport links to their ground ?

can people not get the bus, Uber, drive. There’s a free flag in it for them. Does this cause issues for the away fans at wasps games ?, it’s a shame for them

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread