Arena railway station progressing (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

After this latest big-crowd fuck up, they might as well do 1 train per hour.

chiefdave

If Google Maps is to be believed (is that like Wiki and anyone can change things?) the station will be Coventry Arena

Terry Gibson's perm

They will probably name it after a Wasps legend Who is local like that Good bloke.

Would be be nice if they asked the locals to name it in a poll in The Wasps telegraph, the John Sillett stop

Nick

Administrator
Is that the chap who's childhood dream was to play at the Ricoh despite it not existing when he was a child who then announced he was leaving Wasps?

That's the one.

Although what if the change the name from an Arena to a Bowl?

I personally think it is too well known as Arena (Arena Park Tesco) etc to change it from that.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is that the chap who's childhood dream was to play at the Ricoh despite it not existing when he was a child who then announced he was leaving Wasps?

I am getting good at these rugby names now that's three I know then but think the others must be retired:thinking about:

WestEndAgro

Yes, the chap who is COV born and bred, and a Sky Blues fan, and was genuinely thrillled to be playing at the Ricoh, why the negatives ?

They will probably name it after a Wasps legend Who is local like that Good bloke.

Would be be nice if they asked the locals to name it in a poll in The Wasps telegraph, the John Sillett stop

Why name it after the club? There are plenty of other businesses on the site!

It will be arena park or something like that anyway.

donald_trumps

I was in the Cubs with Goode - leave him alone. Too right he is cov born and bred - and we should be proud of him. I remember playing footy with him up at the memorial park.

Otis

Great news, we wouldn't want those Wasps fans to have anything less than the best would we?

What?

We are going to be here for at least 5 more years I would have thought. Are you saying City fans will not be using the station?

No need to turn this into an anti-Wasps thread surely?

Otis

Excellent...what's the station going to be called? (Uh oh...maybe shouldn't have asked that)!!!

Obviously The Stinging Insect Station.

After all, ONLY Wasps fans will be using it. No City fans are allowed and neither are Coventry shoppers either. :whistle:

Ashdown

Really looking forward to that, I can make a boozy day of a trip to the City matches. When will the train times be put into the national rail timetable?

CovisGod

Any ideas how this line is going to affect me ? At the minute I have to go Kings Lynn to Ely, Ely to Nuneaton, Nuneaton to Cov then taxi to the Ricoh. Would be handy if I can get off at the Ricoh instead of Cov station

Sick Boy

What?

We are going to be here for at least 5 more years I would have thought. Are you saying City fans will not be using the station?

No need to turn this into an anti-Wasps thread surely?

I thought that the upcoming season was our final one? The 2 year extension is down to ACL, not us. I don't agree with the notion that Wasps will bend up for us if we ask nicely.

It's not anti-Wasps at all; is now anti-Wasps if we even dare to mention them?

Ashdown

Any ideas how this line is going to affect me ? At the minute I have to go Kings Lynn to Ely, Ely to Nuneaton, Nuneaton to Cov then taxi to the Ricoh. Would be handy if I can get off at the Ricoh instead of Cov station

That's exactly what you will be able to do, it will cut out your taxi fare !

skybluetony176

I thought that the upcoming season was our final one? The 2 year extension is down to ACL, not us. I don't agree with the notion that Wasps will bend up for us if we ask nicely.

The notion is "if you don't ask you don't get" not "if you ask you will get". I don't know why you keep trying to spin it the way you are. All people have said is they want the club to ask for certain thing's of Wasps. Nothing wrong in that surely?

italiahorse

The notion is "if you don't ask you don't get" not "if you ask you will get". I don't know why you keep trying to spin it the way you are. All people have said is they want the club to ask for certain thing's of Wasps. Nothing wrong in that surely?

I have a vision that Sisu have their arse in their hands and are just not asking for things and letting fans assume that ACL/Wasps are saying no.
If it's any different I'd love to see the evidence.

Otis

So what do you think will happen if this upcoming season is our final one? Surely you don't believe that do you?

Where are we going to move to? Northampton again?

Our short term future is at the Ricoh and has to be at the Ricoh.

Grendel

So what do you think will happen if this upcoming season is our final one? Surely you don't believe that do you?

Where are we going to move to? Northampton again?

The club has little say in the matter unfortunately.

skybluetony176

The club has little say in the matter unfortunately.

Of course they have a say. Now is time to start negotiations. If SISU are serious about building anew we need a longer deal at the Ricoh, if they're not serious about building anew we need a longer deal at the Ricoh.

Perhaps you think we'll be in a stronger position to negotiate when the 2years or the further 2years are up but I don't.

Last edited:

chiefdave

The 2 year break clause, which is at the end of the forthcoming season, is in Wasps favour so there's no guarantee we will be at the Ricoh after that.

martcov

The 2 year break clause, which is at the end of the forthcoming season, is in Wasps favour so there's no guarantee we will be at the Ricoh after that.

We won't be going anywhere. We have nowhere to go to. Wasps have done a lot of PR to establish themselves in Cov. Throwing CCFC out would negate that in one hit. There would be uproar - even from the Council. There should be discussions going on now to at least have options for the next 10 years. It is in Wasps interest as much as CCFC's to be able to plan in advance. I wouldn't be relying on a stadium being built in the short term.

Users who are viewing this thread