Are you happy with the season (1 Viewer)

Are upu happy with the season

• As Expected

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No , should've done better

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Yes brilliant

Votes: 142 95.3%

• Total voters

shmmeee

More than happy, when we came up I said my plan would be bottom 8, then 9-16, then top 8, then playoffs. So we’re ahead of schedule on even my most optimistic predictions if we make it and bang on if the worst happens. I think when you add in the upheaval this season, it just makes it more impressive.

Tommo1993

By no means celebrating the thought of not making the P/O’s. But if we didn’t it’s still phenomenal work by Robins and co.

fatso

I kind of agree, I'm desperate to see my team back in the top flight, if we miss out now its just another year gone where I definitely won't see that happen.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
It's yet another year where we have shown significant progression.
The plan is working well, if we don't make it this season, then similar progression next year will see us over the line.

There has been much to be impressed about this season, not least the departure of Sisu and Wasps, a new owner who's made us debt free (allegedly) better training facilities, higher attendances, a 5 year ground lease with a new pitch that we have exclusivity of etc etc,
Now as much as I'd be gutted if we miss out tomorrow, I'd still be more than satisfied with what's been achieved.

Astute

I voted as expected but in reality it was where I thought we would be. In with a chance of the playoffs.

We keep hearing that we were bottom after 7 games. Correct. But we had played away and all the other sides had played more games. We also ended up behind on the fitness.

The same happened after the World cup stoppage. Our other bad run. The way we play needs extra fitness. I thought somewhere between 6th and 10th. So I suppose we are ahead of that.

But even though we are about where I thought we would be it has been an excellent season if it goes all Pete Tong tomorrow. I will still be happy after a day or two. Our players have excelled with our support being the 12th man. The last time I experienced anything like this was in 87.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

We've done alot better than i thought likely at the start of the season. Id be disappointed not to make the playoffs now but i reasonable view would still be that the season overall had gone better than expected.

I do worry a bit that if we dont go up we then have a huge task to rebuild a squad and that could kill momentum....but i think ill try my best to enjoy a great season and be positive....maybe

AOM

Even if we don't make the play offs or lose out in the semi's or final, it's been a brilliant season.
Was expecting a relegation battle the way we started

Astute

I do worry a bit that if we dont go up we then have a huge task to rebuild a squad and that could kill momentum....but i think ill try my best to enjoy a great season and be positive....maybe
But if we don't go up Gyokeres is most probably off. Good chance Hamer would also go. There would be a pot of money we have never had before and a manager wise enough not to waste it.

Marty

Took us 1 year for promotion from league 2, 2 years for promotion from league 1, now looking at 3 years to be promoted from the championship.

It's about where I expected us to be (fighting for a play off spot), we have some superb players, and play some great football at times.

Astute

Took us 1 year for promotion from league 2, 2 years for promotion from league 1, now looking at 3 years to be promoted from the championship.

It's about where I expected us to be (fighting for a play off spot), we have some superb players, and play some great football at times.
We're the best form side in the playoffs. As long as we can keep the form going we will be in the Prem next season.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

But if we don't go up Gyokeres is most probably off. Good chance Hamer would also go. There would be a pot of money we have never had before and a manager wise enough not to waste it.

Even with a good manager and scouting department there's a fair bit of risk involved in replacing so many players (some very key ones) at once is what i mean. It might be that we improve yet again but i feel there's a decent chance we won't too, that's all i'm saying. Would be nice to seize this chance right now and see what Vik and Gus can do at that level firsthand.

Speedie's Head

Great season but marred by CoH missing most of it. I suppose that if he'd been fit at the start of the season he would have been sold off but that wasn't the case. His injury was very cruel luck

Astute

Even with a good manager and scouting department there's a fair bit of risk involved in replacing so many players (some very key ones) at once is what i mean. It might be that we improve yet again but i feel there's a decent chance we won't too, that's all i'm saying. Would be nice to seize this chance right now and see what Vik and Gus can do at that level firsthand.
I feel easy either way.

We either go up and the players we want to keep stay with us or we miss out but lose a couple of players we would love to keep but have the budget to bring in players of our choice that we have spent over the last countless years combined.

When you consider all options the most fun next season would be if we fail to go up. But of course I want us to go up. It would put us on yet another level financially.

shmmeee

I feel easy either way.

We either go up and the players we want to keep stay with us or we miss out but lose a couple of players we would love to keep but have the budget to bring in players of our choice that we have spent over the last countless years combined.

When you consider all options the most fun next season would be if we fail to go up. But of course I want us to go up. It would put us on yet another level financially.

Yeah I’d be more excited about another season in the Championship with better resources than vettibn pumped every week in the Prem with a bunch of players who might not be there the season after.

Astute

Yeah I’d be more excited about another season in the Championship with better resources than vettibn pumped every week in the Prem with a bunch of players who might not be there the season after.
Exactly where my thoughts are.

We have 2 Prem quality players. One or two others may be debatable that belong to us. Otherwise we get hammered nearly every week or sign a near complete squad. Much better to get a few players that improve us and hope for the best than risk it all in the hope of staying up. 17th would be a remarkable achievement.

Marty

Exactly where my thoughts are.

We have 2 Prem quality players. One or two others may be debatable that belong to us. Otherwise we get hammered nearly every week or sign a near complete squad. Much better to get a few players that improve us and hope for the best than risk it all in the hope of staying up. 17th would be a remarkable achievement.

I'd definitely take building a young exciting, top quality championship team and knowing we'll go down, instead of pumping money in and getting ourselves in a mess again trying to survive in the prem. The aim has to be turning ourselves into a yo-yo.

Astute

I'd definitely take building a young exciting, top quality championship team and knowing we'll go down

The aim has to be turning ourselves into a yo-yo.
Know what you're saying but was confused at first 😄

Best next step would be get promoted but set the squad up for the Championship the next season. Having Hamer and Gyokeres with a fit O'Hare would give us a chance against the lower clubs and the occasional upset.

But why would I want to see us lose most weeks?

Can't make my mind up 😊

Adge

Considering the start anything above the drop zone I would have taken. To be in 5th is beyond expectations and massively overachieving but that’s probably more to do with a level playing field or the Championship being average this season. The chance is there for us and you have to take it-a bit like we did in the L2 season against Notts County and look at the contrast that happened between the 2 clubs since.
I’ll be deflated if come 5pm we didnt make it, especially after paying to be in the hospitality at the Riverside 😩

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In pre-season I was quite optimistic that we could be at least top half and pushing for play-offs.

The O'hare was getting sold but got injured instead, which was even worse - no player or money. Then the pitch debacle and us playing catch-up with poor opening results as we weren't as sharp as other teams. The we sold Hyam to pay for repairs and Hamer started the season like he wanted to get sent off in every match. I was fully expecting a season of struggle and most, if not all, of our star players to be gone in January.

To be where we are from that catastrofuck is nothing short of remarkable.

Hobo

Yes I think it has been a very good season even if it ends today on last game away at Middlesbrough. I. Thought we could improve on last year and had a slight chance of maybe flirting with play offs. Then that terrible start no fault of our own injuries and I thought we might be struggling to play catch up.

There was a time early on when we were down bottom of league and I was looking at last game away at Middlesbrough and I was thinking we need to be safe by then.

So here we are last game in top six and it is in our own hands to make play offs is - well fantastic.

skyblu3sk

Even before the poor start to the season I thought play offs would be out of reach so to be this close is excellent!

Macca

Great season but if and when the promotion dream ends will still be disappointing as it could be another 22 years before we get this close again. Have to grab your chance

Grendel

Great season but if and when the promotion dream ends will still be disappointing as it could be another 22 years before we get this close again. Have to grab your chance

Exactly this

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I'm in the minority in "as expected" when predicting at start I put 3rd.Having said that the sh1t we faced in the season perhaps being a bit harsh.Always believed when fixtures sorted themselves out we would come good.

clint van damme

Possibly-depends if we can keep the band together.

Yeah. And I appreciate the teams coming down look strong but if you can spend the amount the likes of Everton have and still get relegated then you can make a pigs ear of coming straight back up.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Yeah. And I appreciate the teams coming down look strong but if you can spend the amount the likes of Everton have and still get relegated then you can make a pigs ear of coming straight back up.
Them and Chelsea are basket cases. Feel sure me or you could run them better and we know nothing about running a club.

shmmeee

Possibly-depends if we can keep the band together.

Think we can rebuild from losing Vik and Gus and come back stronger. Certainly a risk to it, but Robins and Viveash have shown an ability to continually evolve the squad. And O’Hare will be like a new signing hopefully.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been an incredible effort , take into account not being at home for the first few games , losing hamer for 6 games , injuries and suspension to key players .

Users who are viewing this thread