Are you a regular at the Ricoh (1 Viewer)

How regular are you?

• Total voters

valiant15

Been a season ticket holder since 95/96,so yes im a regular.Dont do away anymore though cos of family commitments etc.Glad i dont bother either going on last nights shambles.Away days used to be cracking,especially in the prem.

Season Ticket holder for 47 years - missed only 8 home games in that period

Long time ago I know but in the first First Division season after promotion saw 40 out of 42 games

PUSB

dadgad

.......I live in the smoke....I go to the odd away game (always fun) and do not miss the Ricoh which is mostly awful.
Don't let this discussion degenerate into: "I'm a better fan than you" moronic borefest.:slap::pointlaugh::rolleyes:

Astute

12-15 home games a season on average

would like to go to away games but worried about the drunk chav hooligan element(im aware this may just be paranoia)

Other than a few away games you will see the same occur home or away. It is much better for atmosphere away though. Most away fans are in fine voice. They are also a lot closer together. Go on the supporters coach. Unofficial is better in my opinion. A few jars before the game. Good laugh. Go for it. You will love it.

Changeyourface

I live in the land of Brody....or is it the other way 'round....he lives in the land of Egastap?

Anyway, with 3,500 miles between us and the fact I am prevented from flying....it is pretty much certain that I will never attend a City match at the Ricoh. As stated in previous posts, I have never been to the Ricoh....all my memories are from HR. My mother in law used to live near the Ricoh, in fact could have seen it from her old house, but alas the only view of the Ricoh I will get is from photographs.

PUSB

In one way you're lucky, I wish I'd never been to the Ricoh. And I wouldn't advise you to go unless you want your memories tarnished

Nonleagueherewecome

Season ticket holder, don't go to away games as I work alternate Saturdays-and it is often a mare trying to get home Saturdays off, but I didn't miss a game last season. Go to away preseason games, though, they're ace.

I think this thread has proved it's point, anyway. Most people go to as many games as they can afford, and the forum serves as an invaluable communication tool for those living a long distance away-some even on the other side of the globe. We are all genuine CCFC supporters, however we support the club, and we really should stick together a bit more!

Johnnythespider

I've never been to a soccer match in my life, i must be a right twat, i could have cyber supported Man ure or Chelski but i chose a team struggling in the championship. Funny thing is, i seem to remember cyber supporting them before anybody even knew what cyber meant. Most home games:D

sky blue john

Born in Cov moved away when I was 14. Never been a season ticket holder been to about 150 games over the last 26 years. Played myself on saturdays up untill about 4 years ago which has probably restricted the amount of available games to me. Would always take playing a match myself rather than going to watch. I don't care if that doesn't put me in the bracket as a real supporter as some people on here have been suggesting but nothing beats being able to play the game !!

redsox

Facebook User
I would love to attend more but it is now a financial strain as the wife & son also want to come. I live near Stoke-on-Trent , so petrol , tickets etc. it all mounts up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and in mine it doesn't make me less of a fan that I don't attend all of the home games.I joined SBT because it appeared to be inclusive and welcoming to ALL City Fans....did I miss a change somewhere??

brinner

hmmm hard for me to answer this! lol

derby was the 1st league game id ever missed at the ricoh and the only 1 bar bristol in the cup a few years ago.

i refuse to give sisu a penny of my money so unless i get tickets from a diffrent source ie freebies or paying a few quid for a spare ticket off some1 then im not going unfortunately until sisu have fucked off.

the only other thing that will change my mind is if they stopped bullshitting us fans and actually found investment to strengthen the team from somewhere, im so annoyed as i was pretty optimistic after last seasons finish and the hope marlon would stay, when brody said marlon was gonna sign i was gonna get me season ticket then it went tits up and by 31st of july we hadnt signed any outfield players so sisus message to me was pretty clear so i thought fuck you, im not givingh you a penny more of my money, the new shirt was the last coin they got off me and if i hadnt pre orderd that i wouldnt have got it.

its away games only for me now, its gonna really piss me off but ive made my decision, il still be there before and after games tho for the protests :D

covcity4life

Other than a few away games you will see the same occur home or away. It is much better for atmosphere away though. Most away fans are in fine voice. They are also a lot closer together. Go on the supporters coach. Unofficial is better in my opinion. A few jars before the game. Good laugh. Go for it. You will love it.

yeh i may do thanks, i went to forest game at country ground when juan sara scored in las tminute,i was sitting with forrest fans though,nearly got battered as my lil cousin celebrated!

im indian btw,i wouldnt imagine not many if any go to away games?

Fluffsta

I work a lot of unsociable hours and Coventry always seem to be away when I am off (I do go to away games but rarely). So far I have been to Kettering away and Leicester and Watford at home. I always feel a little guilty that I cannot always support my team when I can but every season I always try and pump some money into the club as in Shirts (kids in family and me) and merch of all sorts.

Changeyourface

yeh i may do thanks, i went to forest game at country ground when juan sara scored in las tminute,i was sitting with forrest fans though,nearly got battered as my lil cousin celebrated!

If you're Indian I wouldn't advise going on the train and I would steer clear of pubs with that crowd in for certain games

Astute

My eldest dauhter is 26 this year. She is half indian. Always getting told how beautiful she is :D Things have changed for the best now. As I said, go on supporters coaces. You are human. You will be treated as you are. Just one of the lads getting together for the love of CCFC. You will soon get to know lots of fans that go to the away games. If you enjoy the home games you will love the away games. As said, keep away from certain games though like Leeds. Just supporting another team is enough to make you an enemy. They are animals at times. 95% of trouble I have got into over the years have been from 5% of teams we play. It is a lot safer than it used to be. The coaches are the safest way to go. You get dropped off at the ground and picked up from there as well. Go by car then you are alone to get to the ground and away from it. Go by train and occasionally you can get jumped. Not very often but once is enough if you are not looking for it.

Haven't bothered since we lost our morals and signed the woman batterer. When we get some owners with morals I will return.

covcity4life

My eldest dauhter is 26 this year. She is half indian. Always getting told how beautiful she is :D Things have changed for the best now. As I said, go on supporters coaces. You are human. You will be treated as you are. Just one of the lads getting together for the love of CCFC. You will soon get to know lots of fans that go to the away games. If you enjoy the home games you will love the away games. As said, keep away from certain games though like Leeds. Just supporting another team is enough to make you an enemy. They are animals at times. 95% of trouble I have got into over the years have been from 5% of teams we play. It is a lot safer than it used to be. The coaches are the safest way to go. You get dropped off at the ground and picked up from there as well. Go by car then you are alone to get to the ground and away from it. Go by train and occasionally you can get jumped. Not very often but once is enough if you are not looking for it.

cool i will remember this,ill look into the coaches,thanks

I'm a little lost (maybe naive?) on this one... I really can't imagine being Indian in 2011 would preclude you from going to almost any away game. The bottom line is that away games have a better atmosphere, there is more singing, you're packed in a bit tighter, at times you're almost duty bound to enjoy yourselves having made the journey. I'd take a couple of mates and get up early for a drink beforehand (I'd make your own way, rather than a coach, for speed). Depending on who you are playing, keep your eyes open for dickheads. I don't go to as many away games as I like, but always find them good days out. I'm another with a season ticket.

kg82

I'm a little lost (maybe naive?) on this one... I really can't imagine being Indian in 2011 would preclude you from going to almost any away game. The bottom line is that away games have a better atmosphere, there is more singing, you're packed in a bit tighter, at times you're almost duty bound to enjoy yourselves having made the journey. I'd take a couple of mates and get up early for a drink beforehand (I'd make your own way, rather than a coach, for speed). Depending on who you are playing, keep your eyes open for dickheads. I don't go to as many away games as I like, but always find them good days out. I'm another with a season ticket.

Took the words out my mouth. I think the racism thing is a reputation that football doesn't seem to have lost due to a few highlighted, isolated incidents. I've been to loads of away games and never seen or heard any racism. I would say definitely go to an away game, at least try it out. Like Dive says, they are way better (atmosphere-wise)! I much prefer going to them then the home games!

As for the original question, I'm a season ticket holder and will go to anywhere between 5-10 away games a season.

wingy

Its refreshing to hear these sentiments ,i'm afraid the industry i work in ,racism is still very prevelent,people don't get that society has ills no matter your race or creed,me season ticket holder possibly two or three away

covcity4life

well i went to forest home game a few years ago and i was 10 mins late,as i was making my way to my seat some cov fan shouted out "paki!!!!!!!!!!", i look around noone wants to say it again but its still darn annoying, especially as the type of twat to shout it probsbly doesnt listen to every cwr phone in and read newsnow coventry every mornng, predict results and future table predicitions etc because they dont care bout thr team as much as me,but hey whatever

im not saying footy is like the 80's still but racism is still there even if not in a violent way

Last edited:

kg82

You're right, and it will never fully go. But it is a small minded minority who do it, they're not really worth the space they live in.

Changeyourface

I've spotted quite a lot, for example Leicester away every year "you're just a town full of pakis" is sang, I've heard Clive Platt being called all sorts "useless lazy nigger" is one that springs to mind. And Birmingham away this season there was loads.

Users who are viewing this thread