Are YOU a Real Sky Blue Fan?? (1 Viewer)

Skybluepiglet

It's getting really moronic on here to keep quoting

"Real fans don't go to Northampton"

"Genuine sky blues fans support the boys at Sixfields because it's all about the football"

We are divided on the stance we want to take on the move out of Coventry..Because it's Politics.

Politics are always going to harbour many sub plots and differing opinions.

But the vast majority (except the trolls and devils advocates) on the forum are all real fans and we are doing ourselves no favours by constantly insulting each other every other post for political views on an issue that is both saddening and infuriating to ALL of us.

Grendel

Only a few are insulting, the rest try to persuade.
I may say that in politics a majority wins.
Obviously with 90% voting to not go to Sixfields the 10% are in the minority.

I believe your favoured line of persuasion is to quote sisu puppet at people.

RFC

We are ALL real Sky Blue suppoters, with differing views!
Personally I'm not into the politics and have never supported any of our owners or stadiums, I support the team on the pitch, manager & players.

I also don't support ACL, CCC or Compass for that matter!
PUSB!

Sky Blue Pete

I think the point about division is overplayed. 90% of sky blues fans don't feel able to watch their teams home games and that is tragic!

Of the sky blues fans that are going I am certain that it is with a heavy heart that some of them go and there are others that don't see the problem

As others have said there is no distinction-we are all sky blues fans and I am sure 100% of us are behind Coventry city football club playing our home games in Coventry

That is the uniting factor not acl this or sisu that. Our owners have been shocking for more than the last 5 years!!

Kcic should be the mantra from now on!!

We should all be uniting around this even those on gmk online

skybluetony176

i thought it was muppet in your case Grendel ;)

being serious for a moment, i don't harbour grudges over football with the exception of the vile and especially not to fellow ccfc fans. there is actually more important and serious things in life than football. football is supposed to be the fun thing that happens in-between

i believe that the fans going to sixfields are misguided in their beliefs that they are supporting the team, short term maybe long term no and ultimately they are not doing what's best for the club and as a consequence supporting shitsu and putting an even bigger smug look on the smug face of smug fishface.

but having said that, when the dust settles and we are back at Coventry and fingers crossed shitsu have gone, if the bloke sat next to me went to sixfields i would quite happily shake his hand and say no hard feelings and would expect the same back. even from grendal :D

simple_simon

We are ALL real Sky Blue suppoters, with differing views!
Personally I'm not into the politics and have never supported any of our owners or stadiums, I support the team on the pitch, manager & players.

I also don't support ACL, CCC or Compass for that matter!
PUSB!

But your are into the Politics, your part of it.
If no one went they would be sent back to Coventry by the FL.

covmark

Only a few are insulting, the rest try to persuade.
I may say that in politics a majority wins.
Obviously with 90% voting to not go to Sixfields the 10% are in the minority.
haha you're a joke pal didn't you accuse me of being tim the other day, you're obviously one of the 'few' then

SkyblueBazza

Which i imagine is precisely the kind if provocative response, that the OP was referring to, that ruins every thread since it snide tone is highly likely to receive an insult/offensive reply back.

par1sons

My stance is very simple, cannot stand ACL, cannot stand SISU bbbuuuttt I whole heartedly support a move away from the echo because its, too big, sole less, zero atmosphere, is always two thirds empty and the club make no money from it, the Ricoh is one of the main reasons we are suffering. That's why I will travel down the road, smaller ground, will be a better atmosphere once people start attending, and every penny goes to the team. Wake up people, the Ricoh is the problem!

One or two may say, well what about if we end up owning the echo, my answer is this, 32000 seater stadium housing only 12000 enough said.

ajsccfc

I have to disagree with all of this. It's fantastic and enthralling to read here so often and so inventively that people who don't fall completely into line with someone aren't proper fans, are weak-minded turncoats, are Tim Fisher or something completely applicable and not at all insulting about death and war.

Skybluepiglet

Bbbbbbbbbbbuuuuttt par1sons that means that you have no ambition for the Sky Blues to EVER be great again.

With the right owners.. a few years down the line we could be pushing for prem (I know its not gonna happen anytime soon)

but that sort of thinking is clearly ridiculous.

NorthernWisdom

Which i imagine is precisely the kind if provocative response, that the OP was referring to, that ruins every thread since it snide tone is highly likely to receive an insult/offensive reply back.

tbf, having had the poster he was referring to simply state SISU SCUM!!! on occasion at me, I was thinking similar about the irony of requesting nice and polite responses!

shmmeee

My stance is very simple, cannot stand ACL, cannot stand SISU bbbuuuttt I whole heartedly support a move away from the echo because its, too big, sole less, zero atmosphere, is always two thirds empty and the club make no money from it, the Ricoh is one of the main reasons we are suffering. That's why I will travel down the road, smaller ground, will be a better atmosphere once people start attending, and every penny goes to the team. Wake up people, the Ricoh is the problem!

One or two may say, well what about if we end up owning the echo, my answer is this, 32000 seater stadium housing only 12000 enough said.

You realise Sixfields costs us more in rent and we get the same revenue streams as the Ricoh right? Oh and that at the moment Sixfields is 26% full compared to last season where the Ricoh was 32% full.

So you support us moving into a 12k stadium long term, even if it means our fan base drops to 5-6k?

L

longjohnskyblue

"Every penny goes to the team"? Are you for real? You do realise they are going to have to get a loan to pay for any new development don't you? They have admitted this! So if they are going to have to pay a mortgage (which is going to be way larger than the 100k/ month they were paying in rent) the ground will be smaller, therefore less money coming in, and even at the ricoh, the gain from the F&B is only around 0.5 million - how are the team going to benefit?

So they are going to have more expenses, less income, and because it is out of coventry, is going to alienate majority of fans (will almost certainly be relegated even further).

I fail to see how this is in any way beneficial to the club! Think about it the reason it has been empty, is becaus ethe football has been crap! Without fail every time the
team has gone on a good run, the crowds have returned!

It is "empty" (10K) because the football is crap !!! The shed will be "PACKED" with 7k! Do you even think before you comment?

BigadamL

IVE decided I'm not going to Northampton mainly because Coventry should be in Coventry,

However something I read on here are disgusting calling people scabs, not real fans, threats to people, because they go to watch the 'home' games. SOME people on this site are really starting to sound and become bully's.

Everybody has the right to make there own choice what they do, it might not be what you like. But remember the more something is forced down your throat the less likely people are to follow!

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Another quality contribution from the anti-Sisu side. No worries I'm sure Nick will be in here soon, he hates off topic posts.

He was replying to the guy who says they are no insulting when it comes to the divide yet insults when he can.. off topic would be randomly saying something about the shrewsbury game?

Matty_CCFC

Bbbbbbbbbbbuuuuttt par1sons that means that you have no ambition for the Sky Blues to EVER be great again.

With the right owners.. a few years down the line we could be pushing for prem (I know its not gonna happen anytime soon)

but that sort of thinking is clearly ridiculous.

Agreed!
We will need a premier type stadium one day.

J

Jack Griffin

And Grendel lacks manners, he just insults people that disagree with him.

Wow I'm crushed by the intellectual genius known as Samo.

The crux of course is that there are a clique of fools on here who cannot take any form of questioning or criticism.

If we are on the subject of intellect what do you think about the latest craze of just calling someone Tim fisher? Frankly its boring and rather embarrasing.

Sadly the site is going downhill. It's full of council obsessed fools or bland posters with very little to say. Decide which catagory you fit into Broken Hearted Sky Blue.

This is an e mail for corporate prospects. Well out of your demographic little man.

I vote for a Phoenix Club. Then you can piss off and leave real supporters to talk about CCFC.

I think everyone on the other forum has you sussed shmmeeee you are just a fool to be pitied.

Pitiful response.

I am merely pointing out that the OP clearly ignorant regarding marketing strategy. The term distressful is not appropriate as this is a Tier Three campaign - i.e a campaign targeted towards the local media communicating an offer. This is no more distressful than BMW offering 0% finance or Mercedes Free Servicing as a local offer through targeted media. The aim is to create awareness, build market share etc.

The move to another part of the country invariable requires a change in media tactics. Very understandable. It also does not mean that the club is increasing marketing spend. It will have a marketing budget and it will spend in various ways that budget.

It is not distessful

Which is precisely the point, crappycov and simple have both done separate threads on free tickets and when interrogated for more information become, shall we say, slightly irked.

covmark

And Grendel lacks manners, he just insults people that disagree with him.
congratulations on your scoring of cheap points. Really is becoming a bit of a joke on here atm. I mean, yesterday we couldn't even have a match thread without it being tarnished by the same old tired crap that was being spouted on about 10 other threads.

You support a move away from the Ricoh because it is too Big and Soulless? That is not the reason Timmy and Co are out, they desperately want it but because of how they have been and are today they won’t get it.
Your suggestion is a simple demonstration that you have no faith in Coventry City being anything other than a third rate club, why else would you settle for 12k. The Ricoh is a fabulous venue, and as has been demonstrated before it can be filled by brilliant supporters and have a fantastic atmosphere. Just because you have no ambition for our club to be amongst the best, doesn’t mean any of the rest of us should follow your view.

CovFan

congratulations on your scoring of cheap points. Really is becoming a bit of a joke on here atm. I mean, yesterday we couldn't even have a match thread without it being tarnished by the same old tired crap that was being spouted on about 10 other threads.
Grendel is the last person who can moan about conversation being stifiled by pointless insults. Then again he seems to be allowed to get away with it.

IVE decided I'm not going to Northampton mainly because Coventry should be in Coventry,

However something I read on here are disgusting calling people scabs, not real fans, threats to people, because they go to watch the 'home' games. SOME people on this site are really starting to sound and become bully's.

Everybody has the right to make there own choice what they do, it might not be what you like. But remember the more something is forced down your throat the less likely people are to follow!

PUSB

Damn good point. From childhood we are told to always stand up to bullies. Not been to Northampton, went to crawley and carlisle. But on occasion when I read all the sisu rentboy and scab stuff thrown about, it makes me think,'hey I will go just to stick it up' supporters' who resort to such tactics.

I was talking to a young, quiet inoffensive lad who works in tesco who went to the Bristol match and he was ridiculed by the name callers in Northampton. Why would you want to stand beside people using such intimidatory tactics on a quiet lad going to match on his own, minding his own business? Luckily I'm an old fart and far more experienced in the way of life. If I want to stay away I will and if I want to go I will. Sicks and stones and all that:D

BigadamL

I'm a young fart, and if any of the so called fans shouted something at me if I went to Northampton calling me a scab he would have my size 12's up his arse!

Paxman II

It's everyone's right to judge this whole sorry affair as they wish.
There will be opinion from both sides and you make up your own mind.

Intimidating people certainly is wrong and we all need to remember it's football and if anything is clear here it is the fact we are all showing enormous amounts of passion for our football team still, regardless of what's gone on. That's what ties us together.

I think beyond the insults and bullying tactics of the few, the most important factor for me is that so many refuse to pay attention to what is actual fact over speculation and rumour, or if you like no proven fact. Incessantly insisting on something that has been rejected with fact is just tiresome and pointless in replying to. I find the 'sheep' mentality of some nauseating. It seems so many have made their minds up that everything SISU has to be wrong, lies, evil and the rest of it and the other sides are just wonderful. While I certainly appreciate SISU's terrible dereliction of their duty it must be argued ACL/Council are also complicit for the position we find ourselves in? Once all of us agree to understand that then we can focus on the action we need as a 'force' to help bring about solutions we demand.

This should be a golden opportunity for the 'Trust' to show some backbone and reason for their existence.

letsallsingtogether

Of course he does most of his likes come from Nick :p QUOTE=CovFan;533346]Grendel is the last person who can moan about conversation being stifiled by pointless insults. Then again he seems to be allowed to get away with it.[/QUOTE]

letsallsingtogether

Careful you might lose it :D

QUOTE=BigadamL;533451]I'm a young fart, and if any of the so called fans shouted something at me if I went to Northampton calling me a scab he would have my size 12's up his arse![/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread