Are we getting a name for ourselves off the pitch? (1 Viewer)

AOM

As I've said on here multiple times, it's the big day out brigade that come to the Ricoh.

Blackburn are used to taking small numbers away but yesterday was a big following for them.

The Ricoh has been a bigger than usual allocation for all clubs this season and every week we've seen large sections joining in with the goading.

Away from home there hasn't really been any trouble at all.

This. I also remember it being just as bad up the Ricoh when we were previously in the Championship too

Terry Gibson's perm

We should be locking the away fans in and then bringing their coaches straight to the exit.

The exits away from the ground are so poorly designed.l it is an incident waiting to happen.

The police need to sort themselves out as well instead of standing there filming people start working for your money.

This stuff has always gone on but people seem to like their moment of fame by filming it and saying how bad it is, it’s not the 70’s and 80’s.

Evo1883

Yes they are getting a name for themselves but for all the wrong reasons and at what cost.. all that will happen is away matches will be restricted tickets and many normal fans will miss out.. and the club will have to over spend on policing home matches

borastons

On the plus side I left a quid up after being pelted by the Blackburn yoof on the way back to car park C.
Who throws a pound coin?

Agree about the poor policing, it just seems to funnel them so far then stop. Also won't be too long before someone gets run over on A444 trying to dance around with the opposing fans.

Terry Gibson's perm

On the plus side I left a quid up after being pelted by the Blackburn yoof on the way back to car park C.
Who throws a pound coin?

Agree about the poor policing, it just seems to funnel them so far then stop. Also won't be too long before someone gets run over on A444 trying to dance around with the opposing fans.

It’s lucky he had change normally the youngsters use their cards or phones to purchase stuff.

CV22SBA

We should be locking the away fans in and then bringing their coaches straight to the exit.

The exits away from the ground are so poorly designed.l it is an incident waiting to happen.

The police need to sort themselves out as well instead of standing there filming people start working for your money.

This stuff has always gone on but people seem to like their moment of fame by filming it and saying how bad it is, it’s not the 70’s and 80’s.
The police need evidence these days, next season there will be a lot more arrests as they will have a catalogue of the people they want to arrest and get sent down. The same thing happened with CCTV on Far Gosford back in the early 2000's. Months of trouble each week recorded then after the Man Utd game which was particularly bad a few lads were sent down.

Nick

Administrator
I wish I had filmed against Derby, I was too busy laughing at the logic.

Chavvy, scrawny little prick gets in coppers face for no reason. Shouting, swearing.

Copper pins him against the wall.

Chavs all get outraged saying he did nothing wrong while the scrawny lad is nearly crying.

Otis

Who throws a pound coin?

You should go to Chelsea. They throw £10 notes

Terry Gibson's perm

The police need evidence these days, next season there will be a lot more arrests as they will have a catalogue of the people they want to arrest and get sent down. The same thing happened with CCTV on Far Gosford back in the early 2000's. Months of trouble each week recorded then after the Man Utd game which was particularly bad a few lads were sent down.

Have they got X-ray cameras as most simply cover their faces.

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it's more likely that people documenting it are doing so because they don't want to see it rather than to be retweeted a few times.

Or is their filming glamourising it these young lads will be saying to their mates there I am at the front or whatever.

I am not saying the behaviour is right and we could do without it.

Nick

Administrator
Or is their filming glamourising it these young lads will be saying to their mates there I am at the front or whatever.

I am not saying the behaviour is right and we could do without it.

Maybe it just needs people to point out they are dickheads.

Nothing cool about starting on people while running backwards.

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe it just needs people to point out they are dickheads.

Nothing cool about starting on people while running backwards.

It also doesn’t help getting fans to go seeing it, my wife is always saying she has seen trouble on social media should my lad be going.

CovBrummie94

Oh I know, if they want to scrap then find an empty car park and do their dancing there.

No excuse for it around families and people who just want to go and watch the game.
Not sure most of them want a scrap as the majority shit themselves and run off when confronted by away fans. Or they only "want it" when there's more of them than the opposition.

napolimp

Oh I know, if they want to scrap then find an empty car park and do their dancing there.

No excuse for it around families and people who just want to go and watch the game.

If they want a fight then there are boxing clubs, and underground fight clubs. The problem is that you might actually get hit by someone. Clearly, the attraction is that you are protected by a fence and 7 lanes of traffic, as you launch your half empty capri-sun across the car park.

Nick

Administrator
If they want a fight then there are boxing clubs, and underground fight clubs. The problem is that you might actually get hit by someone. Clearly, the attraction is that you are protected by a fence and 7 lanes of traffic, as you launch your half empty capri-sun across the car park.

Yeah exactly.

It's embarrassing.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think there is a huge difference between :

hurling (mildish) abuse in the ecstasy of a 99th minute equaliser, in the general direction of their fans from within the stadium (I did that - and it was more as a result of the justice for their time wasting antics)

and

carrying it on outside the stadium, in whatever shape or form. Singing, chanting because you're happy/ whatever, that's fine, but no need to have a go at opposition fans - particularly those just making there way home, and not looking for trouble.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Have they got X-ray cameras as most simply cover their faces.

I spoke to the top CCFC copper at Peterborough this season. He said they pretty much know everyone who goes home and away.

He was really open to admit who knew who I was despite never having been in trouble.

They will know who's been looking for trouble this season and the moment they have evidence of a punch thrown, they'll jump in on it. Similar to Sunderland a few years back.

Liquid Gold

I think there is a huge difference between :

hurling (mildish) abuse in the ecstasy of a 99th minute equaliser, in the general direction of their fans from within the stadium (I did that - and it was more as a result of the justice for their time wasting antics)

and

carrying it on outside the stadium, in whatever shape or form. Singing, chanting because your happy/ whatever, that's fine, but no need to have a go at opposition fans - particularly those just making there way home, and not looking for trouble.
This is key and I can't believe people don't get it.

Have your banter and songs and whatever in the ground but then when you're out leave it.

I like being able to go to an away game and when it's over go to a pub and have a chat with the home fans about the game.

shmmeee

The woman virtue signalling on Twitter really annoys me. It’s clearly not that scary otherwise she wouldn’t have abandoned her children to start filming the idiots.

Why does everything have to be “but think of the children” - the little bastards have ruined everything but the pubs! If some lads want to have a scrap with like minded idiots in a car park - let them get on with it. Giving it the moral high ground and grassing on Twitter is poor.

Derby was different as it was happening in the stadium and on a large scale outside with lots being dragged into it.

If you want a scrap take up martial arts, don’t do it surrounded by families at a fucking Tesco.

AOM

Didn't it kick off a the first ever game there? Against QPR I think?

Hmm my memory is a bit hazy on that specific match, but I do remember it kicking off against Luton quite badly near the same away fan entrance before

Terry Gibson's perm

I spoke to the top CCFC copper at Peterborough this season. He said they pretty much know everyone who goes home and away.

He was really open to admit who knew who I was despite never having been in trouble.

They will know who's been looking for trouble this season and the moment they have evidence of a punch thrown, they'll jump in on it. Similar to Sunderland a few years back.

They should do you have to give your details to buy away tickets, the skill must be putting the punch to the masked face.

djr8369

That's true and we have had posters on here say they have had their own kids in tears, or have seen other small children in tears.

The whole thing is ridiculous.
Furthermore, we’re having this conversation during a period of time where posters are regularly complaining about a lack of investment in the squad. It staggers me that there’s any tolerance for this kind of behaviour.

Perryccfc

I’m not defending those twats that are having fights after games, but vs Preston at home me and my missus parked our car, walked about 4 yards and received dogs abuse from a group of about 6 or 7 Preston chavs for literally no reason. At a guess I would say they were between 15 and 18. I don’t think it’s just us with the problem.

AOM

I’m not defending those twats that are having fights after games, but vs Preston at home me and my missus parked our car, walked about 4 yards and received dogs abuse from a group of about 6 or 7 Preston chavs for literally no reason. At a guess I would say they were between 15 and 18. I don’t think it’s just us with the problem.

Yep, it's definitely not just a Coventry issue

Sky Blue Pete

Furthermore, we’re having this conversation during a period of time where posters are regularly complaining about a lack of investment in the squad. It staggers me that there’s any tolerance for this kind of behaviour.
Good point. It’s tens of thousands of pounds we have been paying for increased police presence this season

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Agreed. I went to everton vs boreham wood a few weeks back , and the boreham wood fans were causing trouble and shouting abuse etc at women. Bare in mind they are a non league club with 1,000 fans on that day. It’s a problem for everyone not just us

Users who are viewing this thread