Are we about to lose the heartbeat of the club ? (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

It would seem that more & more people seem to be aware of the impending loss of Callum O’Hare , at the end of the season.
He has asked for X amount & Deadly Doug Mk 2 ( remember the villa one ? ) is peeing about, instead of getting him signed up & the continued harmony inside our camp .
We have the added gate receipts & tills jingling from the club shop , so we are on an upward curve , but how would the loss of a player the calibre of Callum go down with the fans ?

Pezza

Let's see, how do you know he has asked for X?

He'll either sign or he won't, if he doesn't we find someone else and go again. Ultimately all the players, coaches and staff are passing through and maybe Callum does leave at the end of the season.

He will look for the best deal and so he should, he might also have some great offers elsewhere. We will also have a contract we are happy to offer and if that's not good enough or agreeable then we find another player.

I'm pretty relaxed about it all, to be honest.

SBbucks

It would seem that more & more people seem to be aware of the impending loss of Callum O’Hare , at the end of the season.
He has asked for X amount & Deadly Doug Mk 2 ( remember the villa one ? ) is peeing about, instead of getting him signed up & the continued harmony inside our camp .
We have the added gate receipts & tills jingling from the club shop , so we are on an upward curve , but how would the loss of a player the calibre of Callum go down with the fans ?

There’s only one decision maker here and it isn’t Doug. O’hare has all the cards.
And out of interest, how do you know he has asked for X and Doug is peeing about? Please share your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viktor17

This is just Hamer mk2.

It's pretty simple, he will have been offered a very good rise on current wage, on back of 18 months of injury (ACL the most serious). The club can't afford to be offering silly money on a player that is more likely to break down seriously again (ACL injuries often lead to other types in highly tuned athletes)

If COH wants to stay he will sign, if not will walk away for a pay day at end of season and good luck to him.

But lets not start all this shit again that DK is "messing" it up - its down to the player. If he wants to go, then be honest (not lead us down the path)

The club remains, players pass through.

ccfcricoh

We'll offer him what he's worth, if he chooses to accept brilliant, if he doesnt, he can leave, quite simple in my mind.

we seem to have coped well (eventually) with the loss of Gyokeres and Hamer, who in my mind we're more influential and "important" so i have no doubt we'd be fine without O'Hare too, the biggest shame is the lack of transfer fee we would get (if at all)

Greggs

Only a handful of clubs he'd leave for. Not many more young talented squads than ours in the Championship and he ain't being signed by a settled Premier League team. He's better off here.

Alkhen

This is definitely going to be spun by the Doug bashers.

We cant go offering a player that has been out for 18 months wages to match highest earner. he hasn't earned that.. yet. Trouble is time is running out and there will be a bunch of mid level teams with mad owners or desperate low end Prem teams willing to blow us out the water.

If it was me Id offer him a 1/1.5 year extension on better wages with a promise that we will look at his wages again in the summer if he has continued his form or sell him if he prefers.

Love to keep him but understand it is a huge risk for all parties. Cal will know the next deal is vital for him long-term. it all hangs on him really

biggymania

I would suspect the club are waiting to see what bids might come in before we make another renewal offer. I do remember people at the clubs stating publicly a renewal contract was there for him months ago... but I assume O'Hare & his team will want to see what he can get elsewhere, quite rightly.

So any narrative that the club are dragging their heels is bullshit I suspect... both sides are waiting for a real offer from outside the club to decide how to proceed would be my (purely speculative) take.

It's going to be interesting to see who bids for him. You would think only Prem clubs doomed to return to the Championship or those with big budgets currently in the Championship... so other than salary I'm not sure the opportunties in England are going to be all that exciting for Callum. Whatever happens, he deserves a good new contract and has been pivotal for us over the years, despite the injury.

Skyblueweeman

As great as Callum O'Hare is (and he's f*&king brilliant), no player is bigger than the team. If we lose him, it'll be shit.

But we've proved time and time again, that we'll get in decent replacements and be ok. And before some come back at me about not replacing Hamer, we're still doing pretty ok without him.

If we lose him, I'll be gutted. I'm not sure I'd describe it as losing the heartbeat of the team though.

Tommo1993

Please people, do not take what a very good player says at face value. If you’re creepy and daft enough to ask him in person if he’s staying, you’ll only go slagging him off like Hamer because you’re naive enough to believe it!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Whilst players hold the cards the majority of time right now and COH is back and fit, his risk with not doing some kind of deal with the club now is if he were to get injured again with an ACL, rehabilitation without a club could be a lot tougher but again, he may have insurance/PFA to cover his wage and no doubt the PFA can assist with St Georges etc so maybe not a big risk to him.

He will have better advisors than us but a deal now would give him improved wages, a new sign on bonus and a release clause that gives him an out if triggered, feels like wins all round, but only if he likes the numbers on wages, sign on and release figure.

mmttww

He's developed some software specifically for this forum, ChatshitGPT
mr t dancing GIF

Sbarcher

Hope Gus or Vik are not tapping him up!

mmttww

I've changed my mind - Doug King started the thread to see how selling O'Hare would go down. Hi, Doug!

harvey098

He’s such an important player for us and would love to keep him longer but can’t see it happening. I imagine him going to a club like leeds or similar.

I never get gutted by players leaving anymore though, there will always be another hero along to replace them.

bigfatronssba

I’m comfortable with whatever happens.

Now that the current squad has had a chance to settle we can see that our recruitment team are as effective as ever.

I’d like O’Hare to stay, but it’s not the end of the world if he goes.

Callum deserves to be offered a new contract with improved terms. But those terms should only be what the club can afford

Flying Fokker

As great as Callum O'Hare is (and he's f*&king brilliant), no player is bigger than the team. If we lose him, it'll be shit.

But we've proved time and time again, that we'll get in decent replacements and be ok. And before some come back at me about not replacing Hamer, we're still doing pretty ok without him.

If we lose him, I'll be gutted. I'm not sure I'd describe it as losing the heartbeat of the team though.
We managed without him. It’s been his return and the other players coming good that got us where we are. Maybe his playing Saturday will show what city’s intentions are? Being cup tied if he plays.

robbiethemole

Didn't he say he could only sign what's in front of him................and nothing was at the time??
Who do I believe, Callum or someone on SBT??? Hmmmm

Flying Fokker

He’s such an important player for us and would love to keep him longer but can’t see it happening. I imagine him going to a club like leeds or similar.

I never get gutted by players leaving anymore though, there will always be another hero along to replace them.
He’s a valuable player, but currently not as bright a star as at least one of our players.

slowpoke

COH will stay, we have proved recently we can win games with or without him and get the games won and won well in 70 minutes

theferret

I think people are overstating how much money the club is generating. I suspect we're making significant short term operating losses and the difference covered by the transfer revenues.

Crowds are probably about where they expected, possibly a bit lower considering the ST base, but corporate sales remain disappointing and some of the away followings for Cat A games (Albion, Stoke and Sunderland) were possibly way down on what they expected. I doubt they imagined Albion would only sell 1800 and Sunderland would fail to sell a 3K allocation.

Revenues will have gone up for sure, but then I guess costs have too, wage bill will be significantly higher, so these things have to be considered.

The counter argument is that you use the transfer windfalls to fund the additional wages. Not saying I disagree, but it's a mistake to assume we're suddenly profitable.

slowpoke

I think people are overstating how much money the club is generating. I suspect we're making significant short term operating losses and the difference covered by the transfer revenues.

Crowds are probably about where they expected, possibly a bit lower considering the ST base, but corporate sales remain disappointing and some of the away followings for Cat A games (Albion, Stoke and Sunderland) were possibly way down on what they expected. I doubt they imagined Albion would only sell 1800 and Sunderland would fail to sell a 3K allocation.

Revenues will have gone up for sure, but then I guess costs have too, wage bill will be significantly higher, so these things have to be considered.

The counter argument is that you use the transfer windfalls to fund the additional wages. Not saying I disagree, but it's a mistake to assume we're suddenly profitable.
Not sure about losses, we supposedly have no debt and gate receipts must have increased.

Robinshio

so we are getting good gates even for TV games which generate additional revenues
We have probably spent the Gyokeres money, but not yet touched the Hamer money
We saved on their wages + Waghorn and Walker who were both on significant pay
we had the play off money which was all a bonus, and Season ticket sales must have surpassed all expectations
I am not saying we are profitable, but we must be well within what Doug could have even dreamed of at this point from when he took over -

Grendel

The away fan revenue is chicken feed and let’s be honest the £37 pricing hasn’t really impacted at all and the sell out against Sheff Weds would offset losses at other games if the prices were less

The new Sky Deal next year doubles TV Revenue as well.

The clubs financial position and outlook with transfer surpluses is healthy

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

This is just Hamer mk2.

It's pretty simple, he will have been offered a very good rise on current wage, on back of 18 months of injury (ACL the most serious). The club can't afford to be offering silly money on a player that is more likely to break down seriously again (ACL injuries often lead to other types in highly tuned athletes)

If COH wants to stay he will sign, if not will walk away for a pay day at end of season and good luck to him.

But lets not start all this shit again that DK is "messing" it up - its down to the player. If he wants to go, then be honest (not lead us down the path)

The club remains, players pass through.

Alan Shearer had 2 ACL's in his career, didn't stop him being the top goal scorer in premier league.

Users who are viewing this thread