Are we about to lose the heartbeat of the club ? (2 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Never said it would stop him, just pointing out there is increased risk. Look at poor Jodi Jones as an example.

Club has to be sensible. Ball is in COH court.

Jodie Jones was let down by the then owner's of the Club, not paying for best surgeon to do the operation.

bigfatronssba

We definitely shouldn’t be using transfer fee income to cover wages. We’ll never progress if we do that.

In a healthy business operating costs should only ever be covered by operating income

SkyBlueMatt

Assuming that everyone likes a Jester?

Robins has said it himself.

You can tell he works incredibly hard but also comes across as a positive, happy person who people generally gravitate towards. You can have ying and yang, for example Bidwell. Good player, has had a big hand in settling the defence. He saves his smiles for very special occasions but they seem to get on.

I think it would have taken longer for the team to gel if you didn't have your Wilsons, O'Hares & MvEs. Football should be fun.

blunted

Obvs I want COH to stay as he is good for the team and apparently brilliant for team morale. He is nowhere near his best before the ACL injury and if he gets back to that level he is a £15 million player. I think when he was going to Burnley it was reported the fee was £7 to £9 million. Before the injury, he used to glide past players for fun in the centre of the park and that is why he was the most fouled player in the Championship. Opponents could just not get near him. It is noticable that he has lost that burst of initial pace, but is still the best number 10 at the club. He is less understandably inclined to tackle during a high press which used to help our offence. Nevertheless, he covers space brilliantly and has helped us win matches. I would gamble on him getting better and staying relatively injury free. Think our coaching team will be giving the best advice regarding a new contract. I would be surprised if he moves he will enjoy his football or his rapport with the fans as much as he does at City.

harvey098

O’Hare is a good player but I don’t think he’s the heartbeat of the team. I’d say there are 7-8 players in the current squad I’d be more upset at losing. Great if he stays. On we go if he doesn’t.

Would love to see that list of 7-8 players 🤯 COH is the first name on the teamsheet for me. He makes the whole team play with more energy / urgency.

Cally Fedora

Would love to see that list of 7-8 players 🤯 COH is the first name on the teamsheet for me. He makes the whole team play with more energy / urgency.
OK. As things stand now I’d say I’d be more upset to lose Wright, Sakamoto, Sheaf, Eccles, Van Ewijk, Kitching, Thomas and possibly even Bidwell. I’m not disputing or suggesting O’Hare is a good player but for the team the others matter more right now.

theferret

The away fan revenue is chicken feed and let’s be honest the £37 pricing hasn’t really impacted at all and the sell out against Sheff Weds would offset losses at other games if the prices were less

The new Sky Deal next year doubles TV Revenue as well.

The clubs financial position and outlook with transfer surpluses is healthy

We averaging match by match sales of around 5500 (at various price bands) so on average only selling around 55% of available tickets. I suspect they may have expected more, but perhaps not

I'm speculating of course, and the transfer surplus is healthy. I'm just not convinced we're swimming in money; increased revenues would go alongside increased costs, and we have invested in the pitch, retail offering and training ground. Does anyone know the finer details of the stadium deal? I haven't sent that so not sure of the impact that had.

Hopefully you're right and it will be interesting to see how the new TV deal changes the dynamic.

Astute

Obvs I want COH to stay as he is good for the team and apparently brilliant for team morale. He is nowhere near his best before the ACL injury
He has hit the ground running. Straight into the side as though he has never been missing and has been lethal near the box.....the one thing we always needed from him. Looks to have come back a better player.

Hobo

It would seem that more & more people seem to be aware of the impending loss of Callum O’Hare , at the end of the season.
He has asked for X amount & Deadly Doug Mk 2 ( remember the villa one ? ) is peeing about, instead of getting him signed up & the continued harmony inside our camp .
We have the added gate receipts & tills jingling from the club shop , so we are on an upward curve , but how would the loss of a player the calibre of Callum go down with the fans ?

Are you calling COH out as a liar? Because according to him he hasn't "asked for X". He has just been concentrating on getting fit and back to playing football.

He will of course at some point leave like countless great players before him. The club will continue because ultimately fans support the club not players.

Flying Fokker

We averaging match by match sales of around 5500 (at various price bands) so on average only selling around 55% of available tickets. I suspect they may have expected more, but perhaps not

I'm speculating of course, and the transfer surplus is healthy. I'm just not convinced we're swimming in money; increased revenues would go alongside increased costs, and we have invested in the pitch, retail offering and training ground. Does anyone know the finer details of the stadium deal? I haven't sent that so not sure of the impact that had.

Hopefully you're right and it will be interesting to see how the new TV deal changes the dynamic.
Talking of which. Saw this on Facebook. 1704225696201.jpeg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

O’Hare is a good player but I don’t think he’s the heartbeat of the team. I’d say there are 7-8 players in the current squad I’d be more upset at losing. Great if he stays. On we go if he doesn’t.

Really, just remind everyone how well the team were playing before he got back into the team.

Deity

We definitely shouldn’t be using transfer fee income to cover wages. We’ll never progress if we do that.

In a healthy business operating costs should only ever be covered by operating income
This is of course true.

The issue is of course trying to compete in a league where almost all clubs operate at a huge loss.

Deity

If we are all honest COH hasn’t yet hit his pre injury form heights. He’s certainly been effective for us, but he’s not back to his old self yet.

That said I am impressed with his goals and assists stats since his return but his general play isn’t quite up to his previous levels.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Or before Allen was fit? Or before Bidwell came in? Or before Wright & Saka settled? Or before Kitching came in? Or before we changed formation?

Changing the formation to accommodate Callum O'HARE, before then people were saying what a load of shite.

SkyBlueMatt

We were told morale would collapse if Wilson was dropped. I’m sure the squad would manage to cope if he left.
By who? That's nonsense and plus Wilson is still a member of the squad so I don't know how that's relevant?

Of course we will cope and move on if he was to leave, in Robins we trust but we would be a weaker side without him.

We seem to have a lot of introvert players in the squad, do you not see how players like O'Hare & Wilson are important off the field?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

By who? That's nonsense and plus Wilson is still a member of the squad so I don't know how that's relevant?

Of course we will cope and move on if he was to leave, in Robins we trust but we would be a weaker side without him.

We seem to have a lot of introvert players in the squad, do you not see how players like O'Hare & Wilson are important off the field?

Of course it’s nonsense, much the same as morale would collapse if CoH left. The squad would be weaker but it would also adapt.

Which of the players do you know to describe them as introvert?

SkyBlueMatt

Of course it’s nonsense, much the same as morale would collapse if CoH left. The squad would be weaker but it would also adapt.

Which of the players do you know to describe them as introvert?
I'm only judging on what I see on the pitch. When we first kicked off this season most of the new players seemed like they wouldn't say boo to a goose.

It wouldn't collapse but when you go through rough patches, players like O'Hare are invaluable.

There is no argument, Robins himself has said how important O'Hares character has been.

covboy9

a good player who will probably find more money elsewhere, good luck to him but he’s replaceable as is every player

even if we were a prem team we would lose our star players and we regularly did

Astute

We don't have 7 or 8 players that have proved themselves yet. O'Hare has. He has also brought a spark to the side. Even our goal celebrations are getting more intense. And having O'Hare back has been a coincidence of Sakamoto hitting top form up front with Wright?

JimmyHillsbeard

Player we signed on a free, leaves the same way?

if you were O’Hare or his agent I doubt there’s actually anything the club could do to persuade you to sign a new contract at this stage. I’m amazed that people think there’s a chance.

long way home

Ball is in players court now, take it or leave it and if its leave it the club will act. Hope Callum and the club can work a compromise, but i am not confident. I think he really loves being at the club and does love the game. And that will be the only way he stays, knowing he is getting games and is adored by the fans. Sometimes that's enough, better the devil you know and all that.....

Cant see it, but until its announced its guess work.

Telfer85

Without doubt it would be great if he stayed. You can see how influential he is on and off the pitch. However at this stage him and his agent would be mad not to see what’s on offer. My instinct says he’ll be off I’m hoping in the summer but if he hasn’t signed and a good offer comes in I’m sure he’ll be gone this month.

As for city I’m sure we have offered the deal we think he’s worth. I’m also sure robins and Doug have talked about it as well so we know where we stand. They will have planned for all outcomes. I think this season has shown it can take time but we can find replacements for our best players. After o hare nearly everyone else is tied down for 3 or 4 years so there is a clear long term plan on building a quality squad that won’t change every summer unless we want it to.

Macca1987

I would love him to stay but I can't see it at all. He has come back from very serious injuries and I would imagine it plays on his mind that he doesn't have that many years left at the top level to sort himself out for life. Another injury could see him drifting down the leagues. I have loved seeing him play for us, the passion he shows with his team mates is immense. If he goes I wish him only well PUSB

Sick Boy

At this point there is likely little chance of him staying. I also don’t think he has such an affinity to the club that he would stay based on that.

Reactions: AOM

Users who are viewing this thread