Are the fans of this club the part of the problem? (1 Viewer)

well there is a hell of a lot more evidence of someone assuming the moral high ground in your post than there is in ccfcdan's one! That attracts resentment from me, towards you and your views. Not for the first time!

1) "no credible alternative..cite hoffman as a saviour": That's slightly contradicting and very patronising. We know that there was a bid, but it was scuppered by kd. Hoffman not being credible is your opinion, not a fact. I think he is credible, and many agree. - apologies if i sounded patronising. We agree to differ regarding the "hoffman" bid and the circumstances in which it came to be rejected.
2) "many fans prefer to stick with sisu than see the club go into administration". Blimey, where do i start with this doozy?!? Most fans wouldn't prefer sisu to administration; many would take the hit to get rid of them. And it's an irrelevant argument; most of the supposed "debt" is to sisu through loans. The one's who lose most through administration are sisu, who would get less from that route than they would from accepting a bid of, say, £1 up front then 10-15% of the loan figure in installments over the next few years. So they won't put is into administration. If they did, then we'd be much more attractive to more potential owners who could "start again" to some extent. And with sisu's "strategy" all but guaranteeing relegation, the loss of income and financial damage will be so great that it will threaten the clubs very existence. That's worse than administration... - we agree to differ. Many fans I speak to and sit with see administration as unacceptable and the worse outcome.
3) "we just do not ram (our views) down your throats with protests". Erm...the protests were voicing a viewpoint. Protesting is an inalienable human right; without protests, libya would still be a dictatorship. You seem to be taking a very autocratic standpoint that few bar our owners, middle ages monarchs, and dictatorial leaders would agree with! But the bit i really take issue with is "ramming views down throats"; the protests were deliberately family-friendly. If anything, they were too gentile. They in no way merited the intolerant response that ccfcdan posted about. apologies. When I walked by I was told I need to "take a long hard look at myself". I was made to feel uncomfortable attending a football match with my son, the comment implying my support for my club was not welcome. I accept this comment was that of one person and probably not indicative of the many fans who sought to voice their protests. Please do not suggest the protests were too "gentile" as that conjures up the prospect of unsavory scenes even if that was not what you intended by such remark -.
4) "we are just as entitled to our views as you are". Gross hypocrisy! So you can have your view, but we're "ramming them down peoples throats" by expressing ours in a peaceful and civilized manner?!? - you do not appear comfortable with me expressing my view, seeking to ridicule and shout me down should I post anything contrary to your viewpoint.
5) "we will not be made to feel unfaithful to our club". Nobody said that you had to. I understand that some don't want to protest and they'd rather get behind the lads than boycott. Most protesters agree with me. Bit paranoid there, fella-guilty conscience, perhaps? - no. Not paranoid. Just fed up that if i do not tow the party line on this forum then i am a wum / not a fan / a bit paranoid etc etc. It wears a bit thin after a while.
6) "i too sensed yesterday many fans running out of patience with the protests". Wow, psychic too? Well, better crush us with bullets and tanks, eh? You need to accept - many fans do not share your views. Many remain undecided. Many accept their lot. You should not seek to alienate us simply because we do not "get off our backsides" and throw our support behind you. You need to listen. I was inside the ground and very much aware of the comments and concerns of those sitting by me and around me. You can dismiss my comments and those of others, but you will not win hearts and minds in your cause if you do so.

you win my "post of the year" award, btw. Utter bleedin genius.
- sums up your attitude really. Well done. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

Last edited:

cloughie

- sums up your attitude really. Well done. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself.

I would agree with most of what NLHWC says but disagree strongly with your reply to this
TIMS "we will not be made to feel unfaithful to our club".
NLHWC Nobody said that you had to. I understand that some don't want to protest and they'd rather get behind the lads than boycott. Most protesters agree with me. Bit paranoid there, fella-guilty conscience, perhaps? - TIMS no. Not paranoid. Just fed up that if i do not tow the party line on this forum then i am a wum / not a fan / a bit paranoid etc etc. It wears a bit thin after a while

I can honestly say that when the fans who were protesting went in at 3.15 the rest of the fans applauded them in a genourous spirit. You seem a little over sensative if nothing else
It also depends on were you sit i guess and who you talk to, I would gauge it as 90% want sisu out and yes some are wary of the hoff

But I do agree that protesters etc need to win all the fans hearts and minds

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

"Sums up my attitude?" That's a tad vague. I felt better for explaining why much of your post was badly thought out and difficult to justify; but in turn, I don't feel your reply has really made things any clearer. I do think you are paranoid. I don't understand why you think I want to alienate people-I said that I'm fine with people not boycotting; you quote my post, but it doesn't look like you actually read it properly! "I hope you feel better about yourself" suggests that you have some serious insecurity issues. Stop being such a "poor me", man! Shouting you down? No, it's called debate. Sorry, you can't get away with posting indefensible views and not expect to have them challenged. IT'S A FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh, and by the way TIMS-I'd only ever replied to anything you've said before once; that doesn't count as me "always ridiculing" your viewpoint. That is paranoia. However, as long as you post views that I disagree with, yes, I will challenge those views. That's how it works....:)

Delboycov

All because fans choose not to stand outside next to the statue for a singalong does nto mean that they are not passionate about all things CCFC. I choose not to protest because it will do nothing and achieve nothing however i can see why other people feel the need. There is no other option until someone else comes to the table and so far apart from one piss porr bid this has not happened.

The fans that you speak of getting away from their wives are simply just not coming up to the ricoh anymore, i can name about 10 that io know who choose to stay away.

As I said earlier on I spoke to several season ticket holders in the days before the protest and when I mentioned to them I was attending the protest they genuinely had no idea what I was talking about. More than one enquired who this SISU guy was...another said this SISU guy "needs a slap" and I was also asked by another Ricoh regular "Why doesn't anyone like that player called TUTU?"! Lots of 'fans' are completely clueless as to what's going on and my personal theory is that for them their CCFC committment only extends to being there for 90 minutes every fortnight.

As for passionate fans supporting the team...half of them could be replaced by cardboard cut outs and nobody would notice such is their vocal contribution to the morgue like atmosphere at the Ricoh. As I said before to those mocking the "pathetic" protest...carry on burying your head in the sand and let the destruction of our club continue without questioning what's happening. You will end up getting the club you deserve...

GaryPendrysEyes

If anyone thinks SISU laughed off the protest you are very much mistaken. This is about their name and brand hitting the media in a negative way with the prospect of more to come- in particular their financial mismanagement and their lack of management competence. The protest succeeded in this- keep it going in a way that that hits the media and it will have an impact.

@richh87

I have a certain amount of sympathy for the protesters but again could not work out the purpose of going into the ground and therefore paying full price and giving money to the evil SISU in the process! I went to the game, had a quick look at the prtest turned around and went into the ground, really enjoyed easy access to the bar and a great goal. I think we played really well for the first 15mins!!

I am not SISU's biggest fan but i am a realist, they have no money and are not willing to give up the club for free, do you blame them??? Personally i dont for this!

Yes I f*cking blame them - they paid a pound for it the c*nts!

Last edited:

@richh87

How dare any of you criticize the protest for being too well behaved. What the hell have you people done to save your club? If you want it to kick off at the protest then turn up and kick off - don't sit behind your keyboard pretending to be Rambo.

@richh87

Hoffman could pay a pound for the club too...

The question was do I blame them for not giving the club up for free - yes I do. I'll give them the quid they put in no problem.

They couldn't give a toss about us as a football team - we're just a bad choice of investment. They cocked up and should get lost.

Grendel

The question was do I blame them for not giving the club up for free - yes I do. I'll give them the quid they put in no problem.

They couldn't give a toss about us as a football team - we're just a bad choice of investment. They cocked up and should get lost.

Yes they should sisu and those people who introduced then to the club ranson and Elliot, what are they doing now I wonder?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

How dare any of you criticize the protest for being too well behaved. What the hell have you people done to save your club? If you want it to kick off at the protest then turn up and kick off - don't sit behind your keyboard pretending to be Rambo.

Haha have you not read any of the previous post's instead decide to be a hypocrite and give it the Barry McGuigan? :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

@richh87

Haha have you not read any of the previous post's instead decide to be a hypocrite and give it the Barry McGuigan? :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

How is that giving it the biggun? I'm telling these people to get out there and do something - i'm not the one saying i'd like it to kick off!

In response to the opening thread - yes I think the fans are part of the problem - many of them can't be arsed. However, that is due to around 40 years of shit ('87 aside).

Cobi Jones's Dreads

How is that giving it the biggun? I'm telling these people to get out there and do something - i'm not the one saying i'd like it to kick off!

In response to the opening thread - yes I think the fans are part of the problem - many of them can't be arsed. However, that is due to around 40 years of shit ('87 aside).

Rich it sounded like it was aimed at me and like i said in previous posts i have done something about it and will continue with the idea about packing out the Reading away end. Don't be confused people who thought the protest was poor have their own opinions and some of them are doing something about it. I think we are starting to loose touch with what we all have in common on this forum and that is being cov fan's so there is no need for this bickering crap which is becoming all to a common a site on here. Damn i miss the days of a four hundred word essay from oldskyblue with 23 likes at the bottom. :(

@richh87

Rich it sounded like it was aimed at me and like i said in previous posts i have done something about it and will continue with the idea about packing out the Reading away end. Don't be confused people who thought the protest was poor have their own opinions and some of them are doing something about it. I think we are starting to loose touch with what we all have in common on this forum and that is being cov fan's so there is no need for this bickering crap which is becoming all to a common a site on here. Damn i miss the days of a four hundred word essay from oldskyblue with 23 likes at the bottom. :(

Well it wasn't specifically aimed at you mate. It was aimed at anyone having a pop at the protests because it shows a certain amount of passion and a willingness to put yourself out there.

I'm just frustrated that people won't unite - they'd rather find excuses not to join a protest. I feel like people don't give a shit.

Changeyourface

SISU must be shaking in their boots 200 hundred friendly protesters raising money (for who I wonder?) by selling...... wristbands!

Tankie

SISU must be shaking in their boots 200 hundred friendly protesters raising money (for who I wonder?) by selling...... wristbands!
No, they won't be quaking in their boots, they'll be sunning themselves on some Idyllic Atoll in the Indian ocean, well out of earshot of those awful, ungrateful, Coventry city Fans.

Changeyourface

Well it wasn't specifically aimed at you mate. It was aimed at anyone having a pop at the protests because it shows a certain amount of passion and a willingness to put yourself out there.

I'm just frustrated that people won't unite - they'd rather find excuses not to join a protest. I feel like people don't give a shit.

You're not seriously claiming the protest showed any passion?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Johnnythespider

You're not seriously claiming the protest showed any passion?

I think my bro who made a coffin in his own time, at his own expense showed passion. I think the guy who got up at 5:30 and went into work to print posters to hand out showed passion. I understand the wristbands were sold to cover the cost of producing them, nobody was forced to buy one. Oh and there were children present at this protest, it was never going to turn into the riot you were hoping for. Note to self, kicking off = showing passion for your club, and there was me thinking it was just an excuse for a tear up. I'm going to make an assumption now and hazard a guess that you are somewhat younger than those who organised SOC, if this is correct you could perhaps go to the next meeting and make your views on how things should progress known.

Changeyourface

I think my bro who made a coffin in his own time, at his own expense showed passion. I think the guy who got up at 5:30 and went into work to print posters to hand out showed passion. I understand the wristbands were sold to cover the cost of producing them, nobody was forced to buy one. Oh and there were children present at this protest, it was never going to turn into the riot you were hoping for. Note to self, kicking off = showing passion for your club, and there was me thinking it was just an excuse for a tear up. I'm going to make an assumption now and hazard a guess that you are somewhat younger than those who organised SOC, if this is correct you could perhaps go to the next meeting and make your views on how things should progress known.

You carry on making cardboard coffins and posters and enjoy your 2 lines in the corner of the daily star. You're trying to get rid of a multi-million pound company not run your own village fete you'll be selling cupcakes at the next protest ffs. Whilst I think the rioters last year were scumbags, did you see how they made headlines? If they had turned up outside Scotland Yard and said "excuse me officer I think it was mighty unfair of you to shoot that black fellow" it wouldn't have had quite the same impact. I'm not saying people should go looking for a fight but they should show a bit more determination i.e march into the office blocks and refuse to leave. However you just decided to stand outside in the cold for a while, sing some hymns for the camera and then piss off, explain to me how that is meant to acheive anything? Most people in the city don't know there was a protest how are you expecting to grab anyone else's attention?

lordsummerisle

I think my bro who made a coffin in his own time, at his own expense showed passion. I think the guy who got up at 5:30 and went into work to print posters to hand out showed passion. I understand the wristbands were sold to cover the cost of producing them, nobody was forced to buy one. Oh and there were childrenpresent at this protest, it was never going to turn into the riot you were hoping for. Note to self, kicking off = showing passion for your club, and there was me thinking it was just an excuse for a tear up. I'm going to make an assumption now and hazard a guess that you are somewhat younger than those who organised SOC, if this is correct you could perhaps go to the next meeting and make your views on how things should progress known.

So he got them done for free at work, then sold wristbands to cover the "costs"?

Does he work for SISU??

ccfcdan

Haha this is the best thread I've seen in a long time on SBT. (Tries to find the rate button)

Some brilliant comments from most posters and some great debating. This is why SBT is the best Cov City forum online.
Just wish i took my time writng the title,Not sure the extra ''the'' is required :D

Mr T - Sukka!

I could not be at the game on Saturday but i think that the people that are actually getting off there arse and doing something about the situation even just by bringing it to attention, deserve a lot of praise.

Well done and thank you, you are a credit to the good of CCFC. Its showing passion just by showing you care!

As for people slagging off the protest/demo i think you may need to have a think about WHY people are protesting. The club is sinking faster than a turd at Christmas.

If nothing is done we could end up like Bradford. Look where they are!

lordsummerisle

I could not be at the game on Saturday but i think that the people that are actually getting off there arse and doing something about the situation even just by bringing it to attention, deserve a lot of praise.

Well done and thank you, you are a credit to the good of CCFC. Its showing passion just by showing you care!

As for people slagging off the protest/demo i think you may need to have a think about WHY people are protesting. The club is sinking faster than a turd at Christmas.

If nothing is done we could end up like Bradford. Look where they are!

We could end up in Yorkshire? Yikes!

When's the next protest? I'm there.

Users who are viewing this thread