Are People really Bleating? (1 Viewer)

Astute

To talk about football, oh wait ;)

I see at least a hint of irony here.

You keep having a go at those that don't talk much on a thread for when we are playing. Try checking the match threads these days. The majority of posts are not about the game.

Would you prefer it for me to join in on matchday threads when I am not at the game so I could join in with all the posts saying how shit we are and how clueless SP seems or him not having a plan B? Personally I think that is why SISU gave him an extended contract. Neither SISU or SP have a plan B :p

stupot07

To be fair I have enough of the whole situation don't give a fuck anymore.

The main concern must now be are we going to survive in this league, or are we going to drop down another league loose another 3000 fans.
Our team is weak we have to strengthen it before it is too late, we always do worse after Xmas......:mad:

think of how depressing it will be when Wasps complete their takeover of Higgs share and own 100% Ricoh, and we're then confined to a lifetime of being a tenant with no hope of owning the ricoh (leasehold) and a glass ceiling above us which potentially limits us to the midlands version of Doncaster Rovers....

skybluetony176

To be fair I have enough of the whole situation don't give a fuck anymore.

The main concern must now be are we going to survive in this league, or are we going to drop down another league loose another 3000 fans.
Our team is weak we have to strengthen it before it is too late, we always do worse after Xmas......:mad:

I think you've hit the nail on the head there LETS. Time to look forward.

Nick

Administrator
I see at least a hint of irony here.

You keep having a go at those that don't talk much on a thread for when we are playing. Try checking the match threads these days. The majority of posts are not about the game.

Would you prefer it for me to join in on matchday threads when I am not at the game so I could join in with all the posts saying how shit we are and how clueless SP seems or him not having a plan B? Personally I think that is why SISU gave him an extended contract. Neither SISU or SP have a plan B :p

Irony? Plenty of people are in the match threads who aren't at the game? I'm not just on about match threads on their own, but the football in general. Some members seem to have no interest at all about the actual football, which is why we all support ccfc isn't it?
Looks a bit fishy when people aren't fussed at all about the football but spend plenty of time about the politics.

lifelongcityfan

Irony? Plenty of people are in the match threads who aren't at the game? I'm not just on about match threads on their own, but the football in general. Some members seem to have no interest at all about the actual football, which is why we all support ccfc isn't it?
Looks a bit fishy when people aren't fussed at all about the football but spend plenty of time about the politics.

lifelongcityfan

The football is so poor at the moment it doesnt warrant many football posts

The politics regarding the change of owners is the only hope we have...i very much doubt we will ever get promoted under SISU, their whole plan is to reduce spending as much as possible

dongonzalos

The football threads are getting a bit boring

We don't have wing backs, we play with wing backs. By not having natural wing backs playing that position it stumps us when it comes to attacking.

Our manager refuses to change the system because he has made a massive deal about playing a certain way 'the Coventry way' this system has been implemented at all levels. So kids can be a conveyor belt coming into the team to be sold on for a profit in order to fund the club.

SP needs to have the balls to change 'the Coventry way' temporarily until we get genuine wing backs like Blair Adams.

Or he moulds Phillips and Haynes into playing that way.

Until SP either changes the formation or addresses the wing back issue. The football threads will be the same

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

I have been told I know nothing about football just today, that maybe true as I only watch Coventry, I am not interested in players at other clubs, at my age can't even remember the CCFC players they change that much......

As for politics know little about that ether?

But I do know one thing Sisu are cunts:)

So you'll have to take that as you see it.

Grendel

Hang on a minute, I just get in my tardis, pop to the future and get the proof for you, no problem.......

I take it you think wasps coming here will lead to less money getting spent here by sports fans from other areas.
Will bring less money into our economy.
That the council did not get a return in their investment.
That the charity will spend less on the city as a result of getting its 2.77 million.
That nobody from Coventry will go and watch wasps and enjoy it.
That the Ricoh's profile will decrease as a result if wasps playing there.
That wasps won't build any training facilities and this won't create more jobs in the city.

Comedy
I take it you think wasps coming here will lead to less money getting spent here by sports fans from other areas.

A random statement that when broken down means nothing.

There will clearly be more money spent even if the council encouraged Nuneaton Town to play here. Ultimately that is irrelevant or you would actually be accusing all councils who own stadiums who do not follow the mantra of encouraging as many Sports Franchises to the City as they possibly can. Why stop there? Why not encourage a Rugby League Team to play in the summer here?

So, the statement is nonsensical as active pursuit of sporting franchises to council owned football stadia is not something actively pursued by any council – other than ours.

Pretty much the same comment isn’t it? Same answer applies. So what – Chelsea would bring more money into the economy but it is not a strategy that would be considered acceptable by any other community I care to think of and certainly no council would be slaughtered by not bringing such a super franchise in.

Of course, if the plan fails and the football club moves out of the City boundaries as a consequence of non-ownership and the Rugby Club sees its attendances substitute to the Wasps fan base there is a real possibility less money will ultimately come in through Sporting Expenditure as a leisure pursuit.

That the Council Did Not get a return on their Investment

I would assume on this one you have gleaned this from the Council response to critics of the move. The same one that made a statement that £6 million was generated the last time (in fact only time) Wasps were here. This statement was absurd and the crowd quoted was 7,000 more than reality and included a substantial away following.

Back to the point – it makes no sense and I can draw one of three possible conclusions;

The council invested only £2.7 million in the whole project in which case over 9 years the level of investment of public money has been immaterial

They include payments made by the football club which means the club has bank rolled the whole inept project

The information is as accurate as the attendance quoted for the Wasps game

A combination of 2 and 3 is my guess.

That the charity will spend less on the city as a result of getting its 2.77 million.

This is a flagrantly disingenuous argument. You should look at the founder of the charity and see what his ambitions, aims and objectives were. His clear passion was the City and sport that existed within the City and in particular the football club. I cannot speak for him but neither can you. However I believe he would be extremely distressed at the outcome and would value the sporting heritage of the City and its preservation far more than you do.
As previously stated I have to say that PWKH gave a very sensible interview on the radio station regarding the sale. It is pretty obvious the ludicrous shenanigans of both sisu and the council left the charity in an impossible position However, I would suggest to you the charity and in particular the benefactor would give far deeper thought than a crude analysis as to who pays more deserves the prize.

An absurd argument. I am sure there are characters within the City who would enjoy public dog fighting or have legitimate dogging sites. The vast majority would not. The argument you deploy regarding a sale to benefit the tax payer you now totally turn on its head and exercise legitimacy for what would be a very tiny minority of the tax paying public. I think we will move on from that one hastily for your own sake.

This ultimately is an absurd paradigm which discounts all you thought processes. The argument that the profile will increase will only interest the community if it is part of the community. By actually encouraging a sale to an irrelevant party regarding the City and its cultural heritage you are removing the relevance of the building to the general public. No one will care.

That wasps won't build any training facilities and this won't create more jobs in the city.

I would have no more clue if they will or if they will not. Neither do you. Jobs will be minimal and there is no commitment to do so and if they do they could very well do it outside the City Boundaries.

Ultimately your argument appears to boil down to one basic fact – take the money as they have to for the benefit of the whole community.

This again is absurd. The council funds many projects to the benefit of elements of the taxpayer and not all. I can go through various examples if you wish but all I am sure you would want scrapping as they do not benefit the whole. Sport and the value of local sport should be placed in high value by the elected council. It is in all other councils up and down the land. Ours, however, show scant regard.

Encourage this folly with peril. I would say repent at leisure but regarding leisure pursuits if you take a trip in your Tardis I am sure the council will have achieved their mission in removing such activities out of the city in the not too distant future.

Comedy? No just tragic and utterly shameful.

skybluetony176

There will clearly be more money spent even if the council encouraged Nuneaton Town to play here. Ultimately that is irrelevant or you would actually be accusing all councils who own stadiums who do not follow the mantra of encouraging as many Sports Franchises to the City as they possibly can. Why stop there? Why not encourage a Rugby League Team to play in the summer here?

So, the statement is nonsensical as active pursuit of sporting franchises to council owned football stadia is not something actively pursued by any council – other than ours.

Pretty much the same comment isn’t it? Same answer applies. So what – Chelsea would bring more money into the economy but it is not a strategy that would be considered acceptable by any other community I care to think of and certainly no council would be slaughtered by not bringing such a super franchise in.

Of course, if the plan fails and the football club moves out of the City boundaries as a consequence of non-ownership and the Rugby Club sees its attendances substitute to the Wasps fan base there is a real possibility less money will ultimately come in through Sporting Expenditure as a leisure pursuit.

I would assume on this one you have gleaned this from the Council response to critics of the move. The same one that made a statement that £6 million was generated the last time (in fact only time) Wasps were here. This statement was absurd and the crowd quoted was 7,000 more than reality and included a substantial away following.

Back to the point – it makes no sense and I can draw one of three possible conclusions;

The council invested only £2.7 million in the whole project in which case over 9 years the level of investment of public money has been immaterial

They include payments made by the football club which means the club has bank rolled the whole inept project

This is a flagrantly disingenuous argument. You should look at the founder of the charity and see what his ambitions, aims and objectives were. His clear passion was the City and sport that existed within the City and in particular the football club. I cannot speak for him but neither can you. However I believe he would be extremely distressed at the outcome and would value the sporting heritage of the City and its preservation far more than you do.
As previously stated I have to say that PWKH gave a very sensible interview on the radio station regarding the sale. It is pretty obvious the ludicrous shenanigans of both sisu and the council left the charity in an impossible position However, I would suggest to you the charity and in particular the benefactor would give far deeper thought than a crude analysis as to who pays more deserves the prize.

An absurd argument. I am sure there are characters within the City who would enjoy public dog fighting or have legitimate dogging sites. The vast majority would not. The argument you deploy regarding a sale to benefit the tax payer you now totally turn on its head and exercise legitimacy for what would be a very tiny minority of the tax paying public. I think we will move on from that one hastily for your own sake.

This ultimately is an absurd paradigm which discounts all you thought processes. The argument that the profile will increase will only interest the community if it is part of the community. By actually encouraging a sale to an irrelevant party regarding the City and its cultural heritage you are removing the relevance of the building to the general public. No one will care.

I would have no more clue if they will or if they will not. Neither do you. Jobs will be minimal and there is no commitment to do so and if they do they could very well do it outside the City Boundaries.

Ultimately your argument appears to boil down to one basic fact – take the money as they have to for the benefit of the whole community.

This again is absurd. The council funds many projects to the benefit of elements of the taxpayer and not all. I can go through various examples if you wish but all I am sure you would want scrapping as they do not benefit the whole. Sport and the value of local sport should be placed in high value by the elected council. It is in all other councils up and down the land. Ours, however, show scant regard.

Encourage this folly with peril. I would say repent at leisure but regarding leisure pursuits if you take a trip in your Tardis I am sure the council will have achieved their mission in removing such activities out of the city in the not too distant future.

Like I said, DULL? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Astute

Not half as boring as seeing people come on just to talk about politics and then do one again ;)

I agree. We should talk more about the fantastic high tempo football that we are playing and not the politics that means nothing to any of us ;)

torchomatic

Come on Astute, get it right, it's "high press".

I agree. We should talk more about the fantastic high tempo football that we are playing and not the politics that means nothing to any of us ;)

dongonzalos

Bloody hell that was a lot of words surrounding

Yes more money will be spent due to sporting fans travelling into the city. When there is a threat of having no team at the Ricoh brining in fans.

Yes the charity will get 2.77 million cash that charity spends their money on Coventry.

Yes jobs will be created if the training centre is built.

Yes the council now have more money freed up.

Yes to ask for proof of all the above was a ridiculous request as it will happen in the future.

dongonzalos

Thats unfair, he's clearly put a lot of effort in there, and even if you don't agree, it's better to either come back with explanations, or to ignore.

It's a lot of guff surrounding a begrudging acceptance of all the reasons why the council had to take this deal. Without actually ever admitting he is wrong ( a physical impossibility for him)

Grendel

Bloody hell that was a lot of words surrounding

Yes more money will be spent due to sporting fans travelling into the city. When there is a threat of having no team at the Ricoh brining in fans.

Yes the charity will get 2.77 million cash that charity spends their money on Coventry.

Yes jobs will be created if the training centre is built.

Yes the council now have more money freed up.

Yes to ask for proof of all the above was a ridiculous request as it will happen in the future.

In other words no answer at all to the points raised.

None at all.

At least you admit CCFC are boring -- time to leave here do you not think?

Grendel

It's a lot of guff surrounding a begrudging acceptance of all the reasons why the council had to take this deal. Without actually ever admitting he is wrong ( a physical impossibility for him)

Its an admission of nothing and your view that Alan Edward Higgs would just be purely interested in the cash frankly disgraces his name -- and I mean that.

I hope at least you have some respect and will acknowledge that.

letsallsingtogether

In other words no answer at all to the points raised.

None at all.

At least you admit CCFC are boring -- time to leave here do you not think?

Fuck me Grendel are you saying Coventry are exciting?:confused:

dongonzalos

Its an admission of nothing and your view that Alan Edward Higgs would just be purely interested in the cash frankly disgraces his name -- and I mean that.

I hope at least you have some respect and will acknowledge that.

Nice attempt to change the point again.

They will be interested in the cash so the charity to help the people of Coventry again with that cash

letsallsingtogether

And the other funny thing is that people were moaning about CCC not selling the Ricoh and then making people redundant.
Then when they do sell they are up in arms.:confused:
Nice attempt to change the point again.

They will be interested in the cash so the charity to help the people of Coventry again with that cash

Rusty Trombone

And the other funny thing is that people were moaning about CCC not selling the Ricoh and then making people redundant.
Then when they do sell they are up in arms.:confused:

It is hard to keep up with who is being sarcastic about holding a view, and who actually is stating their real view.

We need some clarity, maybe if everyone could just go back to writing what they really think it would help out a lot.

dongonzalos

The "point" by the way is to emphasise the glib way you quote ideas as facts and often get your facts wrong.

On this thread you mention the several games Wasps played at the Ricoh - its one

All nonsense, all wumming and all utterly pointless

This is pure quality, getting your facts wrong whilst slating someone for getting their facts wrong.

Grendel as more often than not you are wrong

I know an apology will not be forthcoming but again don't worry we all know you got it wrong again....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread