Apart from the chaos earlier in the week at the supermarkets (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

We're very lucky to live in the Vale of Evesham, where we're surrounded by growers, market gardeners, industrial-scale glasshouses, etc.
We have a company in the village (Vale Fresco - a number of other sites around Stratford too) who delivered to my door a random selection of veg and salads
Aubergine, Courgette, Pepper, Bulb Fennel, Beetroot, Chillis, Spinach, Rocket, Baby Salad Leaves, Romaine Lettuce, Little Gem Lettuce, Baby Tomatoes, Cucumber, Squash, Red Onion, Sweet Potatoes (think that's the lot!) all for a tenner

OffenhamSkyBlue

Talking to the supplier today, the hens can't lay fast enough , the bloke can't collect them fast enough, and he can't box them up fast enough to keep up with demand. He says the roads are quiet though!

wingy

Talking to the supplier today, the hens can't lay fast enough , the bloke can't collect them fast enough, and he can't box them up fast enough to keep up with demand. He says the roads are quiet though!
Maybe poeple are anticipating doing a lot more home baking in case there was a genuine downturn on the delivery flour sounds like it's flown ofc the shelves as well

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Went to Morrison’s today, queued up for a couple of minutes 2m apart, they had pretty much everything. Only things I couldn’t get were slices of Gouda which I don’t even know if they sell and had to settle for summer fruits double strength squash instead of apple and black current. Oh and they only had little tins of tomatoes.

Was way better than I expected after all the stories.
Aldi sell Gouda

skyblueinBaku

Maybe poeple are anticipating doing a lot more home baking in case there was a genuine downturn on the delivery flour sounds like it's flown ofc the shelves as well
There is certainly a problem getting flour down here. I haven't seen bread flour on the local supermarket shelves for a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread