Anyone see (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There must have been a few more.
If that was you, please get in touch with us and tell us about your early, crowd free train journey home.
We'd love to hear your story.
Two in 544 left at 3-0 to go to the pub. Though I got the impression that was going to be the highlight of their day regardless of the result.

Hobo

People need to get a life.
I hate half and half scarfs, but I wouldn't start a fight over one ffs!

Captain_Slackbladder

5% or not 5% Man United fans who are acting like cocks after thar deserve a good slap. I thought it wasn't possible to hate them any more before I did before Sunday

Torquay Sky Blue

I was on the Jubilee line heading to Wembley when about 3 stops prior , a load of pissed Utd followers got on , singing their shit songs with southern accents. I was the only one in the carriage in a sky blue shirt, so pretended to look at my phone.
Same thing happened a year ago . Difference was the Luton fans spoke to me.

South West Sky Blue

I was stuck on a carriage full of Luton last year. High spirits & loud but everyone respectful. However I rushed out after the game last year to catch a train from Waterloo. Had one chavvy Luton "fan" on the tube state he missed the penalties because he was hungry so went for food!

This year I entered the stadium in red zone, letter P. A group of about 6 lads in mid-20s trying to push in. I blocked a few off. One couldn't even stand, clearly smashed off his tits. I pointed him out three times to stewards who did nothing and shrugged their shoulders.
I'd like us to police ourselves more, but even when you do - you can be ignored.

Sick Boy

I was stuck on a carriage full of Luton last year. High spirits & loud but everyone respectful. However I rushed out after the game last year to catch a train from Waterloo. Had one chavvy Luton "fan" on the tube state he missed the penalties because he was hungry so went for food!

This year I entered the stadium in red zone, letter P. A group of about 6 lads in mid-20s trying to push in. I blocked a few off. One couldn't even stand, clearly smashed off his tits. I pointed him out three times to stewards who did nothing and shrugged their shoulders.
I'd like us to police ourselves more, but even when you do - you can be ignored.
They were young men enjoying the day out, no need to try and stop them being let in.

Joy Division

I was on the Jubilee line heading to Wembley when about 3 stops prior , a load of pissed Utd followers got on , singing their shit songs with southern accents. I was the only one in the carriage in a sky blue shirt, so pretended to look at my phone.
Same thing happened a year ago . Difference was the Luton fans spoke to me.
similar thing happened to me on the journey, though I did find it funny the United fans getting on the tube with cockney accents proceeding to sing in a Manc twang

biggymania

They were young men enjoying the day out, no need to try and stop them being let in.
I get this viewpoint if we're just talking about happy drunks, but the guy who headbutted someone in our block was absolutely wasted. He'd apparently not eaten and drank all day in the lead up and at Wembley. So being completely out of control can lead to this sort of behaviour.

There's a line between "enjoying the day out" and smacking up innocent people because you can't handle your alcohol or your class As. The consequence should be on them, not the rest of the fanbase.

Sick Boy

I get this viewpoint if we're just talking about happy drunks, but the guy who headbutted someone in our block was absolutely wasted. He'd apparently not eaten and drank all day in the lead up and at Wembley. So being completely out of control can lead to this sort of behaviour.

There's a line between "enjoying the day out" and smacking up innocent people because you can't handle your alcohol or your class As. The consequence should be on them, not the rest of the fanbase.
Yeah I’m not including head butting someone!

Sick Boy

similar thing happened to me on the journey, though I did find it funny the United fans getting on the tube with cockney accents proceeding to sing in a Manc twang
I’ve been in pubs with southern Liverpool fans singing with scouse accents - it’s weird.

biggymania

Yeah I’m not including head butting someone!
I know - but my point is that state of being wasted can easily move from "enjoying the day out" to "WOT U LOOKIN AT M8" and intimidation and violence.

I don't have a good answer but I think we should expect people to be in control of themselves and their bodies or be denied entry/be ejected. There's a big difference between just being a bit pissed and being completely unable to control yourself. Tough call to make though for a steward.

hamertime

It’s literally a handful of people out of 80,000 crowd. These things will happen at any event. Especially on a Sunday when a lot of people are just topping up from the the night before.

I thought our support was twice as good as the Luton game.

Sick Boy

I know - but my point is that state of being wasted can easily move from "enjoying the day out" to "WOT U LOOKIN AT M8" and intimidation and violence.

I don't have a good answer but I think we should expect people to be in control of themselves and their bodies or be denied entry/be ejected. There's a big difference between just being a bit pissed and being completely unable to control yourself. Tough call to make though for a steward.
Most of those in the crowd would have been drinking a fair bit. I don’t think it’s fair to tar the majority due to the actions of a small minority of idiots.

MalcSB

To be fair, I had a chat with a couple of Coventry fans who had southern accents.

messiahrobins

Didnt see any trouble at all with Man Utd fans.
Did witness a row at my gym on Monday though with a Man utd fan which was surreal really.

JAM See

Most of the country says corrupt. For some reason there are a few on here who claim to be Coventry fans who get angry at that suggestion.
Genuine question.

This corruption, how long has it been going on for?

JAM See

I've supported the club since 1967 (57 years) I've seen them play in all the Wembley finals had a season ticket for far more years than I can remember I've never lived in Coventry but have worked there and i have a Lancashire accent
As long as you say 'batch', you're fine by me.

Users who are viewing this thread