Anyone now thinking that SISU will jack the whole thing in ? (1 Viewer)

Calista

I think OSB58 may have said that one option for SISU was simply to keep the football club barely afloat indefinitely, whilst it keeps on paying (very substantial) interest to them on the debt. Apologies if I’ve misrepresented that, and sorry if it sounds depressing.

If that’s the plan, I can see why they have cut costs to the bone, just to prevent further losses. If Pressley performs a miracle with the talented kids we have, then a promotion would come in handy. If not, I don’t suppose it will worry them much. As far as football goes, they’ve never suffered from the fault of being over-ambitious.

So, in response to the OP, no I don’t think SISU look like jacking it in. But having always believed that the club and stadium would one day be united, I do feel that the arrival of Wasps should ultimately make the Ricoh a more attractive proposition for a new investor, and CCFC would surely be part of their plans. Possibly not this week, and maybe not even this decade, but one day …

bigfatronssba

Everyone thinks that sisu are terrible owners. It's the idiots like you who defend the council because of their hatred for sisu.

Why is he an idiot for having a different opinion to yourself?

You really must learn to respect others.

Sick Boy

Why is he an idiot for having a different opinion to yourself?

You really must learn to respect others.

I've come to the conclusion we have the worst fans in the country with the likes of you amongst our ranks. Fans like you deserve to have a sisu controlled ccfc for their lifetime.

bigfatronssba

I've come to the conclusion we have the worst fans in the country with the likes of you amongst our ranks. Fans like you deserve to have a sisu controlled ccfc for their lifetime.

Well you're entitled to your opinion, no matter how ignorant.

Tell me though, out of curiosity, how would launching a foul mouthed rant against CCC on an internet forum increase the likelihood of a successful CCFC future?

CCFC PimpRail

I am sure ccfc were done a favour on the new rent deal to give them some stability, exactly how much of the other deal with Wasps that was leaked to them is unknown to us Minions, but there was no hint at the time that ccc were in talks with other parties.

If the Wasps were to buy ccfc, it won't be for a few years as the rent will still be coming in (they hope) and sisu still have time to keep the cards close to their chest over a new stadium.

Ian1779

They won't leave anytime soon - anyone that thinks Wasps buying the Ricoh will force them out is delusional.

The fact that they appear to be very laid back about the Wasps scenario suggests to me that they were well aware of it, and that they could well be involved.

Astute

You're a fucking idiot.

So you can constantly have a go at CCC, but when a debate is over the future of our club and when SISU will leave it is OK for you to throw insults about?

Astute

They won't leave anytime soon - anyone that thinks Wasps buying the Ricoh will force them out is delusional.

The fact that they appear to be very laid back about the Wasps scenario suggests to me that they were well aware of it, and that they could well be involved.

Or the money has dried up after wasting so much.

Danceswithhorses

For what it's worth, i think a SISU exit is more likely now, than at any time in the recent past.
The club is 'cash flow positive' (per TF), has a cheap (albeit no frills, time limited) rent deal, and there is some money to be made (loan interest), but it seems like an awful lot of hard work and bad publicity for very little gain, especially as the club is also now struggling in the league and attendances keep on falling.
Another relegation would surely diminish further any value SISU could milk out of ccfc.
I would wager that Joy has many regrets about the day she bought the club, and how poorly her highly paid employees have run it, so wouldn't she be glad to see the back of us ?

Last edited:

Noggin

They were very laid back about the bailout loan from the council to ACL too untill they weren't and the court cases rolled in.

Limey

Wasps have said they would like to see a successful CCFC as well as Wasps team. They also said they have no plans to buy CCFC. There's one word that leaps out at me there...NO...& if that leaps out of the sentence you are left with "have plans to buy CCFC".
Poetic justice on SISU that unless they can mount some kind of successful legal challenge somehow, they now have seen all their options to get the Ricoh at a knock-down price disappear. IMO they either have to buy Wasps with the Ricoh for quite a large sum; grin & bear it; sell for the best price in 2-4yrs (seeing if they can add value through success on the pitch)
From a Wasps perspective - a successful Rugby club will bring some tidy profit. Add CCFC rent in, that's nice too...but a successful L1 campaign with an owned CCFC will likely yield more profits than anything short of a top performing Wasps Rugby Club.

No brainier from their side & they will be unlikely to move stadia again.

PUSB

At this point I hope you're right. I quite selfishly want what's best for ccfc. However they have said they have NO plans to buy ccfc. They've stole in on a great chance to buy a top stadium with tons of potential. That's it!

I don't think theres any other hidden story/agenda although I hope I'm wrong. Haskell, hoffman,byng and anyone else have failed to put any decent money on the line.

Dark times.

spider_ricoh

The worst fans possible are those, like you, who abuse others whilst backing up the disgusting actions of our vile owners. SISU blaming the council is just a smokescreen to distract from their own failings and to justify their illegal/immoral land grab tactics - I'm hardly "defending the council" by pointing out why the SISU view of the world is flawed and unreasonable. I don't give a shit about CCC - never lived in Cov, don't like Labour and had never heard of Higgs before they got involved in the Ricoh. I'm not partisan in their favour, just pointing out that they've defended themselves against the deliberate attempts by SISU to distress them, just as my business or any other would and would be entitled to do.

The club can't recover from its malaise until SISU are gone. Anything that happens to get rid of them has to be good, which is why I celebrated when Martin Reeves told them to do one after they wriggled out of the lease whilst ostentatiously hawking around for a new ground at the same time as illegally not paying the rent). I celebrated when their pathetic JR case crashed and burned. I celebrated when their had great prize the Ricoh sold to Wasps before their eyes (which showed the value of civilized negotiation rather than bullying). I'll celebrate when they finally feck off with nothing to show for their investment and with their tail between their legs. Me and fans like me have been right ever since calling for them to go from 2010/11 onwards. Won't be a moment too soon.

Sick Boy

So you can constantly have a go at CCC, but when a debate is over the future of our club and when SISU will leave it is OK for you to throw insults about?

I've already said that both SISU and CCC have shafted the club. I even said that Sisu are terrible owners. Or does that not suit you?

The sad thing is that the Wasps deal now makes it even more unlikely that sisu will leave anytime soon, yet some seem to see it as positive.

Sick Boy

The worst fans possible are those, like you, who abuse others whilst backing up the disgusting actions of our vile owners. SISU blaming the council is just a smokescreen to distract from their own failings and to justify their illegal/immoral land grab tactics - I'm hardly "defending the council" by pointing out why the SISU view of the world is flawed and unreasonable. I don't give a shit about CCC - never lived in Cov, don't like Labour and had never heard of Higgs before they got involved in the Ricoh. I'm not partisan in their favour, just pointing out that they've defended themselves against the deliberate attempts by SISU to distress them, just as my business or any other would and would be entitled to do.

The club can't recover from its malaise until SISU are gone. Anything that happens to get rid of them has to be good, which is why I celebrated when Martin Reeves told them to do one after they wriggled out of the lease whilst ostentatiously hawking around for a new ground at the same time as illegally not paying the rent). I celebrated when their pathetic JR case crashed and burned. I celebrated when their had great prize the Ricoh sold to Wasps before their eyes (which showed the value of civilized negotiation rather than bullying). I'll celebrate when they finally feck off with nothing to show for their investment and with their tail between their legs. Me and fans like me have been right ever since calling for them to go from 2010/11 onwards. Won't be a moment too soon.

As above, i've already said that Sisu are terrible owners you council cocksucker.

spider_ricoh

I've already said that both SISU and CCC have shafted the club. I even said that Sisu are terrible owners. Or does that not suit you?

The sad thing is that the Wasps deal now makes it even more unlikely that sisu will leave anytime soon, yet some seem to see it as positive.

Doesn't suit me, because CCC hasn't shafted the club. SISU tried to shaft the council and failed. CCC have divested of an asset as they are perfectly entitled to do...after the way CCFC tried to screw over ACL, the council clearly have got no obligation to help the club.

Why is it unlikely SISU will leave? They have nothing to stay for - no matter how long they stay, they'll have nothing to sell - so they might as well pack it in ASAP.

spider_ricoh

As above, i've already said that Sisu are terrible owners you council cocksucker.

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted ... not defending the council. Nothing to defend them from, they're blameless for the club's lamentable state - chalk that one up to its sole guardian and custodian, SISU Capital Ltd.

Astute

Yet you continue to insult those that agree with you on both SISU and CCC being shit for our club.

Astute

You obviously didn't read the post you quoted ... not defending the council. Nothing to defend them from, they're blameless for the club's lamentable state - chalk that one up to its sole guardian and custodian, SISU Capital Ltd.

I don't agree that CCC are blameless. They just have less blame on their shoulders than SISU.

CCFC PimpRail

CCC liquidated them..... I mean forced them to accept voluntary liquidation for which they recieved a 10pt penalty.... I mean they were deducted 10 points, which made no difference to their league finish....

You're right, ccc should have tried harder...

kmj5000

Fisher said you never sell at the bottom of a cycle, and like it or not that's where we are, unfourtately I can't see how we can possibly improve things either too start an upturn,

Liquidation seems all but impossible due to all the debt being owed to SISU !

So "the futures bleak the futures SISU"

I don't think we have reached the bottom yet. We are still falling!

Tank Top

Lets not forget that SiSU play poker for a living, its what they do its what they are, they've been dealt a crappy hand, but are trying to put a non perturbed attitude into their call, but I think it's safe to say that the wasps deal has really pissed them off.
They have sat on the telephone wires, like a flock of "Disney animated vultures" waiting for A.C.L. to bleed to death so they could saunter in and grab the deeds for the RIcoh for peanuts, well it looks like they have painted themselves into a corner, and
shot themselves in both feet, it would be accurate to say, after all the hurt they have dished out to Sky blue supporters, in a most callous and unconcerned manner, I am completely, and utterly over the moon, at their impending doom.

Hobo

Lets not forget that SiSU play poker for a living, its what they do its what they are, they've been dealt a crappy hand, but are trying to put a non perturbed attitude into their call, but I think it's safe to say that the wasps deal has really pissed them off.
They have sat on the telephone wires, like a flock of "Disney animated vultures" waiting for A.C.L. to bleed to death so they could saunter in and grab the deeds for the RIcoh for peanuts, well it looks like they have painted themselves into a corner, and
shot themselves in both feet, it would be accurate to say, after all the hurt they have dished out to Sky blue supporters, in a most callous and unconcerned manner, I am completely, and utterly over the moon, at their impending doom.

A strange mix of irony and schadenfreude.

Hobo

And thus our impending doom?

At the moment a Wasps buy out seems our greatest hope, which would appear to be a joyous as when SISU resurrected Otium and retained control.

But at least we are cash flow positive (whatever that really means).

Users who are viewing this thread