Anyone now thinking of jacking the whole thing in? (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I gave up on home games way way back in 2006......the 4 hour round trip down & back up the M6 coupled with the horrible Ricoh experience at the time finally took its toll....

..I've been an away game only fan since then.....

....and now any visit to the ricoh will be funding a London rugby franchise, I have even less reason to ever return to home games.

Can't give up on CCFC completely though......I'll hopefully be at Oldham next week....assuming my arctic explorer body suit arrives on time!!!

skybluetom

I have to say I've been thinking about calling it a day. I don't want to as long as Cov remain in business; I just feel it'll be easier for me when they do go under if I just give up now. Things were bad enough at Sixfields; the only one slight hope I had was that we could, and would, return to the Ricoh at some point. That happened inically for 2 years only, but it was a start. There was talk about mending broken trust and eventual ownership (all lies obviously) of the ground which would've seen us have a future, but that's now gone.

The problem we've had for years was the Ricoh was ACL; a private company set up by the council to make money. That meant it was trying to do the best for itself so it had no interest in the football club apart from making money out of it. Hence the size of the rent. Look at Swansea as an example: that ground was built by the council because the football club, and the Ospreys needed new grounds. Those two clubs pay virtually no rent and keep all revenues; they just pay for the upkeep of the stadium because it's not seen as a money maker (directly), it's something to benefit the community. Successful sports teams bring a lot of benefits in terms of wealth, jobs bla bla bla. That ground opened at exactly the same time as ours, look at the clubs. Exactly the same is gonna happen with Wasps now; we're a source of revenue, nothing else.

I cannot possibly see how we a future now. The only hope is building a new ground which is never gonna happen.

Rusty Trombone

I gave up on home games way way back in 2006......the 4 hour round trip down & back up the M6 coupled with the horrible Ricoh experience at the time finally took its toll....

..I've been an away game only fan since then.....

....and now any visit to the ricoh will be funding a London rugby franchise, I have even less reason to ever return to home games.

Can't give up on CCFC completely though......I'll hopefully be at Oldham next week....assuming my arctic explorer body suit arrives on time!!!

Buying to a ticket to watch the mighty Sky Blues at the Ricoh will help fund the club not Wasps.

Rusty Trombone

I have to say I've been thinking about calling it a day. I don't want to as long as Cov remain in business; I just feel it'll be easier for me when they do go under if I just give up now. Things were bad enough at Sixfields; the only one slight hope I had was that we could, and would, return to the Ricoh at some point. That happened inically for 2 years only, but it was a start. There was talk about mending broken trust and eventual ownership (all lies obviously) of the ground which would've seen us have a future, but that's now gone.

The problem we've had for years was the Ricoh was ACL; a private company set up by the council to make money. That meant it was trying to do the best for itself so it had no interest in the football club apart from making money out of it. Hence the size of the rent. Look at Swansea as an example: that ground was built by the council because the football club, and the Ospreys needed new grounds. Those two clubs pay virtually no rent and keep all revenues; they just pay for the upkeep of the stadium because it's not seen as a money maker (directly), it's something to benefit the community. Successful sports teams bring a lot of benefits in terms of wealth, jobs bla bla bla. That ground opened at exactly the same time as ours, look at the clubs. Exactly the same is gonna happen with Wasps now; we're a source of revenue, nothing else.

I cannot possibly see how we a future now. The only hope is building a new ground which is never gonna happen.

There's no escaping that it is pretty damn poor at the moment, but if people keep going to watch then there's always a chance of improvement, if people give up, then there's no chance.

Sick Boy

Certainly not, staying in Northampton was killing the club. We make more money now that we're back and would have made more had we stayed.

It was still helping to fund the club though? Surely you could label the fans who chose to go to Northampton, despite the abuse, as martyrs?

Rusty Trombone

It was still helping to fund the club though? Surely you could label the fans who chose to go to Northampton, despite the abuse, as martyrs?

Give them whatever label you want, makes no difference to the facts. They were helping fund a policy that has put a large dent in the future of the club. SISU crave money, that's fine I have no problem with that, but deprive them of it, and they have to change their plan.

torchomatic

PResumably that includes Super Fan Juggy then? You better let him know he was contributing to the "killing" of CCFC.

Certainly not, staying in Northampton was killing the club. We make more money now that we're back and would have made more had we stayed.

Sick Boy

Give them whatever label you want, makes no difference to the facts. They were helping fund a policy that has put a large dent in the future of the club. SISU crave money, that's fine I have no problem with that, but deprive them of it, and they have to change their plan.

First we were all told that being relegated to League 1 would make SISU leave. Then it was boycotting Northampton & 'NOPMUWPA' , yet they are still here.

I notice that you have been quiet against the posters on here who have been happy about the Wasps deal. Also you seem fine with the fact that the council decided to sell the Ricoh to a franchise rugby team owned by a hedge fund. This will put a huge dent in the future of the club, more than any temporary move to Northampton ever did.

Grendel

PResumably that includes Super Fan Juggy then? You better let him know he was contributing to the "killing" of CCFC.

Yeah he'd love that "me old mucker"

torchomatic

torchomatic

Don't forget going into admin that was going to get rid of them too. Now, it Wasps, isn't it? According to their biggest fan Spider_Ricoh, this will definitely see them gone.

First we were all told that being relegated to League 1 would make SISU leave. Then it was boycotting Northampton & 'NOPMUWPA' , yet they are still here.

I notice that you have been quiet against the posters on here who have been happy about the Wasps deal. Also you seem fine with the fact that the council decided to sell the Ricoh to a franchise rugby team owned by a hedge fund. This will put a huge dent in the future of the club, more than any temporary move to Northampton ever did.

torchomatic

Weird though how you knew that the temporary Northampton was going to send us twisting and turning into oblivion.

That is supposition. We simply do not know.

Rusty Trombone

I haven't told anyone they would leave, in fact I have said they will leave when they or their investors decide it's time.

I haven't noticed people happy with the Wasps deal, who are they? I have noticed people who can understand why the deal is being agreed.

I would like SISU to be able to buy into ACL, they should have done it before, it's odd they decided a different route.

torchomatic

Sick Boy

Several of the listed have already said that they will go and watch Wasps play.

Don't forget 'martcov'.

Rusty Trombone

Several of the listed have already said that they will go and watch Wasps play.

Don't forget 'martcov'.

I wouldn't rule out going myself, although I have no specific plans to go. Just because people would go doesn't mean they would rather the deal happen, the same as people may have gone to Northampton despite disagreeing with being there.

Grendel

I wouldn't rule out going myself, although I have no specific plans to go. Just because people would go doesn't mean they would rather the deal happen, the same as people may have gone to Northampton despite disagreeing with being there.

So the wasps deal is temporary then?

Sick Boy

Unbelievable.

Be careful or you will be labelled a scab, or perhaps not.

dadgad

Weird though how you knew that the temporary Northampton was going to send us twisting and turning into oblivion.

If persisted with it would have.
Why else did the club owners, cap in hand, tail between the legs, come grovellong back?
Nevertheless, despite this u turn, the damage done by going in the first place, is hard to quantify.
If you are referring to that then you're right, I did warn that few would forgive Sisu. Recent gates is hard evidence only a nutter could refute.

Malaka

I cant give up following the boys. However, I do prefer watching my kids play and would watch them over the Sky Blues. dunno what I would do if the youngest signed for Villa. they are all over him at the moment. (can you divorce your kids?)

J

Jack Griffin

I cant give up following the boys. However, I do prefer watching my kids play and would watch them over the Sky Blues. dunno what I would do if the youngest signed for Villa. they are all over him at the moment. (can you divorce your kids?)

In extenuating circumstances like that, I'd have thought so. :)

Evo1883

im at a point where i think this is my last season buying a ST , and will really cut down on away games as of next year aswell . im extremely bored of having literally nothing to look forward to .

Monners

im at a point where i think this is my last season buying a ST , and will really cut down on away games as of next year aswell . im extremely bored of having literally nothing to look forward to .

That could have come from the great Stephen Patrick Morrissey himself. Depressingly well put Craig

Hobo

So the wasps deal is temporary then?

When we were at Northampton the official line from SISU was they would never return to the Ricoh. The agreement with the FL was they would build a stadium 'near' to Coventry with no specific completion date and no land purchase. Where was the guarantee that it was temporary.

The Wasps deal is wrong, but don't try and make SISU look like Saints (or is that Northampton Saints).

also stop making out you are some expert on the shares situation, your opinion changes daily. Why not except like the rest of us, we haven't enough information to judge what is going to happen?

Travs

To stick to the original question, I really can't believe some of the powder-puff fans we have, and I feel more strongly that the fans (as a whole unit) are getting the club they deserve....

We are quick to forget that when we were 'lording it up' in the middle reaches of the premier league in the mid to late 90's, we were doing it on borrowed money, and that is the main contributor to our perilous situation now, and now we are paying for it (financially and in footballing terms) people are talking of jacking it in....

We are all paying customers and have the choice to go or not, but if you want to jack it in them don't bleat about it, just do it....

People beg SISU to get into talks about returning to the Ricoh, then when they do so it is because they have 'came crawling back'...... 27000 turn up to the Gillingham game to see a win, within a month 20000 of those have disappeared because 'the football's shit and its too expensive'..... the matchday £2 has been removed and I still saw someone today moaning that the club shop was too far away to get tickets..... here's a bit of realism: we are strapped for cash. If people want tickets cheaper than almost everyone in the football league, yet won't turn up until the football improves, but still want us to splash out on players we obviously can't afford, then something has to give....

I despair....

Hobo

To stick to the original question, I really can't believe some of the powder-puff fans we have, and I feel more strongly that the fans (as a whole unit) are getting the club they deserve....

We are quick to forget that when we were 'lording it up' in the middle reaches of the premier league in the mid to late 90's, we were doing it on borrowed money, and that is the main contributor to our perilous situation now, and now we are paying for it (financially and in footballing terms) people are talking of jacking it in....

We are all paying customers and have the choice to go or not, but if you want to jack it in them don't bleat about it, just do it....

People beg SISU to get into talks about returning to the Ricoh, then when they do so it is because they have 'came crawling back'...... 27000 turn up to the Gillingham game to see a win, within a month 20000 of those have disappeared because 'the football's shit and its too expensive'..... the matchday £2 has been removed and I still saw someone today moaning that the club shop was too far away to get tickets..... here's a bit of realism: we are strapped for cash. If people want tickets cheaper than almost everyone in the football league, yet won't turn up until the football improves, but still want us to splash out on players we obviously can't afford, then something has to give....

I despair....

in fairness Travs some have tried to get tickets for some games and been unable. Some season ticket holders haven't been getting their tickets either.

Marketing is not an easy road to get the balance right on....the club has to do better. It is not just the ticket price it is the whole package.

as for despair I don't think you are alone. But most progressive businesses would see 20,000 floating fans as an absolute gift and an inspiration.

WillieStanley

Honestly... I'm still so grateful to be able to go. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. I don't expect Premier League football while we're playing in League 1. We have a team full of League 1 players. I've been to some school matches and I suspect those there that are screaming at their kids because they're not Ronaldo are the same complaining that we are not Man City. We're not Man City, by the way.

A series of bad decisions, over investment in the wrong areas, the HR/Ricoh saga, the poor recruitment of managers and players, the disastrous season with the board with "The Greatest Skill Set Ever Assembled... Even better than the Avengers AND X-Men", the move to Northampton. This list is not exhaustive but all main contributors to where we are now.

I was so proud of The Sky Blue Army during the most recent march and the subsequent Gillingham match, but equally, I've never been more disappointed than at the last home game.

I may be delusional, but I don't even mind if we don't get a top 6 finish this year. I'm just glad I can watch my team play again. I'm glad I can speak with confidence about us missing key players from last season, the limitations of our current formation, the passion of Pressley and promise of Coulibaly. I'm glad that I can share it with my daughter - the disappointment, the excitement, the joy and the despair. I'm glad we have a manager who, whilst sticking to his principles, has enough integrity to admit his shortcomings and adjust. I'm glad our biggest players spend time with the fans.

More than anything though, I'm glad I can still support the club I've loved since I was a boy. I can wear the badge with pride.

Come back the missing 20,000... Look at the future with cautious optimism. It's not too expensive, it's not too far away, the football isn't that bad, and we miss you!

ccfcway

Sadly, many hudreds are doing just that, this forum only represents a minority of fans.

I know of at least 10 season tickets holders who havent renewed and hardly even follow the club any more.

Users who are viewing this thread