Anyone now thinking of jacking the whole thing in? (3 Viewers)

skybluedan

Just wondering.

We've had a few say they will never go back until Sisu have gone. We lost a fair few I should say as soon as we went to Northampton and stayed the whole season. We've lost loads due to the decline of the footballing side of things and now ....

Well, there's a fair few saying that the Wasps takeover is pretty much sentencing CCFC to long term mediocrity, with no hope of success.

Has anyone now come to the conclusion it's all rather pointless and is on the verge of packing it all in? Or is all the doom and gloom going around just temporary?

This is not a post to have a dig at anyone, but I know quite a few posters have been very vocal on here about this all but putting any hope of success for the club right out the window.

Think that if I felt that way I would indeed think 'what's the point' and would consider just turning into an armchair fan.

Surely as a fan there has to be the hope of better times ahead doesn't there? If you have no hope of any positive future at all then it's all rather pointless.

Anyone teetering on the edge at all?

Not trying to start a slanging match, I just genuinely wonder if we will lose any more fans directly as a result of the Wasps takeover (not result related).
The doom and gloom is and always will be hanging over us mate,from former shit owners to present,council bollocks shit
a shit manager with a shit formation who has had no money so has only been able to buy shit and now a london rugby team moving in. I was lucky to see a bit of class at high field,I'm talking your speedie Regis hagi Dublin and huckerby and most of all Keane tbf we never really got anywhere even with them in your team (couple of wins against he big boys) and of course the cup win with let's be fair a mediocre team who really should have had never a chance but played for each other like a team,no loans and no bollocks, football was different then and there was loyalty it's now politics and buisness and is fucked. I am over for a week this month and we have a home game and at the moment I will not be going.

bigfatronssba

I wish I could say I still have the enthusiasm, but it just hasn't been the same since the Northampton move.

Like everyone else I got caught up in the excitement of the Gillingham game, and really enjoyed being back at the Ricoh. By the time of the Yeovil game it just wasn't the same. I enjoyed it, but it didn't grip me.

I was pleased we won, but it just didn't give me the same happy feeling. Just as when they lost to PNE, it didn't really bother me.

When someone/something has hurt and betrayed you, it takes a long time (sometimes never) for that to heal. I want to be enthusiastic about the club, I want to love my Sky Blues again, but my self defence mechanism inside is stopping me from forming any sort of emotional bond back with the club.

Otis

In answer to Otis - no. Once a supporter, always a supporter.

Will travel to the same number of games per season regardless of if we were in the Prem or if we were in the Conf North. This will only alter if our wonderful owners relocate us to outside of Coventry again.
They wouldn't dare move us again............ but there again, if there's no hope for us staying at the Ricoh and they won't build a new stadium, then that only leaves another ground share. ;-)

New ground, whole new fan base. ;-)

CCFC_Charlie

Nope, we've been terrible my whole life but I'll still attend every game at the Ricoh this season, and next season, and the season after. This isn't something I can just switch off and forget about. I've supported the club for as long as I can remember, it's a part of me and without it life wouldn't be the same. No matter how bad it gets I'll always support this team until they day I die, or the day they do.

M&B Stand

Not had a season ticket for 4 years, with each year decline our increases.

Just come back from a brilliant weekend in Tallinn with England, last month Basel and next month scotland away in Glasgow. Following England away is Something I just enjoy more.

I've not chucked it in, just can't be arsed with City at the minute. It's sad, some of my greatest memories are CCFC related. Met some amazing people over the years following Coventry, had some fantastic days and nights. Still love a Cov day out. But as a regular....yeah I've pretty much chucked it in.

Flying Fokker

I purchased 2 x season tickets. I regret buying them. This season so far has turned into another Pantomime and I am already planning my leisure time next year. It does not include Coventry City in League one with SISU as owners.

And another thing: Wasps at the Ricoh is testimony to SISU's ineptness. What a bunch of idiots they have had in the boardroom. Risk averse at the start, cavalier in the middle and now bleeding useless.

Last edited:

stupot07

I renewed my ST as soon as we came back. As well as the enjoyment of watching even crap football I had hope that somehow bridges between sisu and ACL would be built and we would either buy Higgs share or get taken over by someone.

People probably haven't noticed that this whole wasps deal has depressed me. I have lost a bit of hope. If we are renting forever with little/no revenue then we we'll and truly have a glass ceiling built above us. I feel let down by all parties involved, including the fans who I expected to be more bothered about it than a mere "meh".

Never thought the day would come, but at the moment I'm undecided whether to renew next season or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm quite happy watching my local club Newport (Iow) at the moment (Wessex Premier League). I still follow City from afar, but to be honest, I don't really get upset or bothered any more when they do poorly. The last 10-12 years has ripped the club from my heart - the move from HR, relegation TWICE, the move to Sixfields, SISU.... the list seems endless. I'm now in my 60's. I've been extremely fortunate to have witnessed the great days from the 1960's, 70's and 80's which included one of the greatest FA Cup finals of all time. I feel so sorry for our younger fans who have no idea of how great a team we once had (apart from the odd Youtube video). Sure, most seasons we fought a relegation battle, but that was Coventry City. Anything else would have been boring!
As I said at the begining of this post, I am slowly losing heart with the club, but even though I'm a Paddy at heart, I was born in Gulson Rd Hospital and very proud to say I am a Coventry City fan (even though I live a fair way away now.)

WestEndAgro

I bought my season ticket as soon as we returned home, overjoyed after my self imposed exile, I thought it would be the beginning of something new (how right/wrong I was). Now I sit there like a lemon on my own after my two mates can't afford to renew !

To say I'm pissed is a understatement !

OyJimmy

I go largely because it's a family event. If it were just me I wouldn't bother. It's become a bit like going to church. The current team is dire and I really believe we could go down another league this year. To be honest I'm not sure I can tolerate much more. Sisu are killing the club they must go

Calista

Several posters on this thread have expressed my feelings exactly – it was the Northampton move that broke the bond. Prior to that, even though paying for a season ticket was a stretch, we kept doing it out of loyalty and habit. The loyalty was repaid with a gross insult, and the habit has gone. Our budget no longer includes giving about £700 a year to CCFC. You’d have thought Fisher, being such an expert in risk management, might have seen that coming.

For the first time in 50 years, our results are of very little concern to me either way. And my kids, who used to endlessly tell me what was happening with CCFC, don’t care any more – the subject almost never crops up.

It pains me to say that I’ve finally joined the ranks of the fair weather fans, and as things stand a season ticket is out of the question. You can shoot me down if you like - I gave it everything for half a century, even through the toughest times, but three years of this financial dog-fight has simply made me sick.

Like a fool, I still keep hoping that something good will somehow come out of this situation – a major investment in the club which frees us from our crippling debts (to faceless people), and funds a football team worthy of this city. Ultimately, the Ricoh would be far more viable with two sports teams rather than one, and a 50% stake in a successful business is far better than a 100% stake in a failed one. Wasps take note.

mark82

I'm fed up with the whole circus. The club crossed a line when they moved to Northampton. Now the council and Higgs have crossed a line selling our football stadium to a team from another city.

Will I jack it in? Nope

Having said that, they are not the same club I grew up with.

ccfc92

I'm fed up with the whole circus. The club crossed a line when they moved to Northampton. Now the council and Higgs have crossed a line selling our football stadium to a team from another city.

Will I jack it in? Nope

Having said that, they are not the same club I grew up with.

That's the key thing IMO. The footballing culture of "saturday is matchday" is dying throughout the country IMO.

I'm not sure how to explain other than there's no buzz around the day anymore, or if you have a City shirt on in town, people look down on you instead of saying "up the City" :(

Rusty Trombone

You have to go through the bad times to fully appreciate the good times. We're just on a bad run for a few decades, it'll turn round.

Astute

I had planned to go to as many games as I could once we came home. Turn down OT and swap shifts at work. Upset the wife when she made plans. But reality has hit home. I will still go to games. But not as many as won't be changing plans to go. The reason for still going isn't the football. I always have a laugh at games. Enjoy meeting people. And that is what I will still be going for. The football has become a poor second :(

Grendel

The only thing missing from this thread is Italia announcing he's leaving at Christmas.
i think he did say the other day he'd had enough so I am sure he won't disappoint.

hill83

Already regretting getting my season ticket. Can't get Saturday off for the game. Quite pleased about it.
I'd be slating people for saying this. I was excited we were back so I rushed off to get my season ticket but I really feel like my life has moved on. Plus of the 6/7 of us who went before more than half have folded.

Saying all that though. Win the next three in a row and I'm getting Pressley tattooed on my arse and dying my face sky blue.

Hobo

Already regretting getting my season ticket. Can't get Saturday off for the game. Quite pleased about it.
I'd be slating people for saying this. I was excited we were back so I rushed off to get my season ticket but I really feel like my life has moved on. Plus of the 6/7 of us who went before more than half have folded.

Saying all that though. Win the next three in a row and I'm getting Pressley tattooed on my arse and dying my face sky blue.

About time you got a cover up for "Thorn is King"...don't worry on Saturday your pint might taste sweeter....you never know football is a strange game. :D

spider_ricoh

I've been to 2 games this season which is well down on last season, so draw your own conclusions ... yes, changes in life (moving in with the missus, other interests, work etc) have got in the way in the last few months but ....

...I have got a limited amount of time/enthusiasm/money to spend on leisure time, and, being based in London I have the extra cost of getting to home games (non ST so paying £20+ per game plus beer money... that was always the case, but when SISU hijacked the club and held it hostage in Northampton as part of their bitter land-grab, they crossed a red line. Why should i shell out my hard earned cash and precious time supporting an organisation who any decent person would find utterly abhorrent??

Yeah I'll go to the odd game for the day out with my mates on the beers, but the club's owners and their stooge Timmy disgust me...I can't give consistent wholehearted support to CCFC until SISU are gone... their continued presence far outweigh the benfeits of watching turgid defeats in League One

rupert_bear

You never give up. I always believed there will be light at the end of what has been a very dark tunnel, I take an opposite view re' the Wasp deal and think there is a lot more chance of an owner of ccfc owning atleast part of our ground but that owner will never be sisu.

Skyblueweeman

Nope, simply can't just give it up.

That said, N.Ireland winning 3 on the bounce (it took us 46 games to win the previous 3 games) has slightly rekindled my love of football. I love the romance of football...the underdog doing well. I'm well set for that being from N.Ireland and supporting Cov. Unfortunately, between the two of them, there's only been one real highlight in my 34 yrs on the planet so it's been a tough ride.

Right now, I'll keep up my love of City but hoping that NI qualify for 2016. Something to cling on to....

WM

The CableGuy

I spend most of my time looking after my Dad so I - previously - listened to games on the radio.

Now, I don't even do that. I use the BBC Sports App on my mobile to alert me to goals scored in City games.

torchomatic

Give up? Fuck that.

torchomatic

How unlucky can you get, eh? You spend more time in London and your team, the Wasps move up here. Ah well.

I've been to 2 games this season which is well down on last season, so draw your own conclusions ... yes, changes in life (moving in with the missus, other interests, work etc) have got in the way in the last few months but ....

...I have got a limited amount of time/enthusiasm/money to spend on leisure time, and, being based in London I have the extra cost of getting to home games (non ST so paying £20+ per game plus beer money... that was always the case, but when SISU hijacked the club and held it hostage in Northampton as part of their bitter land-grab, they crossed a red line. Why should i shell out my hard earned cash and precious time supporting an organisation who any decent person would find utterly abhorrent??

Yeah I'll go to the odd game for the day out with my mates on the beers, but the club's owners and their stooge Timmy disgust me...I can't give consistent wholehearted support to CCFC until SISU are gone... their continued presence far outweigh the benfeits of watching turgid defeats in League One

Seaside-Skyblue

Supporting City is like a bad addiction really. Its painful to watch, painful to read the daily bad news and tough to swallow the mess we are in. I keep going back though no matter what. I really tried to stop following the team when they moved to Northampton but I just couldn't resist looking for the scores and the news.

spider_ricoh

How unlucky can you get, eh? You spend more time in London and your team, the Wasps move up here. Ah well.

How are Wasps my team? Never seen them play once. If you hadn't notice, they play in Wycombe which isn't in London. For the record, I never went to Sixfields either to watch the "Distress ACL project FC" home games either.

torchomatic

Apologies it must have been someone else creaming over the prospect of Wasps at the Ricoh.

How are Wasps my team? Never seen them play once. If you hadn't notice, they play in Wycombe which isn't in London. For the record, I never went to Sixfields either to watch the "Distress ACL project FC" home games either.

Sick Boy

We really do have the best fans in the country. Just look at the youtube video of the Arsenal game and the pissed up fans at half time.

spider_ricoh

Apologies it must have been someone else creaming over the prospect of Wasps at the Ricoh.

Not the prospect itself; don't care if it's Wasps, Gansu Tianma, LA Galaxy, Bedworth... I'm happy because the sale (don't care who to) has ended SISU's chances of crow-barring the Ricoh with their bully boy tactics.

You really are a nasty piece of work.

Users who are viewing this thread