Anyone have inside info on when multiple home game packages will be released? (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Too far away for a season ticket but 6, 9 or 12 game package would be fine. Does anyone know?
In addition to or instead of match packages, join your kids for JSB. If you don't have kids join your nephews and nieces. For those who can't go regularly it's a really cheap way of watching the games and who knows if you bring them along, they might enjoy it too and want to come back.

cov4theprem

Club told me they would be available before the forest game, and again before the Reading game. Tweeted them again this morning and no response as yet. Will be interesting how they price them based on the 3 teired system, but suspect they would out about £22.

ccfc1234

Club told me they would be available before the forest game, and again before the Reading game. Tweeted them again this morning and no response as yet. Will be interesting how they price them based on the 3 teired system, but suspect they would out about £22.
If they are you will need to use them strategically otherwise you will be paying extra for Cat c games

mark82

They've been quite good value in previous years. Be surprised if it's not cheaper than buying single Cat C tickets.

skybluegod

They've been quite good value in previous years. Be surprised if it's not cheaper than buying single Cat C tickets.

Yep I think it was about £13 a game at Birmingham if memory serves me right?

I'd expect it to be around £18-£19 a game this year.

Hod dog

ST are £16 if you buy now so as skybluegod has said £18-£19 seems about right as cheaper than cat C so still get a saving but just a little more than ST

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I too am waiting with interest have had one for a few seasons sure my son would buy 1 work commitments stop hlm going regular and grandson too . i think these packages encourage people who don't want to commit to a ST for whatever reason go more regular .

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Agree. I think it'll be slightly cheaper than Cat C. Got to be more than a ST but cheaper than a matchday ticket.

Would be a significant saving on Cat A but if it makes the difference between someone choosing to go or not you've made more money than you otherwise would do and then they're in the stadium and you might get F&B income from them. Plus it's money in the till early.

ccfcmad1

Only 6 match package available £144 works out to £24 per game which is OK if you don't use them all on cat C fixtures 🤔, on the other hand if used on Cat A games a saving £36

skybluegod

Only 6 match package available £144 works out to £24 per game which is OK if you don't use them all on cat C fixtures 🤔

Only 5 cat C games and I think you'd be very unlucky to only attend Tuesday night matches for the whole season! And I would suspect those individuals would just purchase per game as £20 is hardly expensive for a ticket!

ajsccfc

I had a concession 6-game one in 18/19 which set me back only £78, big old difference although we are up in the glamour leagues again

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only 6 match package available £144 works out to £24 per game which is OK if you don't use them all on cat C fixtures 🤔, on the other hand if used on Cat A games a saving £36

Why would you use this for any Cat C game? £20 on the day or £24 as part of the package. Cheaper to buy a matchday ticket and use the match package all on A and B fixtures.

If you went to 5 Cat B games and 1 Cat C at matchday prices that'd cost £145, so you'd save £1.
4 Cat B and 2 Cat C you're paying more than matchday prices.
Even if you went 6 Cat B you're only saving £6.

Seems to me the only way this is worthwhile is to use it pretty much just on Cat A games.

skybluesam66

its a difficult one with price bands
you can take 5 mates to a top category game, so go too cheap, and losing revenue

I think doing it as points would be better
maybe selling a book of 60 points for £120

make Cat A 12 points (£24 per game)
Cat B 10 Points (£20 per game)
Cat C 8 points (£16 per game)

pusbccfc

its a difficult one with price bands
you can take 5 mates to a top category game, so go too cheap, and losing revenue

I think doing it as points would be better
maybe selling a book of 60 points for £120

make Cat A 12 points (£24 per game)
Cat B 10 Points (£20 per game)
Cat C 8 points (£16 per game)

Like with everything Coventry City, they just aren't clever enough to think of this.

Another reminder that we are a Championship club run by League 1 staff.

SlowerThanPlatt

There are only six Category A matches - so unless you want to attend every single one of them and some aren’t particularly appealing (Fulham/Derby) then it’s not a great deal

Last edited:

skybluegod

Like with everything Coventry City, they just aren't clever enough to think of this.

To be fair it depends on if the system is even capable of doing that? If it's not then the cost involved in setting something like that up is potentially extortionate, speaking as someone who worked in HR and we just wanted basic functions for new systems the cost to adapt things was ridiculous.

(I think it's a great idea btw, but depends on the cost-benefit of it)

Also on another note I notice that these types of match packages aren't common across the championship. Can only see Peterborough with anything similar there's is a 10 match one for £24 a game

play_in_skyblue_stripes

As the instigator of this thread I'm really surprised by the offer.
Only 6 games packages and the price genuinely a lot higher than I expected.
Pretty disappointed by this. Poor move as it encourages people who don't / can't have a season ticket, to attend fewer games which wont help team.
'
That 299 GBP for whole season in phase 1 was a bargain indeed. I was tempted but was NEVER going to attend more that 12 games so it didn't seem appropriate to buy one.
I might still get one , but was really looking forward to having a mini season ticket . Circumstances have changed a lot personally for me and for the club but as a very long time season ticket holder prior to relegation in 2001 this is disappointing. First season ticket I think maybe was 1976 which was just 10 POUNDS as an under 16 year old. That was a real bargain especially for the totally brilliant 1977/78 season.

Grendel

It wouldn’t work with the barcode system and it’s confusing - you should do £20 and market the fact on some games you save £10

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'll probably get one and split it with my dad for birmingham, west Brom and another fixture.

And then go midweek fixtures for £20

hill83

Not something I’d be buying if I didn’t have a season ticket. Not even a deal is it really? And it’s effectively a third of the cost of a season ticket give or take for 6 games.

Edit: Worse than that. Fucking hell ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread