Anyone happend to notice! (2 Viewers)

orig skyblue87

After Christmas why don't we volunteer to go and give it a spring clean. Why don't we help look after it.

1. Some might say ACL should, but it could be a peaceful protest about the situation. I'm sure the media would cover it.

2. Fans could have a get together, would be good if coincided with a televised match from Sixfields.

Just an idea. I'm more interested in the fans who are interested rather than the objectors.

I will be back in Cov for New Year for 10 days would be happy to help.

Nick

Administrator
i mention it because its of major importance to me and the identity of the club i support. if you're not bothered i don't understand why you are involved in this web site.

I am bothered, I just don't feel the need to put it in every thread like I have tourrettes

Hobo

Hate to point it out but they are the owners so surely they should be maintaining it? Not me being negative, just pointing out the obvious I guess.

And wouldn't that be the point you would be making?

Isn't it an opportunity for the people of Coventry to say to both sides we want the club back in Coventry and the Ricoh is the logical place for them to be?

But you are right it is ACLs primary role to look after the Ricoh, just like it is SISUs to look after Coventry City FC. According to some posters I am suppose to applauded them for continuing to pay the wage bill.

The trouble is some people don't see the opportunity for protest.....to worried in case it goes against the side they are backing.....rather than seeing the bigger picture.

letsallsingtogether

To be fair if they are going to give the Ricoh away for nothing like some on here want why would you spend money on it, It won't make the place be worth anymore.

Maybe they want Sisu to pay for it once they have stolen it from them.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair if they are going to give the Ricoh away for nothing like some on here want why would you spend money on it, It won't make the place be worth anymore.

Maybe they want Sisu to pay for it once they have stolen it from them.

Nobody has said they should give it away for nothing?

Nick

Administrator
And wouldn't that be the point you would be making?

Isn't it an opportunity for the people of Coventry to say to both sides we want the club back in Coventry and the Ricoh is the logical place for them to be?

But you are right it is ACLs primary role to look after the Ricoh, just like it is SISUs to look after Coventry City FC. According to some posters I am suppose to applauded them for continuing to pay the wage bill.

The trouble is some people don't see the opportunity for protest.....to worried in case it goes against the side they are backing.....rather than seeing the bigger picture.

So you want to protest by cleaning up the ground? What message will that send out?

Are you going to go and rearrange the shelves in the superstore after that? Shall we all turn up with lawn mowers at Ryton?

magic82ball

Nick does have a point, It is ACL's responsibility to maintain the ground to a good standard.

If you have people going round giving it a "spring clean" it would be a bit embarrassing should that get any coverage at all. Efforts would be better spent putting pressure on ACL to maintain the wall.

James Smith

So you want to protest by cleaning up the ground? What message will that send out?

Are you going to go and rearrange the shelves in the superstore after that? Shall we all turn up with lawn mowers at Ryton?

Oh let's do, :D can anyone lend me a mower as I don't have one owing to a lack of grass.

Last edited:

James Smith

Nick does have a point, It is ACL's responsibility to maintain the ground to a good standard.

If you have people going round giving it a "spring clean" it would be a bit embarrassing should that get any coverage at all. Efforts would be better spent putting pressure on ACL to maintain the wall.

If anyone from ACL is reading this then maybe you could have a look at the wall for us - please.

Sky Blue Kid

I wonder when SISU were offering brass name tags on seats, and comfy cushions to sit on a couple of seasons ago, if the money went elsewhere, other than in their own pockets???

Sky Blue Kid

@ Nick .....Because it was Joe Elliott and fans that also paid for the statue. what gives them the right to move it out of Coventry. My God Nick Shall I send you some "Andrex" to wipe SISU's arse?

Captain Dart

If it has to move ever then I'd rather it went to Gosford Green near to the spititual home of the club.

Nick

Administrator
At the end of the day, it hasn't moved has it? The thread is just about things being a bit tatty.

bigfatronssba

If it has to move ever then I'd rather it went to Gosford Green near to the spititual home of the club.

Not sure I could support the paving over of a thousand year old park.

Sky Blue Kid

Nick....Without sounding harsh, IF they build a new stadium in Coventry then what's the problem with them moving it all to there?............................................................................................Try reading the link I posted......Then come back on here and tell me they're going to build a "Stadium in Coventry"....A) CCC won't give them planning permission...B)They've got NO INTENTION of building a Stadium in or even remotely near Coventry.

Nick

Administrator
Nick....Without sounding harsh, IF they build a new stadium in Coventry then what's the problem with them moving it all to there?............................................................................................Try reading the link I posted......Then come back on here and tell me they're going to build a "Stadium in Coventry"....A) CCC won't give them planning permission...B)They've got NO INTENTION of building a Stadium in or even remotely near Coventry.

So what's that got to do with the stuff that has been built getting tatty? Please keep it on topic, unless you want to argue about more things that haven't happened and probably won't happen and go off what if's and day dreams?

AndreasB

Did I really read on here a suggestion that we all go down to a place we are not even playing at and get our brooms and harpic and give it a jolly good tidy up? the best yet, that one.

Nick

Administrator
@ Nick .....Because it was Joe Elliott and fans that also paid for the statue. what gives them the right to move it out of Coventry. My God Nick Shall I send you some "Andrex" to wipe SISU's arse?

I can't remember where I said it was ok to move it out of Coventry? Do you want me to get you some glasses or some reading lessons?

Read my post where I specifically put IF in capitals for people who struggle. If they up and moved it all 35 miles away people would be right to be outraged.

It hasn't moved has it though? So can you keep this on topic?

James Smith

Without sounding harsh, IF they build a new stadium in Coventry then what's the problem with them moving it all to there?

Don't tell me that you don't believe that they're planning to build a new stadium. Two directors of our club plus Joy have said we will and they say they do business in good faith, always which must surely include their customers, the supporters - us!

If that was 34/35 miles away then that's not on, but if it's local I'd have to have a think if I wanted my brick moving, tatty or not,

Last edited:

Captain Dart

matesx

ha ha fucking hell lets all go and clean the stadium

priceless

Sky Blue Kid

matesx.....ha ha fucking hell lets all go and clean the stadium priceless...........................................................................................................................................Hahahahahahaha..almost as priceless as the thought of taking CCFC to Northampton....Wait a minute!

Users who are viewing this thread