Anyone go to the Wasps game today? (2 Viewers)

stupot07

Now Bradfords is a bad pitch if you saw it Saturday.

Yes, and that was a terrible game of 'football' because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's in terrible condition and is an issue but I wouldn't blame it for our poor results, position in the league or if we get relegated.

rob9872

A crap pitch is a great leveller, so if we're as bad as everyone here suggests, then a coin toss is probably a better chance than our actual probability, so we should rejoice.

Otis

A crap pitch is a great leveller, so if we're as bad as everyone here suggests, then a coin toss is probably a better chance than our actual probability, so we should rejoice.

It;s not a great leveller though if you are a team that pass the ball on the ground to feet and your opposition plays long balls forward to great big strikers. And that's exactly how Bradford play.

Tuesday's pitch is going to suit Hanson and not suit Nouble or Samuel or Tudgay.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe the amount of people who actually paid to get in.

Funny you should say that we had free tickets for yesterday game only 2 were taken up and that was from me and my brother, who would have paid to go any way.
No one would take the rest and they were fucking free that is the state the club is in.

No but I was at that blooming Tesco just outside the Ricoh - took me ages to get out. Will go to Asda at Fosse Park - never have to wait that long to leave

lordsummerisle

Funny you should say that we had free tickets for yesterday game only 2 were taken up and that was from me and my brother, who would have paid to go any way.
No one would take the rest and they were fucking free that is the state the club is in.

Always been like that though to be fair.

letsallsingtogether

It;s not a great leveller though if you are a team that pass the ball on the ground to feet and your opposition plays long balls forward to great big strikers. And that's exactly how Bradford play.

Tuesday's pitch is going to suit Hanson and not suit Nouble or Samuel or Tudgay.

Poor excuses for poor players I'm afraid we could play on a bowling green would still lose, the players are to lazy and just technically inept.

Just hope that TW can maybe change this some how??????

Johnnythespider

I don't think any pitch is suited to Tudgay. It is bobbly but not the reason for our situation.

Neutral Fan

The BBC reports the crowd as 5,400 odd...meaning at least the seats won't be wearing out!

Seriously, if MGI Fiduciary/Moonshine finds their sports franchise fails, that would be good news. They might go bust and CCFC (SISU to be true) could buy the Ricoh?

lordsummerisle

Except for sixfields, when have the attendances ever been this bad on a weekly basis?

Giving free tickets away to watch Cov always been a problem, often had a free ticket with the season ticket, and nobody wanted to go, and that goes back before Sisu.

LastGarrison

The BBC reports the crowd as 5,400 odd...meaning at least the seats won't be wearing out!

Seriously, if MGI Fiduciary/Moonshine finds their sports franchise fails, that would be good news. They might go bust and CCFC (SISU to be true) could buy the Ricoh?

I was sat in a bar last night watching a band and the game was on in the background and involuntary part of me cheered when Saracens scored for this very reason.

Woz01

The crowd was 16,800. The pitch is shocking but that will be sorted pre season, this was always a temporary measure. The previous pitch was shocking in September!

lordsummerisle

The crowd was 16,800. The pitch is shocking but that will be sorted pre season, this was always a temporary measure. The previous pitch was shocking in September!

About the only people who are paying to go are the Wasps season ticket holders from Adams Park. Wonder how many of those will be there next season?

Noticeable again that the CT "Face in the crowd" pictures are all close up to hide the huge gaps in the stands.

Otis

I see we have gone doe the 'Wasps route' again . The post is only about the state of the pitch and how that impinges upon COVENTRY CITY.

Surely there's enough Wasps debate on the Wasps sub forum isn't there?

All I am interested in is how bad the pitch is going to be for tomorrow night.

Nick

Administrator
I see we have gone doe the 'Wasps route' again . The post is only about the state of the pitch and how that impinges upon COVENTRY CITY.

Surely there's enough Wasps debate on the Wasps sub forum isn't there?

All I am interested in is how bad the pitch is going to be for tomorrow night.
To be fair you did start a thread about wasps, could have gone into the pitch condition thread?

Otis

To be fair you did start a thread about wasps, could have gone into the pitch condition thread?

Didn't see that thread, Nick.

If I had I would have used that. Can you maybe move this thread and merge it with the pitch condition one?

The Lurker

Giving free tickets away to watch Cov always been a problem, often had a free ticket with the season ticket, and nobody wanted to go, and that goes back before Sisu.

Nice swerve to the question. If I've ever been offered a freebie I haven't declined nor anyone I know. Must be asking the wrong people.

lordsummerisle

Nice swerve to the question. If I've ever been offered a freebie I haven't declined nor anyone I know. Must be asking the wrong people.

Of course it's not a nice swerve, just because you're too stupid to understand the original response, isn't my problem.

Gosford Green

Mate of mine went as hes a massive rugby fan, Wasps are not his team, Gloucester are but he had a spare afternoon.

His thoughts.

Poor atmosphere
Over prices weak beer.
Over priced poor food.
Expensive parking.

Welcome to Coventry.

Ashdown

Mate of mine went as hes a massive rugby fan, Wasps are not his team, Gloucester are but he had a spare afternoon.

His thoughts.

Poor atmosphere
Over prices weak beer.
Over priced poor food.
Expensive parking.

Welcome to Coventry.

But most of those complaints can be levelled at most large sports stadiums. Got to say, the fare at Cov Rugby's BPA is a lot better. Half decent grub and good beer that you can drink out of a glass if you don't take it outside !

SkyBlue_Bear83

Getting back on to the pitch saw this today from Mowbray

"I have no excuses and am aware of the situation. The pitch doesn't concern me and I know that it won't concern Bradford either tomorrow. "

That is exactly the sort of attitude we need from the players and the manager at the moment, complaining about the pitch gives us an excuse to lose.

I was listening to someone the other week on the radio talking about Bradford v Sunderland, he mentioned how all week in preparation Poyet had been complaining about the pitch and said Sunderland were beaten before they arrive. He said it gets in the players head, that they are going to play badly because they are on a poor pitch and Sunderland will go in with a negative mindset as they think everything is against them with regards to the pitch and other things.

Otis

His thoughts.

Poor atmosphere
Over prices weak beer.
Over priced poor food.
Expensive parking.

Welcome to Coventry.

Very weird.

My daughter's best friend's dad went and Wasps aren't his team, he's a Cov fan and his thoughts were ...

Good atmosphere
Not bad beer
Decent food
And he would definitely go again

duffer

To go back to the pitch thing - I watched the second half of the Wasps game on TV, and it looked pretty well chewed up. I can't see it will have improved much by tomorrow night.

As a small-ish team, supposedly set up to pass the ball, I can't see how this does us any favours.

Otis

To go back to the pitch thing - I watched the second half of the Wasps game on TV, and it looked pretty well chewed up. I can't see it will have improved much by tomorrow night.

As a small-ish team, supposedly set up to pass the ball, I can't see how this does us any favours.

Totally agree. It surely has to suit a long ball team that has big strapping centre forwards such as Hanson in their team. It just has to.

It will become a leveller when there are 2 teams both trying to play football on the deck, but for the long ball merchants it has got to cause them less of a concern.

albatross

So before the game we are saying the bad pitch will favour Bradford? Is that the same Bradford team that put 4 past chelsea on a perfect pitch?

ccfc1234

Wasps attendances this time next year will be lower than CCFC. A friend of mine who knows PL rugby say there handing out more free tickets than ever to keep the atmosphere decent until the end of the season. Next year they cant keep this up so lets look forward to the 2016/17 accounts they could be telling :)

Grendel

Wasps attendances this time next year will be lower than CCFC. A friend of mine who knows PL rugby say there handing out more free tickets than ever to keep the atmosphere decent until the end of the season. Next year they cant keep this up so lets look forward to the 2016/17 accounts they could be telling :)

Didn't mmm say they were not allowed to offer free tickets unless through schools and sports clubs?

One way round it is that sports clubs get bucket loads of freebies. Local sports clubs have been getying loads

stupot07

They're throwing them at students at Warwick uni, a lad I know has been offered free tickets two matches running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Didn't mmm say they were not allowed to offer free tickets unless through schools and sports clubs?

One way round it is that sports clubs get bucket loads of freebies. Local sports clubs have been getying loads

Or free apart from a booking fee....

Users who are viewing this thread