Anyone go to the Wasps game today? (1 Viewer)

Otis

And before anyone moans, this does belong on the Coventry City page, because all I want to know is the state of the pitch after today's game for our info and how messed up it will be for the City on Tuesday.

stupot07

I switched it on for the last 5 mins and the the pitch was in a terrible state. No way it will be as good as yesterday's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

percy

pitch looks horrendous. the groundstaff have got a massive job on there hands to prepare it for tuesday

Otis

Wonder how many were stupid enough to pay?

My daughter's best friend's dad.

He's a massive Cov Rugby fan, but he went to Wasps today.

Anyway, let's not get off subject here. How badly do we think this will affect us on Tuesday? Certainly not conducive to good football on the deck I would have thought.

Think we are going to have to try and play longer through balls down the channels. No use lumping it up the middle of the pitch, cos we don't really have any headers of the ball in the team.

Going to suit Bradford better with the likes of John Stead and Hanson I would have thought.

covmark

My daughter's best friend's dad.

He's a massive Cov Rugby fan, but he went to Wasps today.

Anyway, let's not get off subject here. How badly do we think this will affect us on Tuesday? Certainly not conducive to good football on the deck I would have thought.

Think we are going to have to try and play longer through balls down the channels. No use lumping it up the middle of the pitch, cos we don't really have any headers of the ball in the team.

Going to suit Bradford better with the likes of John Stead and Hanson I would have thought.
Yep, it'll do us no favours whatsoever. Bradford as you point out are long ball merchants, so it'll probably bother than less. Hopefully we can get something from this game because it's badly needed. 3pts would ease the pressure a little.

Otis

Yep, it'll do us no favours whatsoever. Bradford as you point out are long ball merchants, so it'll probably bother than less. Hopefully we can get something from this game because it's badly needed. 3pts would ease the pressure a little.

A massive amount I would say.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If CCFC could sell 2 tickets for £3 it might work. But then landlord would have to waive the rent for that game and allow a large percentage of the F&B income to be retained

That's a no go then, wouldn't want ACL to lose out on revenue, they need it to survive.

Otis

I do worry that a poor pitch will benefit Bradford more than us; just look at their cup runs when they've played on their own field!!

Definitely advantage Bradford pre-game I would have thought. Going to be more suitable for a long ball type of game, so I think we will need to change the way we play on Tuesday. I can see the ball bobbling and sticking in the middle of the park.

Hopefully the wings won't be so cut up.

covmark

Definitely advantage Bradford pre-game I would have thought. Going to be more suitable for a long ball type of game, so I think we will need to change the way we play on Tuesday. I can see the ball bobbling and sticking in the middle of the park.

The wings not being cut up won't help us much, we haven't got any friggin wingers.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

May e we should play Stone Age football? Or was it caveman?

Macca

Its certainly going to put an immediate end to the Barcelonaesque football we've been playing since 2005

torchomatic

italiahorse

The Away fans end is where the most damage is. Saracens made sure of that in the second half.

pusbccfc

It's in a terrible condition. Relaying it seems to have made it worse!

Otis

It's in a terrible condition. Relaying it seems to have made it worse!

Okay, well follow up question therefore is, could the state of the Ricoh pitch contribute to us being relegated, or would that just be an excuse?

Just thinking that if we haven't got the type of player to play on a heavy, boggy pitch, does that put us at a further disadvantage at home?

Or as I say, is that just a feeble excuse for other inadequacies?

stupot07

No it's not. Did you see the other pitch?
Excuses if anybody other than this forum is using them.

The pitch on Saturday was worse than the one before wasps turned up.

I can't believe you think the pitch isn't in a terrible condition. MUST. NOT. BLAME. WASPS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Okay, well follow up question therefore is, could the state of the Ricoh pitch contribute to us being relegated, or would that just be an excuse?

Just thinking that if we haven't got the type of player to play on a heavy, boggy pitch, does that put us at a further disadvantage at home?

Or as I say, is that just a feeble excuse for other inadequacies?

We haven't got the type of player to play on a perfect pitch never mind a heavy,boggy one.

stupot07

It's cutting up much more.

It's funny, the only people who think the pitch isn't that bad/not an issue seem to be the ones that go to watch wasps.

Otis

We haven't got the type of player to play on a perfect pitch never mind a heavy,boggy one.

Well, true, but if we can now only play the ball to feet on the ground, the pitch is very much going to not be of any advantage to us. Think many of the League One teams are more direct and have target men. We don't have any forward who can really win the ball in the air.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Well, true, but if we can now only play the ball to feet on the ground, the pitch is very much going to not be of any advantage to us. Think many of the League One teams are more direct and have target men. We don't have any forward who can really win the ball in the air.

Didn't seem to bother Port Vale much yesterday.

italiahorse

The pitch on Saturday was worse than the one before wasps turned up.

I can't believe you think the pitch isn't in a terrible condition. MUST. NOT. BLAME. WASPS...

It's cutting up much more.

Now Bradfords is a bad pitch if you saw it Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread