Anyone for Tennis ? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

They haven't worked AT ALL I agree but because only 50 people sat near to the person that agganged it on the bag of a fag packet at half time knew about it! How on earth can the police/stewards stop you from sitting in your seat after full time? How can they stop people from standing up and leaving early? What a load of fucking rubbish!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The aim would seem to be to put pressure on Fisher as well after the game he gets up and walks off during the game he has to sit there and squirm, a lot of people seem to leave around 80 minutes anyway as the football is so bad.

People are trying some things will work some won't to stay there after the game you would have to stop all night to make anybody notice.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why? Because you've got no answer to that? Because you're post was pointless!
'Don't PRE arrange and walk out protest because sisu will make the stewards block the exits'!

No answer to what? I would say that I have responded to your comments where possible but if not list what you you like me to respond to and I will when I get chance but it may not be straight away as I need to help the kids get dressed.

pastythegreat

The aim would seem to be to put pressure on Fisher as well after the game he gets up and walks off during the game he has to sit there and squirm, a lot of people seem to leave around 80 minutes anyway as the football is so bad.

People are trying some things will work some won't to stay there after the game you would have to stop all night to make anybody notice.
So like I said originally, if you do a protest, do it properly! Don't arrange it at half time for a ten minute sit in with 50 people. Find a hard core group of fans happy to stay there for 24, 48 hours etc. Or even if it's only a few hours, get a few hundred together rather than just a handful.
The walk out at 80mins (like you say) most people walk out around then anyway so what will that prove? Nothing!
All of the protests so far seem to have no brains behind them at all! The only ones that were any good were the pigs at charlton (was somebody else's idea) and the whistles at Sheff utd, which later became a bad idea as idiots carried it on at Bolton!
Even the maker of that idea (ftjhw) distanced themselves from that!

pastythegreat

No answer to what? I would say that I have responded to your comments where possible but if not list what you you like me to respond to and I will when I get chance but it may not be straight away as I need to help the kids get dressed.
Fair one, you did respond to the post! Although it was after I'd replied to that post!

Terry Gibson's perm

So like I said originally, if you do a protest, do it properly! Don't arrange it at half time for a ten minute sit in with 50 people. Find a hard core group of fans happy to stay there for 24, 48 hours etc. Or even if it's only a few hours, get a few hundred together rather than just a handful.
The walk out at 80mins (like you say) most people walk out around then anyway so what will that prove? Nothing!
All of the protests so far seem to have no brains behind them at all! The only ones that were any good were the pigs at charlton (was somebody else's idea) and the whistles at Sheff utd, which later became a bad idea as idiots carried it on at Bolton!
Even the maker of that idea (ftjhw) distanced themselves from that!

There is a lack of organisation and the people that seem to be trying to organise things are too nice.

The best idea was the whistles the problem became one person only carried it on so it became a nuisance to the game in the second one.

In defence it must be difficult to come up with an idea that is hard hitting but remains within the law.

6 Generations

how could it be worse than what we have now?

Because, although the chances of survival in League 1 are extremely slim, we are not yet down.

I get the protests.

The Sheffield United was was effective. But even that protest probably cost us at least a point.

The subsequent protests have all cost us a chance of points.

There has to be a better way, than disrupting matches, particularly matches that we still had/ have a chance in.

pastythegreat

Because, although the chances of survival in League 1 are extremely slim, we are not yet down.

I get the protests.

The Sheffield United was was effective. But even that protest probably cost us at least a point.

The subsequent protests have all cost us a chance of points.

There has to be a better way, than disrupting matches, particularly matches that we still had/ have a chance in.
When we're in a position that were 100% down or 100% safe. Crack on. Like you say though, 3points lost vs Bolton and ok, we were awful but let's say protests cost us 3poinrs at sixfields (they didn't but for the sake of my point) that puts us on equal points with Chesterfield with a game in hand on bury!
Plus the knock on effect, new players in and a massive 3 points v bolton would have lifted the confidence of the team and the fans! Maybe string a few wins together!
In reality we concede late on, players already low on confidence recoil further. New players sit in the dressing room wondering what the fuck they signed up for!

MAFF

At least it's only Millwall we're playing. Not like their fans are gonna get annoyed or anything :emoji_relaxed:

Terry Gibson's perm

There are two things that cost us those points the manager and the players as they have done all year. The manager is clueless and the players poor.

When they went off the pitch against Sheffield Utd you do know that they had to go off as well they just cane back on better.

Mathematically we are not down far from it but in the real world we are gone

6 Generations

At least it's only Millwall we're playing. Not like their fans are gonna get annoyed or anything :emoji_relaxed:
This is also a very relevant point.

I just cannot see that lot appreciating a disruption in play, when they have just gone 2 up.

This, ultimately could result in an abandonment.

Terry Gibson's perm

This is also a very relevant point.

I just cannot see that lot appreciating a disruption in play, when they have just gone 2 up.

This, ultimately could result in an abandonment.

So we will only get to see 10 minutes if they have to be two up. Would they get the blame for it being abandoned?

6 Generations

There are two things that cost us those points the manager and the players as they have done all year. The manager is clueless and the players poor.

When they went off the pitch against Sheffield Utd you do know that they had to go off as well they just cane back on better.

Mathematically we are not down far from it but in the real world we are gone

I was told on the night that Sheffield United players used the more than adequate facilities at the Ricoh to stay 'warm'.

Coventry City players stood in the tunnel.

clint van damme

If they do search people on the way in and find my hip flask I will grab the first c**t I see with a tennis ball and stick it up their nostril!!
When we're in a position that were 100% down or 100% safe. Crack on. Like you say though, 3points lost vs Bolton and ok, we were awful but let's say protests cost us 3poinrs at sixfields (they didn't but for the sake of my point) that puts us on equal points with Chesterfield with a game in hand on bury!
Plus the knock on effect, new players in and a massive 3 points v bolton would have lifted the confidence of the team and the fans! Maybe string a few wins together!
In reality we concede late on, players already low on confidence recoil further. New players sit in the dressing room wondering what the fuck they signed up for!

but your point was about fan ownership not the protests to which I replied how could it be worse?

pastythegreat

If they do search people on the way in and find my hip flask I will grab the first c**t I see with a tennis ball and stick it up their nostril!!

but your point was about fan ownership not the protests to which I replied how could it be worse?
My points have been about both fan ownership and the protests.
I honestly fear (just my opinion) that a fan ownership will be no better than we are now, good chance it will be worse because at the rate protest groups are going is run ccfc out of business before taking over. So we'll be non league for starters! Just because Wimbledon had a fairy tale it doesn't always happen like that!
Pompey have been fan owned since 2013 (I think), how's that worked out? How many leagues have they climbed?
A different scenario, but United of Manchester have been around since 2005. If fan ownership works so well them why are they not in the Champions league by now?

shmmeee

My points have been about both fan ownership and the protests.
I honestly fear (just my opinion) that a fan ownership will be no better than we are now, good chance it will be worse because at the rate protest groups are going is run ccfc out of business before taking over. So we'll be non league for starters! Just because Wimbledon had a fairy tale it doesn't always happen like that!
Pompey have been fan owned since 2013 (I think), how's that worked out? How many leagues have they climbed?
A different scenario, but United of Manchester have been around since 2005. If fan ownership works so well them why are they not in the Champions league by now?

That is possibly the most ridiculous argument against fan ownership I've ever read. And I've read a few.

Educate yourself: List of fan-owned sports teams - Wikipedia

ajsccfc

FC United have jumped up four tiers in just over 10 years, that has to be regarded as successful surely.

pastythegreat

That is possibly the most ridiculous argument against fan ownership I've ever read. And I've read a few.

Educate yourself: List of fan-owned sports teams - Wikipedia
Ok so in that entire list of phoenix clubs, protest clubs and Supporter owner clubs, 1 club AFC Wimbledon are above us. Other that that 4 are playing League football, the rest are non league or I've never even heard of.
Like I said. Wimbledon have had a fairy tale. How's it working out for the rest???

pastythegreat

FC United have jumped up four tiers in just over 10 years, that has to be regarded as successful surely.
A success that no other English protest/Supporter owned club have managed!
Yet people seem to think that a set of massively divided CCFC fans can break the mold and take over the world because it's fan ownership.
I know we need sisu out but let's think rationally about it.

ajsccfc

Of course it's not guaranteed success, but the concept of fan ownership isn't destined for failure by default either.

I personally think it'd go tits up for us, but that's just because everything anyways does whatever happens

Skybluefaz

Ok so in that entire list of phoenix clubs, protest clubs and Supporter owner clubs, 1 club AFC Wimbledon are above us. Other that that 4 are playing League football, the rest are non league or I've never even heard of.
Like I said. Wimbledon have had a fairy tale. How's it working out for the rest???

I think you have a point. We would need fans to start turning up in numbers. Look at the season tickets sold at pompey and they are still no great shakes. We know how fickle our fans are. If the team struggles, so do the crowds.

pastythegreat

Of course it's not guaranteed success, but the concept of fan ownership isn't destined for failure by default either.

I personally think it'd go tits up for us, but that's just because everything anyways does whatever happens
Which is exactly the reason I'm so against it.

breadbin

the only two protest that have had any impact was at sheff utd and Northampton last week we should carry on along them lines everything else is a waste

pastythegreat

I think you have a point. We would need fans to start turning up in numbers. Look at the season tickets sold at pompey and they are still no great shakes. We know how fickle our fans are. If the team struggles, so do the crowds.
Our fans would even turn up to their own funeral if it was live on sky! They'd stay and watch it at home.
For a season or two it would work but would soon wear off.
Have said the same for wasps. People wank their attendances off but as ccfc and crfc know, as soon as it's not the 'new' thing or a poor run of results come along it soon goes tits up!

pastythegreat

Our fans would even turn up to their own funeral if it was live on sky! They'd stay and watch it at home.
For a season or two it would work but would soon wear off.
Have said the same for wasps. People wank their attendances off but as ccfc and crfc know, as soon as it's not the 'new' thing or a poor run of results come along it soon goes tits up!

I think cov blaze are testament to that also. All you heard about for a few years when they were new to the city and winning trophies left, right and centre was about the blaze.
Now I hardly hear of them.
They still have their hard core supporters but when do you or anybody you know EVER talk of the blaze anymore?

theferret

I think cov blaze are testament to that also. All you heard about for a few years when they were new to the city and winning trophies left, right and centre was about the blaze.
Now I hardly hear of them.
They still have their hard core supporters but when do you or anybody you know EVER talk of the blaze anymore?

I think you're missing the point to a degree. This season it will end up being our lowest average home attendance in our history. So, current gates are far from typical - because historically they are decidedly abnormal. We have hit rock bottom, relegation awaits, no ground, no hope yada yada yada. At the same time, the club (what there is of it - it has been decimated behind the scenes and pretty much everything has been outsourced) has never been so detached from the local community.

Nobody is saying fan ownership will lead to a glorious future. Given the choice between fan ownership, and a super-rich local businessman who is a long-time supporter, I'd probably take the latter. But that is not an option that we know of. What fan ownership can do is build a bridge with the community and help stabalise the club - just something as simple as a bit of stability would be a huge leap forward at this point. Who knows what might come of that. Perhaps somebody might come forward and offer to invest for a stake in the club. That would then be up to us, the members, to vote on.

As it stands, fan ownership is preferable to what we have, even if it doesn't lead to a glorious future, it would help create a bit of stability and allow us to regroup as a club and take a breath.

Users who are viewing this thread