Anybody else still going to defend Pressley? (1 Viewer)

cloughie

Is it starting to become more clear yet just what is going to happen if he stays?
Is anybody else going to defend Pressely? was the question

Yes Clive Eakin will.

He is as deluded as Pressley when defending him. CWR refuse to read out my text messeges if i mention Eakin.

Not only can he not take criticism of Pressley but he cannot take criticism of his own stance.

The BBC and freedom of speech ???

robbiethemole

SP Letter to Falkirk fans in 2010

Sounds familiar...

Our main objective this season has to be ensuring our return to the SPL and to do that we need to create an environment which breeds a "winning" mentality.From the beginning of preseason training through the recruitment of new players, a winning attitude has been a prerequisite. Even in training we continuously update our database of who is on the winning side.

Although we lost a number of first team players at the end of last season we have worked extremely hard on the recruitment of players which will suit our philosophy on how the team will function and the mentality we want to bring to this club. The additions we have made are additions we would have made in the SPL, these are certainly not players limited to first division football. They can and will improve with this club and help us drive towards our aims; the new recruits as well as the rest of the squad want to be playing at a higher level and they want to do that with Falkirk FC.

I am instilling a winning approach to everything connected to the playing side and we will be adopting a style of play which we hope leads to us winning enough games to be successful. We were offered numerous good players throughout the summer but we only need players here who fit that winning approach and style, I want the players to go onto the pitch with the confidence that they can win, almost a degree of arrogance knowing that if they perform as they can then they will win.

We are creating an environment where the players can express themselves and have the freedom to play, we all saw how some of the best in the world didn't deliver at the World Cup when they were strangled by either tactics, pressure or the fear of losing, we can't have those barriers at this football club.

We have some excellent young players at the club, and hopefully as they develop they will form a solid basis for the future of the club and they will then push themselves towards international recognition. I would be delighted if Falkirk FC produced players capable of representing their country.

Steven Pressley Manager

Maybe thats the masterplan........... part 2.................we're going to get into the SPL when we relocate,

Hobo

Weren't people saying who would come here when thorn was in charge?

Yeah, things have improved so much. Robins came and left at the first opportunity. Then Pressley came. It's been great Nick.

The Reverend Skyblue

How the hell has he not been sacked today.
it proves without doubt Sisu will accept league two football next season.

i won't be able to stand Pressleys interviews next season if we do reasonably well, thing's like "I said I would bring a winning mentality to the club" and " we needed to rebuild ,and we had to take a step backwards to go two forward" , the bloke will be unbearable.

cant wait for trips to Eastleigh ,Macclesfield and Cheltenham

Last edited:

Essexrobbie

We go into L2, the crowds get cut by half, as does the playing budget.SISU get to pick up more management fess and write off more taxes.Rinse and repeat.
All depends on how we do. If we are top of the league and scoring the crowds will come back, slowly at first but the important top of the table clashes will still draw 15-20,000 if the game is important.

covboy1987

i won't be able to stand Pressleys interviews next season if we do reasonably well, thing like "I said I would bring a winning mentality to the club" and " we needed to rebuild and we had to take a step backwards to go two forward" , the bloke will be unbearable.

All good managers speak well of there team - What is SP supposed to do tell everyone we are crap! that really is going to breed confidence -he will always speak well of the team - no doubt SP is as frustrated as all of us

skybluebeduff

All depends on how we do. If we are top of the league and scoring the crowds will come back, slowly at first but the important top of the table clashes will still draw 15-20,000 if the game is important.

Highly doubt you'll ever see those gate figures again whilst SISU remain. And playing big teams in cup games requires us to actually get through to the rounds first.

skybluebeduff

Both the Telegraph and CWR wouldn't dare criticise the manager in fear of losing their access to the club.

I know, funny how Simon drops by on here to tell us about bullshit off field problems, but never the ones on it. Safe to say the majority of fans want SP to go, why can't he get that one on the backpage?

"Stephen Pressley not the man for the job says CCFC fans"

LJC_CCFC

This is the first game of the three that I believe Pressley needs positive results from to save his job.

Yes on paper a point against Sheffield United is a positive, but the manner of the defeat will bring an already poor morale level further down.

Frankly I find it staggering that he couldn't manage the game correctly from 2-0, against ten men and with 40 minutes to play.

Next up is MK and I fully expect a similar performance from them to that of Swindon last month. They have a defined style of play, the slickness and tempo of the passing will humiliate us.

Then comes Barnsley, lose to a direct rival for relegation and unless the owners don't care what division we are in next year (Which for some on here is a distinct possibility), he must go.

What a truly horrifying season this has been and in my opinion the worst is yet to come.

LJC_CCFC

I know, funny how Simon drops by on here to tell us about bullshit off field problems, but never the ones on it. Safe to say the majority of fans want SP to go, why can't he get that one on the backpage?

As a student journalist I would find it immensely frustrating if I was told not to touch the subject of the manager and all that entails.

But that is the reality for many publications of this nature.

The Reverend Skyblue

All good managers speak well of there team - What is SP supposed to do tell everyone we are crap! that really is going to breed confidence -he will always speak well of the team - no doubt SP is as frustrated as all of us

im saying next season if we are in league two Pressley will ignore the fact that his tactics and general incompetency got us relegated the previous season.

He will make out it didn't happen , no-one will be allowed to bring it up in his interviews. He will probably make it out as a good thing it happened if really pressed , so he could rebuild the club and Instill the bloody DNA thingy he keeps harping on about

i am beginning to hate the guy, he is so bloody embarressing and when he talks his shit my skin crawls

fernandopartridge

This is the first game of the three that I believe Pressley needs positive results from to save his job.

Yes on paper a point against Sheffield United is a positive, but the manner of the defeat will bring an already poor morale level further down.

Frankly I find it staggering that he couldn't manage the game correctly from 2-0, against ten men and with 40 minutes to play.

Next up is MK and I fully expect a similar performance from them to that of Swindon last month. They have a defined style of play, the slickness and tempo of the passing will humiliate us.

Then comes Barnsley, lose to a direct rival for relegation and unless the owners don't care what division we are in next year (Which for some on here is a distinct possibility), he must go.

What a truly horrifying season this has been and in my opinion the worst is yet to come.

The manner of the defeat? We drew

W

westcountry_skyblue

With only 5 league wins(joint lowest in the league) How the hell is he still manager?
Have some respect for us supporters Mr Pressley and resign PLEASE before MK Dons embarrass us next week !!!

dongonzalos

Because the other problems are bigger I would guess.
One thing about the CET they are not scared about upsetting the owners.

SkyBlue_Bear83

i won't be able to stand Pressleys interviews next season if we do reasonably well, thing's like "I said I would bring a winning mentality to the club" and " we needed to rebuild ,and we had to take a step backwards to go two forward" , the bloke will be unbearable.

I know it will be laughable, like him claiming he turned it around at Falkirk when he was appointed manager they were in the SPL and he left them in the lower division and most of there fans wanted him gone.

SBT

Both the Telegraph and CWR wouldn't dare criticise the manager in fear of losing their access to the club.

The same Telegraph that's published multiple editorials calling for the owners to sell the club? I doubt they're too worried about access at this point.

J

Jack Griffin

I thought the sports reporters were Alan Poole & Andy Turner and Simon is a news reporter.. could be wrong but I think not.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Smith

Might have something to do with his 4 year contract.

Joy has no limits when we look to the sky.

Users who are viewing this thread