Any transfer news/rumours? (5 Viewers)

mark82

Sunderland linked with Walker,McNulty & Marquis they can’t be signing all of them it’s that time of year now things heating right up...no need to panic yet.

Bright was signing for Birmingham on Friday, then Monday..... It's now Wednesday.

Alkhen

Kyle Lafferty is available on a free, probably out of our reach but is big fecker that a would cause havoc in league 1 (and down the Kasbah on Saturday night if the rumours are true*)

Kyle Lafferty: Northern Ireland striker leaves Rangers

* “Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my coach Beppe Iachini,” Maurizio Zamparini, the Palermo owner, told Radio 24 in 2014.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

shmmeee

We've done it again ... haven't we ... got ourselves now only a matter of days away from the start of a season, the manager sprouting he's confident, Chaplin's been cashed in on ... and we've still not brought one, let alone the two strikers we need (imho) ... to put a proper challenge together. If Walker and Enobakare come ... then fair enough .. happy to eat my words here ... but if they don't ... and as time ticks on I'm concerned ... as yes, Enobakare has played here before, won't need to 'settle' but Walker will ... he's new. I'm open minded still ... but getting a little nervous now ... if honest.

We play one up front and have three strikers plus two youth strikers, plus another on loan at another club. Why on earth do we need two more?

We are fine. Bright would be nice. Walker would be an interesting gamble. But we aren’t desperate.

fernandopartridge

We play one up front and have three strikers plus two youth strikers, plus another on loan at another club. Why on earth do we need two more?

We are fine. Bright would be nice. Walker would be an interesting gamble. But we aren’t desperate.

We need another striker to be fair, Chaplin needs replacing one way or another. Biamou completely unproven at this level and coming back from a bad injury. Bakayoko inconsistent. Lack of pace aside from Hiwula.

Mucca Mad Boys

We need another striker to be fair, Chaplin needs replacing one way or another. Biamou completely unproven at this level and coming back from a bad injury. Bakayoko inconsistent. Lack of pace aside from Hiwula.

By signing Jobello and Kastaneer, is it not fair to say we’ve got pace?

Samo

We've done it again ... haven't we ... got ourselves now only a matter of days away from the start of a season, the manager sprouting he's confident, Chaplin's been cashed in on ... and we've still not brought one, let alone the two strikers we need (imho) ... to put a proper challenge together. If Walker and Enobakare come ... then fair enough .. happy to eat my words here ... but if they don't ... and as time ticks on I'm concerned ... as yes, Enobakare has played here before, won't need to 'settle' but Walker will ... he's new. I'm open minded still ... but getting a little nervous now ... if honest.

Yes we have, and so has almost every other club. Every season there will be those you have to get done late for a whole bunch of reasons

Magwitch

Out of contract so no transfer fee
Those saying he isn’t that good should remember this was his first full season.

Magwitch

He's under 24 so we'd get compensation regardless but it's a nonsense story as we have a year's option.
Don’t think we will he didn’t come through our academy went through Chelsea’s then transferred to Brentford as a free agent then we signed him.

Liquid Gold

Don’t think we will he didn’t come through our academy went through Chelsea’s then transferred to Brentford as a free agent then we signed him.
The first link on google and you could stop coming across as having a spectacular lack of knowledge.

Compensation for players under 24

“Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable. This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.”

Alkhen

Not saying he is bad just find it suspicious he is the name that keeps being linked to teams. He has done well and will be a good player but It's not like he has been a particular standout this season. Feels like his agent is putting the word out to get a better deal arl to me

SlowerThanPlatt

Westbrooke done a lot more at this level than Baylis did who most would wet themselves over on here

Someone like Shipley for example has done more in terms of goals and assists this season than Walsh and O’Hare but clearly isn’t a better player than them two

Another example is Dabo in terms of League 1 right backs is ranked towards the bottom on Whoscored. There is a lot more to recruitment than looking at goals and assists - the data isn’t available to fans but you are looking for players who have some uncoachable qualities and rank very highly in that in comparison to players at their level and to fine tune the rest of their game

Liquid Gold

He’s probably the most expendable of our first team squad and we’ll be looking to move someone on to fill this extra gap in funding from missed games.

Users who are viewing this thread