Any transfer news/rumours? (1 Viewer)

Kieranp96

I know we've been linked with Enobakare and tyler walker but have we been linked to anyone else, since all these are dying down very fast.

Briles

We were linked with Ross Mcormack along with Ipswich and Charlton this week but I cant see it myself.

runner

We've done it again ... haven't we ... got ourselves now only a matter of days away from the start of a season, the manager sprouting he's confident, Chaplin's been cashed in on ... and we've still not brought one, let alone the two strikers we need (imho) ... to put a proper challenge together. If Walker and Enobakare come ... then fair enough .. happy to eat my words here ... but if they don't ... and as time ticks on I'm concerned ... as yes, Enobakare has played here before, won't need to 'settle' but Walker will ... he's new. I'm open minded still ... but getting a little nervous now ... if honest.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We've done it again ... haven't we ... got ourselves now only a matter of days away from the start of a season, the manager sprouting he's confident, Chaplin's been cashed in on ... and we've still not brought one, let alone the two strikers we need (imho) ... to put a proper challenge together. If Walker and Enobakare come ... then fair enough .. happy to eat my words here ... but if they don't ... and as time ticks on I'm concerned ... as yes, Enobakare has played here before, won't need to 'settle' but Walker will ... he's new. I'm open minded still ... but getting a little nervous now ... if honest.
Chill - Chaplin wasn’t a starter and we’ve signed 2 attacking players, when you play Kelly, Bayliss, Allen, Jobello, Kastaneer and Hiwula - where do you think Walker and Enobakhare play?

Kieranp96

Chill - Chaplin wasn’t a starter and we’ve signed 2 attacking players, when you play Kelly, Bayliss, Allen, Jobello, Kastaneer and Hiwula - where do you think Walker and Enobakhare play?
If we get enobakahare he will play as a number 10 as good as bayliss is he is more box to box, would love that tyler walker clearly has a eye for goal, and would probably put hiwalu on the bench as he is not the best finisher.

Sick Boy

The CET are reporting that Ross McCormack is a certainty on the proviso that Marc McNulty & Adam Armstrong don't both return....also, despite the amount of money Chinese clubs are offering, Julian Gray is staying put.

Where have the McNulty and Armstrong rumours come from?!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If we get enobakahare he will play as a number 10 as good as bayliss is he is more box to box, would love that tyler walker clearly has a eye for goal, and would probably put hiwalu on the bench as he is not the best finisher.
Tyler Walker isn’t proven above league two, and had a McNulty style season (garbage at the start/ came good at the end) Hiwula is also our top scorer. We also have Bakayoko and biamou as back up.

The scout also said that a striker wasn’t being looked for.

They’re not going to drop Bayliss. And Bright isn’t coming - hence the foreign signings

We’ve signed 10 players - we’re well placed

Kieranp96

Tyler Walker isn’t proven above league two, and had a McNulty style season (garbage at the start/ came good at the end) Hiwula is also our top scorer. We also have Bakayoko and biamou as back up.

They’re not going to drop Bayliss. And Bright isn’t coming - hence the foreign signings

No doubt we have done well but your not getting promoted with a striker who's scored 11 goals in 30 odd games, proven or not if you have a eye for goal in the right team your going to score, my only 2 issues with hiwalu is he struggles finishing trys to place it straight at the keeper and he is so bloody lazy.

Briles

Exactly. Creativity is key and we need goals from all over the pitch, signing a 20+ goal striker is pointless if they get injured or have a dry spell and the rest of the team cant pick it up

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No doubt we have done well but your not getting promoted with a striker who's scored 11 goals in 30 odd games, proven or not if you have a eye for goal in the right team your going to score, my only 2 issues with hiwalu is he struggles finishing trys to place it straight at the keeper and he is so bloody lazy.
Chaplin allegedly had an eye for goal we know how that turned out.

The idea according to Robins is to have everyone chip in.

covbromsgrove

Honestly, all the rumours come from facebook or the CET which the club don't trust and won't tell anyway. As far as I'm aware not one of our signings were known until after they had put pen to paper. Keeping to that Robins knows who he wants and will get them, but because of his lack of urgency one can only assume they are loanees so he cannot dictate when they will join.

Skyblueweeman

Have we....let's not panic....we still have a number of strikers at the club....they may score more with better service....we've signed what look like some decent midfielders...who will hopefully provide better service....why do you use so many dots instead of full stops....is your keyboard jammed....have a nice day...

skyblueelephant76

The transfer window is still open for almost 6 weeks...

mark82

It's open till 2nd Septeber for L1 & L2
Championship and Premier League window closes 8th August
I suspect the difference is to allow young players from the top two divisions to go out on loan

We were still able to loan during that period last year. Difference is we can still buy. Guess it means we can pick up players made surplus to requirements in top 2 divisions late in the window.

Kieranp96

Do nt want to get them 4 weeks into the season though quicker the better, I just feel were missing a young striker and a creative midfielder, I would settle for bayliss playing a creative role as he has that ability but would prefer someone who has been made to that role.

Kieranp96

Creating chances wasn't the problem last year, it was putting them away. Fact is we are starting the season as it stands with the same out and out strikers as last year so will probably come up short again for at least the start of the seaon
Exactly why I want this walker he clearly has a eye for goal and on the back of last season he can hit the grass running.

better days

It's easy to forget where we were this time last year
We could barely field a team in the early pre-season games
Plus the quality of players who've come in this year so far looks a step up on last season already
Of the most effective 5 or 6 players last season 3 were on loan
No loans have been announced yet and I'll be amazed if we don't bring in one or two big prospects from Premier League or Championship sides

skyblueexile

Thoughts from upt north
Playing Liverpool under 23 ......Liverpool have shown an interest in Bayliss......fair conclusion they can run the rule over him - Bayliss has a good game .... off to Anfield ... young striker to us for experience as part of deal

I’d be happy with that

fernandopartridge

Thoughts from upt north
Playing Liverpool under 23 ......Liverpool have shown an interest in Bayliss......fair conclusion they can run the rule over him - Bayliss has a good game .... off to Anfield ... young striker to us for experience as part of deal

I’d be happy with that

I certainly wouldn't:

Giving up a prize asset in exchange for loanees has been dreadful for us in the past, look at the dross we got from Bournemouth for Wilson

No guarantee that Liverpool have got any decent young strikers

Nick

Administrator
Thoughts from upt north

I’d be happy with that

Wasn't that said about Derby last year?

cc84cov

Sunderland linked with Walker,McNulty & Marquis they can’t be signing all of them it’s that time of year now things heating right up...no need to panic yet.

Users who are viewing this thread