Any one on here on the SCG ? (1 Viewer)

simple_simon

Is this a way to get our message to Ms Joy Seppala?

Those on the group represent the fans and maybe meeting with JS, can we lobby these people to get our message over?

Matty_CCFC

Does the SCG even exist anymore?
Dan Walker ran it and he is leaving, also who is in it as most groups no longer exist (except the Trust and the Diamond Club).

Anyone know?

Nick

Administrator
Kingharvest is I think, he always does a good job of getting our questions over!

SkyBlueScottie

Yes there is. However on the last such thread (posted a few weeks back) Kingsharvest explained that with everything that had gone on the meetings had not taken place, but was hoping that they soon return.

shmmeee

Does the SCG even exist anymore?
Dan Walker ran it and he is leaving, also who is in it as most groups no longer exist (except the Trust and the Diamond Club).

Anyone know?

Peter Ward is the chairman. Joy says she's spoken to him. Anyone know who he is?

georgehudson

is his nickname A & E in the dressing room ?
i once expressed an interest in being part, but maybe SCG stands for sisu congruity gentry

Nick

Administrator
Must admit, can agree with you.
Seems like a couple of individuals who just want a free ride at Sixfields.

You could say the same about the trust with acl surely? As soon as they mentioned fan ownership and haskell they were on it like a rash...

What have the scg done wrong?

shmmeee

You could say the same about the trust with acl surely? As soon as they mentioned fan ownership and haskell they were on it like a rash...

What have the scg done wrong?

Not reported back their meetings with Joy for a start. Joy is using them as an excuse not to talk to fans in this mess yet they've told us nothing. Either Joy is lying or the SCG are keeping things quiet.

Re: the trust: its always been the trusts aim for some element of fan ownership. It's been in their constitution since day 1. Haskell offered this, noone else (including the curren owners) will even talk to the largest fan organisation. Can't blame the trust for that (though you'll probably try).

Nick

Administrator
I
Not reported back their meetings with Joy for a start. Joy is using them as an excuse not to talk to fans in this mess yet they've told us nothing. Either Joy is lying or the SCG are keeping things quiet.

Re: the trust: its always been the trusts aim for some element of fan ownership. It's been in their constitution since day 1. Haskell offered this, noone else (including the curren owners) will even talk to the largest fan organisation. Can't blame the trust for that (though you'll probably try).

Have they said they have met her yet?

Surely by her meeting them she is speaking with fans?

Do the trust always report back everything they know to their members?

I don't see the issue, kingharvest has always come on here for questions and fed back after meetings, I've been asked for more feedback from scg on here than I have the trust...

Just seems funny how the ones slating then are closely linked to the trust, no?

Steve.B50

Is this a way to get our message to Ms Joy Seppala?

Those on the group represent the fans and maybe meeting with JS, can we lobby these people to get our message over?

I represent the Sky Blue Trust on the SCG
Agree its all a bit of a mess, we have not met in months and Dan Walker was the main organiser of the group, I think things might change now he has left.

The SCG was set up years ago by the Trust to discuss issues between fans and the club regarding any supporters issues.

As I understand it, each group of supporters had a person or spokesperson to represent them on the SCG.

Kingharvest who comes on here is normally very good at reporting back but as no meeting has taken place in Months there is not a lot to report.

kingharvest

Weirdly, i was going to start a new thread but i may as well put it on here. I got an email last week about potentially being able to meet Joy Seppala and it was confirmed yesterday. Meeting her for 30 minutes next week. Not very long but better than nothing.

I've spoken to OSB from this forum and quite a few others about how to make the best use of the time. I think asking for questions from everyone would just be too much for me to handle!

Obviously i'll get back on here afterwards to fill people in on what happened.

Matty_CCFC

Weirdly, i was going to start a new thread but i may as well put it on here. I got an email last week about potentially being able to meet Joy Seppala and it was confirmed yesterday. Meeting her for 30 minutes next week. Not very long but better than nothing.

I've spoken to OSB from this forum and quite a few others about how to make the best use of the time. I think asking for questions from everyone would just be too much for me to handle!

Obviously i'll get back on here afterwards to fill people in on what happened.

Not wanting to come over in wrong way, but can you answer me some questions?

Why are you invited to see Ms Sappala, who do you represent?

Do you go to Sixfields?

kingharvest

I'm on the SCG, and i'd pressed Tim Fisher for quite a while that if there was ever an opportunity to meet her that i'd be up for it.

I started off firmly that i wouldn't go to sixfields and didn't go to the first 3 home games. To be honest, if it wasn't for my dad i probably wouldn't be going now, but he was desperate to support the team and we've gone to the football together since i was a kid. So i gave in. I still don't agree with it, and i hate the fact that i have to go there. I don't think there is a single person who actually wants to be there.

I think that at this moment in time, when the split between fans is as large as its ever been and the distance between the club and the fans is potentially irreparable for some people, that its important to try and retain some channel of communication. Perhaps if ACL and SISU approached it like that, we wouldn't be where we are.

kingharvest

Don't mind telling you once I've worked it out myself! I've got quite a lot of inputs already from posters on here and other fans, plus I've got a few questions in mind. I've only got 30 mins so I need to prioritise and focus on questions I'll get answers to

dongonzalos

the recent information that there has been no discussion with any local council with regards to planning permission.

that we were imminently due to be told about the exciting plans for the stadium many weeks ago.

The financial loss in ticket sales due to SISU's decision to play at Sixfields over striking a deal for the Ricoh. What attempts have been made to clarify the 150 k rent offer.

Has JS accepted Anne Lucas's open offer for a meet. If not why not?

Please don't be fobbed off with

There is no offer on the table for the Ricoh.
(If you really do want it then meet with the relevant people) Don't hide behind they know where I am.

We will buy the land first then get planning permission.

( why on earth would anyone do that on a 25 million pound controversial project)

torchomatic

If you read what KH said earlier. He's already spoken to Gandalf, aka OSB and others so he doesn't need input from the rest of us, which is the correct way to go. He's only got 30 minutes so he won't have time to ask brilliant questions like "do you exist"?

Is this a wind up, because not many people commenting on something so important ?

thaiskyblue

why would you ask someone if they exist if they are there in front of you, this should have been done from the start, being invisible and letting Fisher be front of house has failed totally, i'm anti sisu but this is something positive. Good luck kh.

mrbluesky87

The only question anybody should be bothered about asking is when are you coming back to Coventry for the fans sake. Bringing up questions about finances will just get the same answer from previous forums etc. All fans want is the club back in Coventry today, not in 3 to 5 years time.

dongonzalos

The only question anybody should be bothered about asking is when are you coming back to Coventry for the fans sake. Bringing up questions about finances will just get the same answer from previous forums etc. All fans want is the club back in Coventry today, not in 3 to 5 years time.

Which is why the question ......
'why does freedom of information requests show you have not had preliminary planning permission discussions with any council in the region' is pretty important.

Also 'why have you not met Anne Lucas if it breaks your heart what is happening to the fans.
She had put out two open invites. What have you done to follow them up? '

valiant15

I'm on the SCG, and i'd pressed Tim Fisher for quite a while that if there was ever an opportunity to meet her that i'd be up for it.

I started off firmly that i wouldn't go to sixfields and didn't go to the first 3 home games. To be honest, if it wasn't for my dad i probably wouldn't be going now, but he was desperate to support the team and we've gone to the football together since i was a kid. So i gave in. I still don't agree with it, and i hate the fact that i have to go there. I don't think there is a single person who actually wants to be there.

I think that at this moment in time, when the split between fans is as large as its ever been and the distance between the club and the fans is potentially irreparable for some people, that its important to try and retain some channel of communication. Perhaps if ACL and SISU approached it like that, we wouldn't be where we are.

So your a hypocrite then.

simple_simon

[

Your stance was not to go to Sixfields, now you go.
Now your meeting JS to put over the views of the fans.

Your the ideal person put over our views!

kingharvest

[

Your stance was not to go to Sixfields, now you go.
Now your meeting JS to put over the views of the fans.

Your the ideal person put over our views!

i think she knows the fans views. But you're right, my stance was not to go, now i'm going. I still don't want to go, i'd rather be in Coventry. Just because i'm going it doesn't mean i can't argue the fact that we want the club back in Cov.

valiant15

You want cov back in cov and don't like the fact that we play at sixfields but you go?? How can you put this argument over to septic when people like you are actively supporting the move?

All this talk of I don't want to go but its my team is a load of rubbish. There's thousands of us that want to watch them,my old man being one who's watched them since the 60s.

How can you claim to represent the fans and their feelings when on a Sunday your sitting in your seat in Northampton? ?

simple_simon

I hope you do, but when/ if she asks you " do you go to home games" it will be seen as Fisher is winning slowly.

From Tim
"Joy, can you meet a supporter?, this chap is a typical fan but like most he said he would not go to Northampton but now goes, just give him 30 mins and he will be gone. I will tell everyone that you listen to the fans views and think we are looking after there interests"

thaiskyblue

i think she knows the fans views. But you're right, my stance was not to go, now i'm going. I still don't want to go, i'd rather be in Coventry. Just because i'm going it doesn't mean i can't argue the fact that we want the club back in Cov.
dosen't make as good an argument as someone who has refused to go does it.

Users who are viewing this thread