Another team who has somehow found space to build a new ground in London (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Well yes, because if I spent months lecturing people how wrong it is to eat meat and having digs about them eating it and then kept bragging about the steaks I am eating then people would think that was a bit strange too.

The irony and hypocrisy is quite funny

My team rented a stadium for £1.4M with no incomes and when they moved to Northampton I complained.
My team now rent a stadium for £100K with some incomes, why should I complain ?

Oh yea. A rugby team play there as well !!

mechaishida

Major confrontations, really??

It usually helps when you don't sign up to forums and immediately start giving it loads, it sets alarm bells.

I took on your advice, so calm down. By my own admission I was acting like a c**t, so if I can drop it, surely you can.

Besides, I haven't caused a row in, ooh, a week or so now? New territory for me, it's nerve-wracking.

stupot07

My team rented a stadium for £1.4M with no incomes and when they moved to Northampton I complained.

Yes, nothing to do with losing the option of buying 50% stake in ACL and potential to have owned 100% at some point.

Unless wasps fail, struggle financially we will never own a single % in the ground.

Sisu will be gone eventually, unfortunately the chance to own ACL and our own stadium is pretty much gone forever too.

Nothing to do with now having to compete with a top flight rugby team for fans limited hard earned cash, or young supporters which will further impact us as they become embedded.

Wasps being here, and losing the option to buy ACL, and the competition for paying customers, and the competition for engaging new young supporters has placed a glass ceiling above us that will last for a long long time. Not to mention losing the option on the Ricoh will put off a lot of prospective owners.

And that's before you get into the franchising, moving a club from its fanbase, the rebranding of the Ricoh and dilution of ccfc branding, wasps lying to their fanbase that they couldn't find anyway or it was buy or bust, etc.

Anyway it match day, so I will ignore this thread for the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Yes, nothing to do with losing the option of buying 50% stake in ACL and potential to have owned 100% at some point.

Unless wasps fail, struggle financially we will never own a single % in the ground.

Sisu will be gone eventually, unfortunately the chance to own ACL and our own stadium is pretty much gone forever too.

Nothing to do with now having to compete with a top flight rugby team for fans limited hard earned cash, or young supporters which will further impact us as they become embedded.

Wasps being here, and losing the option to buy ACL, and the competition for paying customers, and the competition for engaging new young supporters has placed a glass ceiling above us that will last for a long long time. Not to mention losing the option on the Ricoh will put off a lot of prospective owners.

And that's before you get into the franchising, moving a club from its fanbase, the rebranding of the Ricoh and dilution of ccfc branding, wasps lying to their fanbase that they couldn't find anyway or it was buy or bust, etc.

Anyway it match day, so I will ignore this thread for the rest of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

We had 10 years to take up the option that CCC always wanted us to.
It was never going to happen in another 10 years and if it did we would rent off Sisu.
Enjoy the football it's all we have.

Nick

Administrator

I'll reply later, just going out to have a go at people about the fur trade while I wear my gorilla fur coat.

Grendel

We had 10 years to take up the option that CCC always wanted us to.
It was never going to happen in another 10 years and if it did we would rent off Sisu.
Enjoy the football it's all we have.

Why do you keep going on about renting off sisu - it's misleading bollocks.

ranstone

You've already admitted you aren't a CCFC supporter on a CCFC forum. I look forward to your contributions in CCFC chat.

Unless of course, you are selfish with a complete lack of respect for a city's sporting history and traditions?

and I've also said that I would very much like to watch CCFC games at the Ricoh .... Just because I don't want to align myself with a particular club and call myself a fan/supporter shouldn't really be an issue.

Nick

Administrator
and I've also said that I would very much like to watch CCFC games at the Ricoh .... Just because I don't want to align myself with a particular club and call myself a fan/supporter shouldn't really be an issue.
It does if you are on a forum aimed at fans and supporters?

Nick

Administrator
"aimed at" or "exclusive to" ? ....
The question is why would you want to? I don't support West ham, so I haven't signed up on their forums.

I especially don't sign up and give it loads and give it the censorship and free speech stuff.

italiahorse

mechaishida

"aimed at" or "exclusive to" ? ....

See, with this you're proving a point I made earlier. If you're here to discuss, then contribute and quit quibbling about technicalities. Discuss Wasps all you want, just try to get a feel for the place first so you don't come across as a WUM. (Very valuable lesson I learned from Nick, btw).

This is quite literally the last bit of advice I'll give you; you've chosen to ignore the other two pieces.

Grendel

So give me the scenario you believe Sisu are proposing if they build a new stadium for us

What you are implying is that the two companies will be separate the same as CCFC renting of wasps holdings.

This is not true is it? It'd be done as an umberella holding company - like, say, wasps RFC renting of...,wasps holdings.

italiahorse

What you are implying is that the two companies will be separate the same as CCFC renting of wasps holdings.

This is not true is it? It'd be done as an umberella holding company - like, say, wasps RFC renting of...,wasps holdings.

So CCFC (owned by Sisu) will rent off a Sisu company that financed the stadium?
I'm right then?

Will that rental include access to all the incomes or if not what percentage ?

This sounds a little familiar !!

Sick Boy

I'm right then?

There has been absolutely no indication tha the income generated would be withheld from the club in that scenario.

italiahorse

There has been absolutely no indication tha the income generated would be withheld from the club in that scenario.

Exactly, no indication whatsoever.

Will the stadium will be gifted to us and all the incomes given to us? All the financiers of the stadium will get nothing?

All I'm asking for is Sisu to justify that we will be in a better position than we are now before they do something stupid.

Grendel

I'm right then?

Works for wasps RFC doesn't it?

Sick Boy

The pictures for us and the franchise are quite interesting on your website. Do you also work for the telegraph?

oldfiver

Do you want to update your footnotes to include:

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/Information/News.aspx

09/07/15 Coventry City FC owners Sisu win permission to appealThe owners of Coventry City FC have obtained permission from the Court of Appeal to argue that a long term loan of £14.4m from Coventry City Council to the operator of their home ground in January 2013 was a notifiable State aid measure that was made unlawfully and caused them loss. This is a long running dispute between the Club and Coventry City Council that led the Club to move to Northampton for the 2013/14 season and to now share their home ground with Wasps RFC. Rhodri Thompson QC, Nicholas Gibson and Christopher Brown are instructed by Brown Rudnick LLP to represent the owners in this matter and in a related challenge to a 200 year lease extension granted by the Council in the context of the new contractual arrangements with Wasps.

italiahorse

Nick

Administrator
Nope

The JR is how it stands at the moment and the facts within it will remain the same even after the appeal.
Wasps will still own the stadium and CCFC will continue to rent unfortunately.
The question at the appeal will be whether CCC/Higgs would have been better off letting ACL go into administration.
So what you mean is if sisu were to win, you would still just refer to the original one that had since been over Turned?

italiahorse

So what you mean is if sisu were to win, you would still just refer to the original one that had since been over Turned?

The facts and timings don't change so it's a good reference.
It will be replaced with the new one which may or may not have a different judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread