Another Stabbing last night (1 Viewer)

The coventrian

you're being mocked because if you'd read the thread you'd have clearly seen Shmeees suggested solution to the problem.
Try taking your time and reading the thread properly rather than getting all angry and smashing away at the keyboard.
Who's angry?
you're being mocked because if you'd read the thread you'd have clearly seen Shmeees suggested solution to the problem.
Try taking your time and reading the thread properly rather than getting all angry and smashing away at the keyboard.
Smashing the keyboard? What are you on about? I don't agree with what he's saying but because you don't like my reply you say that I'm angry and make a childish remark about smashing up a keyboard.

clint van damme

Who's angry?

Smashing the keyboard? What are you on about? I don't agree with what he's saying but because you don't like my reply you say that I'm angry and make a childish remark about smashing up a keyboard.

What are you on about you daft c**t?
You asked him what his solution was to knife crime.
He posted it earlier in the thread. If you'd read the thread properly you'd have a Seen it.
In my reply to him I say that in conjunction with his suggestion there should be an automatic custodial for carrying a knife so I'm also agreeing with you so where do you get this I don't like your answer bollocks?
Again, try reading the thread properly.

hill83

He posted it earlier in the thread. If you'd read the thread properly you'd have a Seen it.
In my reply to him I say that in conjunction with his suggestion there should be an automatic custodial for carrying a knife so I'm also agreeing with you so where do you get this I don't like your answer bollocks?

You need to get off your high donkey m8

The coventrian

Don't get all angry and smash the keyboard up.
Daft leftie c**t.

SkyBlueDom26

Do you have a built-in alert system, by which every time anyone says 'donkey' you have to appear and post?
BetterTepidAvocet-size_restricted.gif

shmmeee

Oh here we go. The silver spoon uni educated know it alls who look down on those with a shitty education. Yes my grammar isnt great. Do you think that's something to mock?
Your type are no different to the middle class tories who you supposedly despise. Both out for yourselves and mock those who you think are beneath you.

Inferiority complex much.

I’d explained my position. “Do what works”, I followed it up with “lock the fuckers up”. You went off on a normal one because you thought I had some imagined “liberal leftie” viewpoint. When clearly I didn’t.

Hope you get some self confidence, just because you didn’t go to uni doesn’t make you any less of a person.

The coventrian

Inferiority complex much.

I’d explained my position. “Do what works”, I followed it up with “lock the fuckers up”. You went off on a normal one because you thought I had some imagined “liberal leftie” viewpoint. When clearly I didn’t.

Hope you get some self confidence, just because you didn’t go to uni doesn’t make you any less of a person.
Inferiority complex? What's there to feel inferior about? I left school with nothing but worked for a living and I've done very well for myself. In fact I don't know why anyone would want to go to uni. Do a course for a few years then end up with fuck all at the end of it.
You take the piss out of my lack of education all you like but I'll be retiring at 55 with a nice fat final salary pension. You can enjoy working until you drop uni boy.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Inferiority complex? What's there to feel inferior about? I left school with nothing but worked for a living and I've done very well for myself. In fact I don't know why anyone would want to go to uni. Do a course for a few years then end up with fuck all at the end of it.
You take the piss out of my lack of education all you like but I'll be retiring at 55 with a nice fat final salary pension. You can enjoy working until you drop uni boy.
Yeah all those qualified engineers, doctors and lawyers must be kicking themselves over those wasted years....

RegTheDonk

I think in the main it's down to a lack of respect for authority and a lack of resources for the authorities. Yobs these days know they are virtually untouchable pre-18 years old. There is no tangible threat of consequence - perhaps a result of the "nanny state"?

I've always favoured carrot over stick, but thats with trying to motivate rational people. A few may disagree but as we've had decades of trying to educate young offenders to get them to see the light - maybe now it's time to crack the whip a bit more. It would be nice when politicians harp on about tougher sentences they actually followed through.

I hope these additional police numbers do make a difference, but they can only do as much as the law allows. There needs to be legislation to update posession of weapons and stop and search powers, with appropriate sentences, to try and make the law worth not breaking.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think in the main it's down to a lack of respect for authority and a lack of resources for the authorities. Yobs these days know they are virtually untouchable pre-18 years old. There is no tangible threat of consequence - perhaps a result of the "nanny state"?

I've always favoured carrot over stick, but thats with trying to motivate rational people. A few may disagree but as we've had decades of trying to educate young offenders to get them to see the light - maybe now it's time to crack the whip a bit more. It would be nice when politicians harp on about tougher sentences they actually followed through.

I hope these additional police numbers do make a difference, but they can only do as much as the law allows. There needs to be legislation to update posession of weapons and stop and search powers, with appropriate sentences, to try and make the law worth not breaking.

I do agree on maybe bringing in the stick a bit more. You get maybe one opportunity to get the carrot (obviously depending on the severity of the offence) but if you abuse that it's the stick approach.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

The coventrian

Yeah all those qualified engineers, doctors and lawyers must be kicking themselves over those wasted years....
Lawyers and doctors agreed. Engineer's? I bet half of them couldn't mend a puncture on a bicycle. We get these so called engineers out of uni where i work(land rover). They're not Interested in what you've got to say about how something can be fixed as they know best as they've got some qualification they got at uni. I'm.mean,what do us lot who repair them for a living know? Theres no substitute for experience.
And you know exactly the point I was making.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Lawyers and doctors agreed. Engineer's? I bet half of them couldn't mend a puncture on a bicycle. We get these so called engineers out of uni where i work(land rover). They're not Interested in what you've got to say about how something can be fixed as they know best as they've got some qualification they got at uni. I'm.mean,what do us lot who repair them for a living know? Theres no substitute for experience.
But they do have to get into work to get that experience, I started at 16 as an apprentice, 4 years at GEC but there are not many companies giving 16 year olds the opportunity now to be debt free and educated in the workplace.

hill83

Or how about everyone is trying their best to earn a living for themselves and their families. Does it really matter which route people take to achieve that? At least they aren’t stabbing each other.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I was mugged at knifepoint with 2 mates when we were 15 after swimming at cov baths waiting for a bus, 35 years ago, the years of drinking in town from 16 also saw me encounter people with knives, I was lucky that most of the time, I had gone to school with them it they were looking to take money off us.
I think more carry now for protection, I don’t know why, until we start catching them and talking to them, we cannot really address the fundamentals. I think custodial could be right but you have to look at each circumstance on its own merit.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Or how about everyone is trying their best to earn a living for themselves and their families. Does it really matter which route people take to achieve that? At least they aren’t stabbing each other.

Nah, let's stick to divisive sweeping generalisations and 'them and us' type statements.

The coventrian

I agree. It was shmmee who started the mud slinging by taking the piss out of my education. Ironically a crap education is just one of the things he blames for knife crime . It's ok to take the piss out of people like me though.

Users who are viewing this thread